What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Nice stuff man, I was looking for antiair conversions against jump ins though. DB3 is just so damn slow.. :/
I am personally less worried about conversions (there are probably some) than about initial anti-air tool. Armoring every jump-in sounds a bit impractical to me lol. Some people suggest converting off f1somehow, and maybe that's good enough, I'm not sure if that will work against most annoying things like jump-ins with 16 active frames and long hitbox and the like. Gotta test.

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
Combos aside, Raiden looks like a very solid character, and get some really good damage mid screen and safe pressure. Good Finds Tony!
Oh how I wish this were true. Most of the fancy combo videos you see with Raiden are completely out of context being in training room. Most of this stuff is very unlikely against even less than capable opponents. Nothing Raiden does is safe...nothing. Even this string for example requires early input to link. If you don't, you're not linking the attack and ending on a neutral raiden. If you enter it on block, you're open to massive easy punish.

Raiden's quickest string is b3,3. That still loses to just about every poke and many opponent strings. These combo video versions starting with either 214 or b14 will get blown up all day by pressure or turtles. Raiden (especially displacer) is all about playing mid to long range. If you get in close, you're going to be wrecked. Raiden MUST maintain full d4 reach or perish.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I am personally less worried about conversions (there are probably some) than about initial anti-air tool. Armoring every jump-in sounds a bit impractical to me lol. Some people suggest converting off f1somehow, and maybe that's good enough, I'm not sure if that will work against most annoying things like jump-ins with 16 active frames and long hitbox and the like. Gotta test.
I think vicinity blast will play a role. if you hit with regular vicinity blast high enough, you can run cancel out of it and convert to combo. I think D4~vb will be great for keeping people in the corner if you think they'll jump. 4~vb kinda works too. Haven't played with it enough. Maybe f1~vb for anti air.

Displacer/MoS seem to need b14 after b2>run since they don't have a full f1,2 string. I haven't gotten it to work reliably at b2's max range, and fuck all trying to get it to work online, I've resorted to just b2 into fly at this point for online play.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Displacer/MoS seem to need b14 after b2>run since they don't have a full f1,2 string. I haven't gotten it to work reliably at b2's max range, and fuck all trying to get it to work online, I've resorted to just b2 into fly at this point for online play.
Yeah, the Thunder God specific strings are much more effective.

Yeah, the Thunder God specific strings are much more effective.
So Thunder God gains that, but loses the f2,2+4 filler from TonyT's video earlier.

The debate over which Raiden is best Raiden rages on, lol. It's going to make switching between the variations for matchup purposes that much harder, if you have to use specific combos for each.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It's interesting because at closer distance b111+3 connects pretty reliable after b2, run. I should test that.

MadPropz101

So Thunder God gains that, but loses the f2,2+4 filler from TonyT's video earlier.

The debate over which Raiden is best Raiden rages on, lol. It's going to make switching between the variations for matchup purposes that much harder, if you have to use specific combos for each.
You don't really lose f2, 2+4 . It just changes a bit but you can still do an electric fly or ex shocker after charging it. The main thing about Thunder God that i prefer is the b32 that can go into f12 ex shocker.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
You don't really lose f2, 2+4 . It just changes a bit but you can still do an electric fly or ex shocker after charging it. The main thing about Thunder God that i prefer is the b32 that can go into f12 ex shocker.
Well, the beauty of regular f22+4 string is that you can link it into another string, with TG it's maybe doable in the corner, but that's it.

MadPropz101

Well, the beauty of regular f22+4 string is that you can link it into another string, with TG it's maybe doable in the corner, but that's it.
Yeah, but the timing on doing another string after f22+4 has to be impeccable.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Yeah, but the timing on doing another string after f22+4 has to be impeccable.
Yeah, it's somewhat tight, and is also affected by precision of initiating that b22+4 after whatever juggled your opponent, as well as inputting whatever you are going to link after f22+4 early enough.
But that's what non-TG meterless combos are right now, I guess.

Notez4

Noob
. The main thing about Thunder God that i prefer is the b32 that can go into f12 ex shocker.
b32 also leads into b14 which leads into 30% meterless :)

Also i was dabbling with 2 meter combos for situations where i would need to end the match. cant seem to break 46-47 percent. is that good? or can raiden get more off of 2 bars. this is on thundergod and without a jump in of course.

MadPropz101

Also i was dabbling with 2 meter combos for situations where i would need to end the match. cant seem to break 46-47 percent. is that good? or can raiden get more off of 2 bars. this is on thundergod and without a jump in of course.
46-47 sounds about right, in the corner you can get 56% with any variation 2 bars.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

He can do 48% one meter off of 214 starter midscreen.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
214 is a great combo starter (highest damaging) and 214 is -2 on block. Pretty safe. A backdash afterwards will avoid d1's and d3's which they will pretty much have to do if they want to lock you down afterwards. And the range on standing 2 is decent and starts up in 9 frames. Yeah it's a high but you shouldn't just be throwing it out for no reason in the first place.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
is there a reason to not end combos with b1,4~electric fly?
seems to do the same damage and has great corner carry
Hey can you help me with NJP after ex shocker? I can do it in 1 of 4 tries.. what's the secret?
I jump right after the the MB shocker.
I won't be pulling it online so I chose to not use it in my combos

mrtom

Noob
Hey can you help me with NJP after ex shocker? I can do it in 1 of 4 tries.. what's the secret?
After ex shocker try holding up so you jump right away and pressing punch on the way up. If you wait too long to press punch it'll miss.

Snoop

hey
After ex shocker try holding up so you jump right away and pressing punch on the way up. If you wait too long to press punch it'll miss.
this is what I try to do... but still I miss it a lot. Can you do it at least 3/4 times? This punch looks stylish + it is extra hit in your combo

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
I find timing b14 after ex df2 popup immensely difficult online. It almost always drops with lag nowadays. I find way more consistency in following up with 213 -> superman.

As for ending on b1,1,1+3, I only use it in the corner and I've had no problem maintaing pressure with a dash afterwards or an in front teleport while in displacer. I think it's a valid option for any variation.

Thundergod - b3,2 string
Displacer - Teleport in your grill
MoS - Opportunity to drop a trap orb

mrtom

Noob
this is what I try to do... but still I miss it a lot. Can you do it at least 3/4 times? This punch looks stylish + it is extra hit in your combo
Depends on offline or online. Offline I almost always land it but online is about 50%. Unless the match has a really good connection I usually don't even bother attempting online, I hate missing it and wasting a bar.