What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
This probably sounds like a noob question, but how exactly does the FB run cancel work after the B14? Does it leave you a more positive frames and allow for a rushown mixup? Or is it actually able to combo after the cancel if done fast enough?

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Meterless:
Thundergod midscreen
f12b[2], b14~lightning run cancel, 214~shocker - about 30%
34, run, b14~lightning run cancel, 214~shocker - about 33%
You can add these too(all TG meterless):
213, NJP, run cancel, b14~lightning run cancel, 214~shocker - 33%
JIP (jump in punch),213, NJP, run cancel, b14~lightning run cancel, 214~shocker - 36%
JIP (jump in punch), f12b2(don't hold), b14~lightning run cancel, 214~shocker - 33%
-- (For data collection sake)
1 bar combos
Thundergod midscreen

214~EX-shocker, NJP, run, b14~lightning run cancel, 214~shocker - about 47%
I tested this, it's 48% on the nose.

Thundergod corner:
214~EX-shocker, b2, 213, f12b[2], b11~shocker - about 53%
214~EX-shocker, b2, b2, f12b[2], b11~shocker - about 55%
The first one is 49%. Just tested.
The 2nd one I think may only be possible on big guys like Torr and Goro? The Hitlerian High (f+1, named by Nugava) misses on normals.

I found 2 combos both giving 50 and 51%. Both are the same moves used, but if you change the order, one gives 51% and the other 50% Weird.
b2, b2, 214~EX-shocker, b+3[2], f12,b[2], d2 - 51%
b2, b2, 214~EX-shocker, f12,b[2], b+3[2], d2 - 50%
Strange.

This probably sounds like a noob question, but how exactly does the FB run cancel work after the B14? Does it leave you a more positive frames and allow for a rushown mixup? Or is it actually able to combo after the cancel if done fast enough?
I was gonna do the frame data math, but that makes my head hurt. Essentially, you are trading the recovery frames for the lightning bolt, which also cancels very quickly with run. When all is said and done, the opponent is still recovering from the b14 hit stun by the time you run up and press buttons.

This seems to only work when you hit them out of the air with b14, as the falling animation seems to add extra recovery frames. (IE you cant infinite b14 LB run cancels all day and night, thank God).
-- EDIT -- Well crap, I just managed to string a combo after a raw b14 LB run cancel, so IDK anymore. You can connect one b14 LB run cancel into another b14 LB, but when I try to run cancel again, it flashes red and makes that game show buzzer sound. :/

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Both. The first one if you use anything other than 2. If you do 214 fast enough, it combos.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I think he has a 40%+ meterless combo at midscreen. Going to try and nail it later this afternoon.

JLU51306

Does anyone have tips for landing NJP after 214 DF2 Ex? I just can't seem to get the timing right. It'll connect maybe one in twenty attempts.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Damn those 3 bar combos seem hard to pull off.
None of them require actual run cancelling though, just a normal dash after the EX lightning ball. I know 3 bar combos aren't practical, but if you're on the last round and you have them below 50%... idk. Most were inspired by Tony-T. The last one is easy, even online easy, I'd say.

joeldm

Noob
Edit: Hold on, I realized that some of these combos with regular f22+4 are in fact Displacer and MoS only. TG version of string is holdable and it doesn't pop up opponent hight without holding it - but then opponent will be much further. Gotta add TG combos from that video because I failed to account for this nuance.

Some combos from video by @TONY-T . Because he used infinite stamina I may be missing runs here and there. Please tell me if that's the case.

Meterless:

MoS/Displacer midscreen
34, f22+4, b111+3 - 30%

1 bar combos

Displacer/MoS midscreen
213, f22+4, f22+4~EX-shocker, b14~fly - 39%
My new midscreen 213 combos:
meterless: 213 f22+4 b14 bf3 28%
1 bar: 213 f22+4 b14 df2 ex b14 bf3 38%

But the @TONY-T combos are incredible :)

213 f22+4 f22+4 bf3 or df2 - 29%. I think this is the meterless version of 213 Tony-T that was not listed.
Thanks for the list combos

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
213 f22+4 f22+4 bf3 or df2 - 29%. I think this is the meterless version of 213 Tony-T that was not listed.
Nice one. One gotta love that f22+4 string to play Raiden I suppose :p

-- EDIT -- Well crap, I just managed to string a combo after a raw b14 LB run cancel, so IDK anymore. You can connect one b14 LB run cancel into another b14 LB, but when I try to run cancel again, it flashes red and makes that game show buzzer sound. :/
You need to have 1 bar or more stamina in order to initiate run I suppose.

213 starter is unsafe unless a punish but in the corner, you can do a fjK instead of a njp into a few things like b14 into all sorts of things, and if the moment calls for it, a late jump kick into the corner just right can convert into 213/4 and a few other things

JLU51306

So incorporating the DB1 run cancel, I've come up with this midscreen:

Ji2 214 DF2 EX, NJP R, B14 DB1-C-R, 214 DF2 (49% Damage)

Removing the NJP for easier inputting online comes out at 46% Damage.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So incorporating the DB1 run cancel, I've come up with this midscreen:

Ji2 214 DF2 EX, NJP R, B14 DB1-C-R, 214 DF2 (49% Damage)

Removing the NJP for easier inputting online comes out at 46% Damage.
Sounds good, I think OP even used something similar (maybe with different starter) at GGA tournament.

Hey, I was wondering If anybody has any max damage combos connecting from an anti air? I'm not sure if it's been posted in here yet but it would be great if anybody has some they could share.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Hey, I was wondering If anybody has any max damage combos connecting from an anti air? I'm not sure if it's been posted in here yet but it would be great if anybody has some they could share.
Uploaded some just now

Last edited: