What's new

The Overreacting to IGAU

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I know you said that none of the characters from MK9 are that similar to that characters in injustice but if i was a a Sonya player in MK9 who would be the most similar to my playstyle? thank you for any reply

also people say the joker isnt as good as other characters and is low tier any truth to that?
I hate to inform you that there is only room for one doctor on this site.

The ball is in your sea

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The Joker plays a very spammy playstyle up close, his lack of a great anti-air kinda forces this. He abuses jumping 2 and jumping 3. He uses his sweep from its max range to set up his chattering teeth setups. His best strings are F+232, F+21, and 32. His parry can also interrupt several strings and frame traps.No truth to the rumor that Joker isn't good.
spammy how? strings? frametraps? i was trying to setup frametraps and go for guaranteed attempts but the cpu always beats me in practice mode

why would people not jump on joker and not let him use his sweep if he cant AA for shit?

UnD34D

Noob
I've been talking to Blackula about this shit, but I figured I'd mention it here too. So I've been fucking around with Superman, because he's the coolest in DC, and as far as I've seen, he doesn't have a cross up, which is gay, but you can use an instant-air dash j.2 for a cross up, a lot like the j.2's in MK9, but seriously, Superman doesn't get a cross up? I have more too, but I'll probably just talk to you live on Friday or something.

I hate to inform you that there is only room for one doctor on this site.

The ball is in your sea
my apologies i did not know there was another Zoidburg related username, if i can change my username to help eliminate confusion i am happy to do so

and character wise i tend to favour characters that have somewhat easy combo's for someone who isnt great at fighting games, i liked Sonya because i could easily do combo's with her and that is the kinda character i am looking for, from what i have played of injustice i am thinking of Shazam, Nightwing, Raven, Bane, Superman or Catwoman which of those would be best for easy combo's or would there be a better character in the game that can create combo's easier? thank you for your reply earlier

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
my apologies i did not know there was another Zoidburg related username, if i can change my username to help eliminate confusion i am happy to do so

and character wise i tend to favour characters that have somewhat easy combo's for someone who isnt great at fighting games, i liked Sonya because i could easily do combo's with her and that is the kinda character i am looking for, from what i have played of injustice i am thinking of Shazam, Nightwing, Raven, Bane, Superman or Catwoman which of those would be best for easy combo's or would there be a better character in the game that can create combo's easier? thank you for your reply earlier
Lol man I was just joking, you're fine.

But dont go posting Zoidberg memes, or I might have to scuttle over there

That's a joke too

nice timing, just noticed it in a game, its godlike

i just noticed frame data on a few moves being wrong, for example jokers 323

on block its -29 but the cpu can d1 right after they do it and beat my 9f low

so all he can do to get in is venom and charges? does he have any mixups or is it mainly his command throw? all i can do right now is that high starter overhead to anti air throw for 20%

why is jumping so fucked up in this game? most jumps are anti airable by some characters
Some of the frame data is wrong right now. NRS is going to hotfix the right info. Right now the data is 95% correct.

Bane doesn't have any mid/low mixups. he can use B+2~command grab as a mix up with B+23 if they try to back dash the command grab. When you land a command grab you want to juice up and command grab again and loop this through all 3 levels of juice until they are dead. The opponent can use a wake up attack as SOME(not all) will escape this. When that happens you can bait the wake up attack and punish it, usually with a cross up splash into full combo.

Bane's best combo is B+23, 113~command grab. You can juice up after the combo has started to increase the damage.

For some characters, their best AA is a neutral jump attack.

its day 1 for us but i think youre on maybe month 4 lol
anyways were you gonna do character write ups like you did in mk? if you are then ill jjust wait to read those instead of asking questions. i always enjoy reading those.
i have 2 gameplay related qeustions, is there any frame advantage after a pushblock or are both charcaters left at neutral? and are there any unclashable moves, like kitanas fans in mk were unbreakable
I'll do a living guide if the demand is big enough, other than that, no plans on any guides.

After push block, both characters are 0. B+3 and F+3 are universally un-clashable attacks. Other characters have certain attacks that are un-clashable in combos such as Sinestro's character power construct blast, GL's MB rocket if you MB it fast enough so only the explosion hits, etc...

spammy how? strings? frametraps? i was trying to setup frametraps and go for guaranteed attempts but the cpu always beats me in practice mode

why would people not jump on joker and not let him use his sweep if he cant AA for shit?
no frame traps. His jumping 3 his spammy as is his jumping 2. jumping 3 is used from range, jumping 2 up close. Up close you use cross up jumping 2 or a fast on the way up and over instant jumping 2. also, after his sweep hits you can try a cross up jump 2/empty cross up jump attempt.

His aa is being able to have spammy jumping attacks that can beat most other jumping attacks.

I've been talking to Blackula about this shit, but I figured I'd mention it here too. So I've been fucking around with Superman, because he's the coolest in DC, and as far as I've seen, he doesn't have a cross up, which is gay, but you can use an instant-air dash j.2 for a cross up, a lot like the j.2's in MK9, but seriously, Superman doesn't get a cross up? I have more too, but I'll probably just talk to you live on Friday or something.
I'll go over Superman in detail with you when we meet up on friday.

Out of the characters you listed, I'd recommend Superman.

Tom Brady
Thoughts on Ares, and Grundy - and have you written their guides on Prima?
They are both really good. I wrote Grundy, not Ares.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Tom Brady
Who should I be playing!!!? Lol

Obviously I like rush down characters like Kabal, Sonya, and cage who want to make you hold block all day. Anyone like that?

Also, Raven seems like a sweet anti-zoner so I want to add her to my arsenal. What kind of set-ups does she have?

Thanks mate! See you at the next tourney!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Tom Brady - Sorry if these got answered already somewhere;
Who has the fastest solid punish in the game, and what range of negetive frames would be considered "Unsafe" in Injustice.

Also what sort of startup time do backdashes have before becoming invincible?

Thanks in advance!

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Who has the fastest solid punish in the game, and what range of negetive frames would be considered "Unsafe" in Injustice.

Thanks in advance!
dat sig lol must of been his first time :cool:

UnD34D

Noob
Lol I feel really bad, you post to answer questions, and everyone asks "who should I play." Play your favorite fucking character. Sometimes they end up low tier, it sucks, but if you practice, you get over it. I assume you're playing this game for one of two reasons:
1. You like DC Comics. If this is the case, pick the character you like the most in the comics. Who cares what tier they are or how many other people are playing them. The real question is, how many other people are playing them well?
2. You played Mortal Kombat. If this is the case, take some time, sit down with the game, and go through every characters movelist. You probably played enough MK to know what kind of character you like if you're on this site. You don't need to post, wait 9 hours for Tom to respond, and then go with his decision. Take those 9 hours to figure the game out.

UnD34D

Noob

Thanks in advance!
The fastest move I've seen in the game is Hawkgirls f+1, it's 6 frames and can lead to a mid or a low, so you're taking some damage. It has short range, but still, there are plenty of moves in the game that put you point blank at more than -7. So, to answer your question, I would start by assuming anything -6 or more, that doesn't push you back, is unsafe. Also, I know I'm not Tom, but c'mon guys, if you have the game, just do some research.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
The fastest move I've seen in the game is Hawkgirls f+1, it's 6 frames and can lead to a mid or a low, so you're taking some damage. It has short range, but still, there are plenty of moves in the game that put you point blank at more than -7. So, to answer your question, I would start by assuming anything -6 or more, that doesn't push you back, is unsafe. Also, I know I'm not Tom, but c'mon guys, if you have the game, just do some research.
I get the game friday. Europe! Trying to get an idea of how the game plays and how the technicalities will affect it.

I saw superman had a 1 frame super. You wont even be able to pressure him most of the time if he has meter right?

UnD34D

Noob
Sorry, I'm in Japan and we got the game, so I assumed everyone had it, my bad. I haven't looked up the frame data for Superman's super, although I play him, but yeah, if Superman has full meter, you can't really do much beyond a full screen zones or a bait. I don't exactly know the limitations of it, but I've been testing it on a lot of my matches, and basically, it beats everything. It goes mid screen, grabs out of low and air, and has armor. I have only tested it super to super against Batman, with him activating his first, and Superman grabbing him before the smoke bomb hit the ground. I think most Supermans will try to bait out a jump or try to do it on wakeup though, so these are where I would bait him.

Tom Brady

Was watching OBS last night and saw you drop all this knowledge, (Frame Data, Punishes, Etc) how'd you even figure out all this stuff in IGAU? Does it just come with FG experience, I mean, it's fine and all reading and digesting info, but, I think it makes you a better player if you figure out and understand it yourself, instead of just listening to someone else, how would other players go about learning the game better themselves so they can come to the same conclusions as you!

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Tom Brady

Was watching OBS last night and saw you drop all this knowledge, (Frame Data, Punishes, Etc) how'd you even figure out all this stuff in IGAU? Does it just come with FG experience, I mean, it's fine and all reading and digesting info, but, I think it makes you a better player if you figure out and understand it yourself, instead of just listening to someone else, how would other players go about learning the game better themselves so they can come to the same conclusions as you!
teach me to fish !!!

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Thanks PMG, Hitroshura, and Tom. I get the game tomorrow and I'm really hype.

Now a more serious question Tom.

Do you feel it will take a while to make a tier list for the game, since everyone got some dirt?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Do you feel it will take a while to make a tier list for the game, since everyone got some dirt?
The answer should be YES because the game has been out to the general public for a day. From what Sabin and others have said, its a lot more balanced than MK9. Tiers should take a long time to sort out.

I'm sure this community's retarded obsession with tier lists will continue though, so I expect lists by the end of the day, if there aren't 20 threads about it already.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
The game still needs balancing tweaks. The wakeup system is also horrible... but.. I still love the game.