What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Yet again another quality from Tekken... No... From every other fighting game... That mk needs to replicate. There needs to be a setting to only choose to fight/connect to others who have the best possible connection i.e. 4 bar ping. Tired of getting beat by scrubs who spam the same move. You know how frustrating that is? Getting beat by a move that you know EXACTLY how to counter but can't because the input delay makes it undoable? Then they t bag you!

This is going in the complaint thread, isn't it? :/

Last edited:

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I recently tried to play Skullgirls 2nd Encore on 1.8mb wi-fi... and it was flawless. Meanwhile, I'm dealing with 10+ frames of input lag while using a 25mb hardwired connection in MKX. We REALLY need to do something so that NRS stops putting out this garbage. Can anyone explain why MKX is so ass online? And how do we make a change?

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I recently tried to play Skullgirls 2nd Encore on 1.8mb wi-fi... and it was flawless. Meanwhile, I'm dealing with 10+ frames of input lag while using a 25mb hardwired connection in MKX. We REALLY need to do something so that NRS stops putting out this garbage. Can anyone explain why MKX is so ass online? And how do we make a change?

The netcode is ass..but your download speed hardly matters.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Ehhh...
Doesn't the game let you decline people with a connection that doesn't suit yours?
And even so, I've had plenty of 4 bar matches where my opponent still had a shit connection.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I have 105mb Internet and still lag with people I know have good internet. It's an unwinnable fight.

Play for fun.

Gears of Wars shit connection, host nonsense didn't stop me from playing online even when going to offline tournaments.

Just have fun. It's what a video game is for.

Ehhh...
Doesn't the game let you decline people with a connection that doesn't suit yours?
And even so, I've had plenty of 4 bar matches where my opponent still had a shit connection.
I don't get why NRS makes such hugely successful fighting games, yet the online is pointless. Most people play online, so it should've been a focal point. Why didn't they learn from the past two games?

I have 105mb Internet and still lag with people I know have good internet. It's an unwinnable fight.

Play for fun.

Gears of Wars shit connection, host nonsense didn't stop me from playing online even when going to offline tournaments.

Just have fun. It's what a video game is for.
I may sound like I take this a tad bit too serious... But it's a fighting game. You play for keeps! YOU PLAY FOR KEEPS! But ya its just frustrating not being able to play right. A shooter is different because the lag doesn't stop you from pulling the trigger and doing damage. Lag, however can and WILL stop ALL of your combos and strategies.

HanSolo

Noob
Ehhh...
Yepp. It does suck though, online is my only way to play for now at least. Is there any way for this to be fixed in future or is it too late? Hopefully nrs listens to more than just character subforums =/

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Lol, they have had since 2004 when they were Midway Games to get it right and just built upon it each time. Good look waiting:rolleyes:
They fooled me 3x no more NRS games for me even though they are fun they are ultimately more frustrating then anything. Just maybe for injustice 2 if they hype the netcode well before release I will pick it up after release.

With SFV and T7 I can happily pass on Injustice because the chance of playable netcode is much higher then NRS.

Seriously though if NRS fails 4x in a row on netcode they obviously don't give 2 shits about it.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
I can't get the trophy to edit my background, icon, and border no matter how many times I edit my background, icon, and border

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Hey guys. If you're one of those people that enjoy making your life miserable and hard, play online while doing remote play. It's super "fun." Doing it now

Last edited:
I mean when compared to GOW, MKX online is a saint in comparison. But that's not the main complaint.

My main complaint is... WE NEED MORE WEEKLY SALTY REPORTS!!!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Covert Ops Sonya needs to have her MS overhead splat and low launch for a full combo if they want to kepp it safe. Their current status is ridiculous.