What's new

The Overreacting to IGAU

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Man i hope hes as good as he looks to be. Im not slumming it in the mid tier again. If not him im going flash/doomsday/lantern.

PS- Reptile was way better than Rain in MK9 ;)
I would agree, but Black Adam/Aquaman is pretty much my team haha. It has been decided, but your cast seems to be pretty solid from what I've seen. :p I agree Reptile is way higher on dat list lol.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Tom Brady Shazam the best grappler? like Grundy? OMG I see teleports,electricity, butHUGE command grabs? I hope Bane or maybe Doonsday,but Shazam like Grundy?
Another question,how is Green Arrow? what char is like Kabal? maybe GA?

What characters have the best walkspeeds (if you can comment on that)?

And I do suppose I may as well ask what you'd recommend for a Sektor player, if anyone.
Flash has the best walk speed in the game. Thats probably I can say for now.

Tom Brady i heard the invincibily frames on wakeups are different move to move but is there a average?
also when game is out will the per more values be known through the game or will we have to find out in the like of patch notes?
No there is no average. The per moves value are they either have full invincible frames, are invincible only on start up, or have no invincibility at all. Most wake ups with no invincibility are projectiles.

wait wait, raven is a counter zoner? how can that be? i saw gameplay of raven vs cyborg. raven's grabs have far reach, but they get stuffed if there's already a projectile on screen. i don't think her grabs do damage right away, so she loses the trade. i figured her to be a bad matchup for anti-zoning characters. tom, i know you said you'd answer more on release date, but could you please give us a little taste of how raven's a counter zoner?
Her soul crush can punish most projectiles on block from almost full screen and she has a projectile absorb. She can meter burn her absorb and throw back an unblockable projectile.

Tom, give me a character to stick with so I don't repeat the character crisis I had in MK9. your opinion/choice with have implications for all my time as a IGAU player. Thanks in advance sir.
Green Lantern

As a Baraka player what character from IGAU would you recommend?
The Flash
RAVEN QUESTIONS
1. what is her full list of teleports? (in front of opponent, behind opponent, behind opponent in air, etc.)

2. i get the impression she NEEDS meter to do combos. is that true? do you think we might not be seeing a lot of raven's super or winning clashes?

3. is her voice different in her alt. costume?

4. how much of a speed boost does she get from her trait? the trailer made it seem like nothing.
1. She teleports in front or behind, she always appears in air first which allows her to land with a jump in starter.
2. She doesn't NEED it, it just gives her more damaging combo options.
3. No
4. Her trait gives her access to better safer mover more so then a speed boost.

Tom Brady, As you are watching streams of people picking up and playing the game for the first time; What is some advice you would give that it seems like a lot of people are missing fundamentally that will become more obvious over time?
Learn how to move. I KNOW it feels weird at first and their first response is to also stand far away and zone, but learn how to move around zoning and try to understand that everyone gets frustrated in the beginning.

Tom Brady, can you talk about the wake-up game? What are all of your options on knockdown and how do you expect the wake-up game to evolve?
You can get up and block, techroll (unless the knockdown is untechable), back dash, or wake up attack. Because there are several options to blow up wake up attacks including universal launchers I see knockdowns really favoring the guy standing in this game.

Tom Brady my only question...is solomon grundy tourny viable? And also I 2 want a living guide so please hook it up my dude :D
Yes, he's tourney viable.

Tom Brady
As someone who mained a character in MK9 that had some TERRIBLE MU's...do you feel this game is more balanced? I (assuming I'm correct in saying this) feel that the fact EVERY character can Meter Burn their B3 and F3's...that's a tremendous attribute for the characters in this game.

Also, can you explain the Wager system to me in layman's terms...I'm still like...uhhh what!? Thank you.
The game is def more balanced than MK9.

The wager system is a way to take life or get life back when you clash. The person who initiated the clash can gain life back, while the person who had their attacks clashed can still take life. The amount of life regenerated or taken depends on meter wagered. 1 bar =15% health gained or taken, 2 bars = 25%, 3 bars = 30%, and 4 bars = 33%. When both players wager, the person who wagered the most meter wins the clash. if your opponent wagered 1 bar and you wagered 2, you gain/take 15% health as you won the wager by 1 bar of meter etc etc...

Tom Brady
Joker's spammy playstyle as in zoning or rushdown?

is he mediocre at both or good at something? anything that makes him stand out?
Joker is spammy from mid to close range. He does have a good ranged game though. at this point i really cant comment on exactly what makes him stand out.

Tom Brady What would you classify Green lantern as? Zoner, rushdown, etc...?
He can zone very well but will have to approach the best zoners like sinestro and fight them from at least mid range. He has really good offense, but his offense isn't as good as some of the better offensive characters. I'd say hes a top character who has a solid all around game.

I've seen matches with wonder woman players primarily staying in Lasso stance. Can you give insight on the best options fro sword stance? I love lasso stance but would like to incorporate the Sword stance options as well. Plus that stance change notation you gave us seems impossible to do.
Sword Stance is mainly used for combo options in a cancel from lasso. Practice being able to do the lasso to sword stance transition and meter burn the shield toss. It is consistent with practice.

Tom Brady I love you for answering these questions. Really what the kommunity needed to drown out the bitching.

Is DeathStroke going to have serious issues against Raven, since she is a counter zoner? Kind of like Freddy vs Smoke? And what is the difference between Flash's style of rushdown and Doomsday's? Speed vs overpowering?
Yes, Raven will give a character like deathstroke issues.

Doomsday isn't overpowering as far as damage overpowering. He is overpowering because he is a straight mauler. Flash is more of a calculated I cent get away from him character.

Tom Brady will sindel finally have armor in this game? :p

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
hell no, never

i have no fuggin clue what u were talking about with the streetfighter stuff, all i understood was shoryuken lol.

and are u saying that u can cancel the b3 or f3 with someone like batman? and i thought u cant dash cancel in this game so how can u dash into something else??? x-x
In Street Fighter, FADC worked to quickly cancel moves into dashes to make them safe on block, or could be used on hit confirm to make your character cancel the special / normal animation and immediately dash, allowing you to chain / extend a combo because you could shorten the active frames and give yourself more time to link a combo. It doesn't mean that you can cancel a dash into a normal or another special. You still have to allow the full duration of the dash to come out.

Examples - Wakeup SRK in AE is highly punishable on block. But if you wakeup SRK and then FADC back dash, the full animation of the SRK doesn't come out and instead you stay on the ground and dash out. In that case, your unsafe wakeup was made safe by use of meter / FADC.

Combos like OS c.mk ~ hadooken. (If you don't know what this is, you input c.mk QCF any punch. The fireball doesn't come out unless your c.mk hits or is blocked). Normally your combo ends after the fireball bcause you don't recover from it fast enoguh to continue a combo. But if you do c.mk fireball FADC then dash forward, it cuts the animation of the fireball short and allows you to followup and continue the combo while your opponent is still stuck in hit stun.

That's basically (extremely basically) how FADC works. In injustice, you can use the meterburn sort of similarly in that you can use it as a combo extender.For example the landed grapple (MB) allows you to continue the combo because it cuts the regular grapple animation short. The difference is that you CAN NOT use MB on blocked special to make it safe. RT / R2 does not burn your meter unless the attack actually hits. Also you can't MB on normals like you could FADC out of normals in AE.

ImaTree

The bat breaker...and bat player :p
Tom Brady I don't think this has been answered yet so sorry if it was but, is there a character that would be easier for a subzero player to pick up?

Tom Brady

Do cross ups in the actual release build have shortened cancel advantage based on the distance / depth of the cross up like other back to block fighters? Like the ability to cross over and link into a combo is usually dependent on how high / low / deep the cross over attack lands. True or untrue in IGAU?

What controller would be best recommended for injustic btw? (no pad shizness)
Stick or pad works, its whatever you are most comfortable with.

shit i meant 113
Practice the timing, its not that hard after a while.

@Tom Brady Who closely plays like sindel and sheeva in this game?
no character closely plays like any mk9 character.

Lol since pig and cdjr are now giving insight...might as well ask them as well.

Tom Brady @CdJr Pig Of The Hut

All three of you have played me and know the type of playstyle I use since I main kitana. I plan on using flash, Harley, and frost, but is there a character that somewhat resembles kitana, or mainly my playstyle? I'm all about footsies, whiff punishment, AAs, Max damage, spacing, and getting/maintaining a life lead.

EDIT: can zone and rush, decent pressure, long range attacks, decent pokes, can combo after hitting with projectile ...etc
there is no kitana like character. Kitana had high damage, great unbreakable damage, near infinite safety, ridiculous range, air control, great AA, etc.... no character like that in this game.

Tom Brady, can you voice your opinion of what you predict for the Flash and Green Arrow on a high level competitive play?
I believe they will be great characters, if thats what you are wondering.

Deathstroke is considered a zoner but will he will he have decent tools to deal with the opponent once they get in?

Thanks in advance.
yes.

tom I have 2 questions:

who is the most kung lao like character based on his playstyle anti zone/rushdown style? and please dont recommend batman because Im not feeling him.

2nd does deathstroke have some good upclose tools as well or is he a pure zoning character, it seems like he is what nrs wanted stryker to be.

Doomsday

Yes, Deathstroke can fight ppl off when they get in.

Tom Brady, any chance for a weekly podcast ala the one you did with S1lent?
possibly, but I have no idea. No one really approached me about it yet.

Is Black Adam meant to play like a mix between Shang and C-sub. Played him last night and it seems like his projectiles are good for making people go into the air and his bombs/divekicks are good for locking people down, but whats his normal ability like. I didnt get much look at his strings because it was hard to read the movelist (there was some gibberish over the top of the moves) but his LLM and bM H uL were giving me good mileage for getting people off me, though he has shit like bL that is +6 on block. Also does he have any advancing/ranged normals that cover the space in front of him, i had problems keeping people off me once they got too close for chucking.

Also what is the mindgames behind his trait, its good for when people come in to blockstring you, they take some damage, but i couldnt make it do much else other than that .

He can cancel his trait into normals for high damaging combos. For example.. B+2~character power~112, etc...

The netcode..
Better than MK9

Looks like Toms gone for now.

Hope he will see my question.

1. Anyway, are there any zoners or projectile people who use overhead/low projectiles? Some that have both?

2. Would you think that intractables are fair and viable for tourney play? Transitions?

3. How do Grundys chain throws work? I saw the inputs once, but it looks like its the same style as Jax's generic throw. And honestly, it was frustrating and unclear how to do it with Jax for me. Is it generous to allow me to do the chain throw I want every time? Or will I be doing like Jax and fucking up?
1. yes, there are some projectiles this use overhead or low hit levels.

2. yes, i say for now their fine.

3. They don't work like Jax's multi-slam. They work more like King's multi-throws from Tekken.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Tom Brady

I have a question regarding Superman: Do you think he is viable being played with a rushdown style? His zoning seems really good with that heat vision and heat zap, but how does his block string frame data look from a general standpoint? Can rushdown Supes be competitively viable?

Thanks. Prospective Superman main here.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Does his trait offer anything except extra damage, someone said it absorbed/stopped projectiles but i couldnt be sure.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Tom Brady Ok let me change my question... how good are anti-airs in this game? Batman has none, WW too slow etc... do other chars have faster and better ranged anti-airs???

Tom Brady Shazam the best grappler? like Grundy? OMG I see teleports,electricity, butHUGE command grabs? I hope Bane or maybe Doonsday,but Shazam like Grundy?
Another question,how is Green Arrow? what char is like Kabal? maybe GA?
Shazam has command grabs that juggle if you meter burn them. Green Arrow is nothing like Kabal.

Tom Brady I don't think this has been answered yet so sorry if it was but, is there a character that would be easier for a subzero player to pick up?
There is no sub-zero like character in the game.

Tom Brady

I have a question regarding Superman: Do you think he is viable being played with a rushdown style? His zoning seems really good with that heat vision and heat zap, but how does his block string frame data look from a general standpoint? Can rushdown Supes be competitively viable?

Thanks. Prospective Superman main here.
His block strings are all 0 or low negative frames. He has a good 50/50 from one of his strings though where he can finish the string for an overhead launch or cancel into a low launching special move.

Tom Brady

Do cross ups in the actual release build have shortened cancel advantage based on the distance / depth of the cross up like other back to block fighters? Like the ability to cross over and link into a combo is usually dependent on how high / low / deep the cross over attack lands. True or untrue in IGAU?
Untrue
Tom Brady what does Green Lanter's trait do exactly?
His character power causes a small launch on his lift w/o him having to use super meter. His mini-gun now reaches 99% of the screen and meter burn mini gun now reach full screen. He also does increased damage on his attacks and specials.

Tom Brady Do character supers change based on Stage? For example, Doomsday's super has him punching his opponent through the core of the earth. This isn't exactly possible while in the watchtower, so what happens in that case?

Does ChrisG have the best Batman?

Also are you using stick, and you should do a understanding frames and applying them guide.