What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
Normally I don't like to say online is at fault but HOLY FUCKING BULL FUCK. Every match I've been playing for the last couple days is like I'm watching an instructional slideshow on how to get my asshole fisted by people I KNOW I'm better than. I have made my TV go deaf by yelling at it cause of this horrendous online. It's so laggy at times, I can't even hit start to quit this shit, would have to throw my fucking modem out the window for a disconnect.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I think NRS went a bit overboard with some of the ways in order to pull off the brutalities. Some of them just have ridiculous requirements. Like Jax's first brutality which requires the opponent to be ducking or any brutality which requires the opponent to be blocking. It's probably easier to do them on a human opponent, but against the CPU it's pretty much impossible to get unless it's by luck or an accident.

We also have Johnny Cage's Bring It On brutality. Which requires you to have less than 5% health and to land a charged flip kick. Yeah good luck pulling this off in an actual match. Like anyone is going to sit there and let you charge a flip kick when you're that low on health.

There's also Sonya's Thigh Master and Garro That brutalities. The former which not only requires you to have at least 50% health, but to also land a 5 hit combo that ends with her leg grab. And the latter which requires you to land a 10 hit combo during the match. Why can't it just be a simple leg slam with the 50% and an enhanced version of Sonya's countermove instead of this tedious as hell 5 and 10 hit combos which I have trouble doing fast enough. It just seems like a lot of unnecessary extra work.

They will make easy fatalities, but will over-emphasize brutality requirements. Where's the logic in that?
Completely agree.

PROKTOR

Noob
Some of the brutalities are absolutely ridiculous to perform. Like Jax's ragdoll one... Stage brutalities are getting lame and repetitive with the body throwing to trigger a brutality on the outworld marketplace and the kove for example... the log from dead woods was pretty cool. are they gonna patch in sky temple for the monk next? lol. I really want a stage brutality that works like a stage fatality but not with throwing something.... this needs to be more creative. So many possibilities with the creatures in levels and stuff. Also Story character dlc would be awesome. Also, wanted another way to unlock mobile to console costumes. I'm not in to the mobile NRS games. Not really complaining much, I love this game and all the secrets with it. However, some things just need improved and added.

PROKTOR

Noob
I think NRS went a bit overboard with some of the ways in order to pull off the brutalities. Some of them just have ridiculous requirements. Like Jax's first brutality which requires the opponent to be ducking or any brutality which requires the opponent to be blocking. It's probably easier to do them on a human opponent, but against the CPU it's pretty much impossible to get unless it's by luck or an accident.

We also have Johnny Cage's Bring It On brutality. Which requires you to have less than 5% health and to land a charged flip kick. Yeah good luck pulling this off in an actual match. Like anyone is going to sit there and let you charge a flip kick when you're that low on health.

There's also Sonya's Thigh Master and Garro That brutalities. The former which not only requires you to have at least 50% health, but to also land a 5 hit combo that ends with her leg grab. And the latter which requires you to land a 10 hit combo during the match. Why can't it just be a simple leg slam with the 50% and an enhanced version of Sonya's countermove instead of this tedious as hell 5 and 10 hit combos which I have trouble doing fast enough. It just seems like a lot of unnecessary extra work.

They will make easy fatalities, but will over-emphasize brutality requirements. Where's the logic in that?
I agree so much. I think they just took the formula of challenge from the older brutalities and applied it with a new style and execution. However, they made some of it nearly impossible to execute like you said. Some of it is luckiness really and kills the fun of trying to do the moves...A few of these are not simplified to be done outside of P1 vs P2 and Kustom Kombat with brutality modifier on.

MK Led

Umbasa
I don't personally think the faction system will do anything for the longevity of the game, I do like the fact that you can change the menu background though. I think having 20 or so of those would have been nice, and maybe some other visual customization options. Idk, I just like the big visual change in something you see so often.

So like.. Let me start the Tanya salt. Not so much that she needs nerfs, because I don't think she does.. My complaint is more about how ridiculously inconsistent and non-sensical the character designs are in this game.

Tanya has a variation specific special to be used up close that's safe on block and is +52 on hit... Let me say that again. SAFE ON BLOCK AND +52 on hit... and it's not even a metered version. Her overhead starter is 24F and her low is 12F. She also has basically mileena's fade but better in all variations AND it can be done in the air into air mixups.

Mileena's OH starters are slower, and she has an entire variation (ethereal) based on fade, which is worse than a special that Tanya gets across all variations, and her low sai or sai blast / any special up close is anything but safe on block and doesn't give anywhere close to +52 on hit.

How can a Mileena player look at this and say it's balanced? +52 for a safe meterless special is overboard. There is now literally zero reason at all ever to play Mileena in ethereal.. Tanya has better versions of that tool in all variations.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So like.. Let me start the Tanya salt. Not so much that she needs nerfs, because I don't think she does.. My complaint is more about how ridiculously inconsistent and non-sensical the character designs are in this game.

Tanya has a variation specific special to be used up close that's safe on block and is +52 on hit... Let me say that again. SAFE ON BLOCK AND +52 on hit... and it's not even a metered version. Her overhead starter is 24F and her low is 12F. She also has basically mileena's fade but better in all variations AND it can be done in the air into air mixups.

Mileena's OH starters are slower, and she has an entire variation (ethereal) based on fade, which is worse than a special that Tanya gets across all variations, and her low sai or sai blast / any special up close is anything but safe on block and doesn't give anywhere close to +52 on hit.

How can a Mileena player look at this and say it's balanced? +52 for a safe meterless special is overboard. There is now literally zero reason at all ever to play Mileena in ethereal.. Tanya has better versions of that tool in all variations.
Mileena comes standard and you pay extra for Tanya.

It's fun to shit on NRS because outwardly it can look like they're clearly blind people pretending they can see, but LBSH, the Tanya/Mileena indiscrepency is easily explained by good ol' Occam's Razor.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I feel that fractions is an attempt to add something extra for online play. Its cool i guess but i would of perfered better netcode over this imo. But thats just my opinion.

EDIT:
Not to mention if u do a team rank or a fraction match the loser always quits since negative day 3 (prior to launch) till now i have yet to complete one of these due to rage quiters.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Why do NRS make some command throws chuck the opponent fullscreen? Id understand if they had good zoning options but what about Torr Lakey? I dont see the logic behind it other than looking cool.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I'm almost got used to input issue that bugs folks who don't use pads/sticks when right direction always overrides left direction.

Kinda had to because NRS shows no intention to fix it.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
i got another one. why cant i use DLC characters as dummies n training mode? i feel like i have to buy them if i want to learn the matchup.

Audit

Falls down too much
Why do NRS make some command throws chuck the opponent fullscreen? Id understand if they had good zoning options but what about Torr Lakey? I dont see the logic behind it other than looking cool.
As a Lackey player, I can tell you that the variation would be broken if the cmd throw did anything but throw them full screen.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
People who are pro tourney or whatever you call it arent going to appreciate it. However my younger brother and cousin actually seem to enjoy the faction system and the towers. Sometimes even i do myself. Its new.
(but i would like Kombat Chess)
Even the Krypt is amazing. But thats just the first couple of times you go in.
But i can respect and enjoy that MKX was created with some new ideas in it. And thats what i like to see, along with many others. The fact that theyre trying new things.
They may not be so appealing to many people, but if its something that alot of people like then theyll improve the idea for later times.

Darth Taco

Oh, it's a windy and sunny day.
I wonder if Ed Boon ever trolls these forums while tears slowly roll down his cheek reading these threads
Well, I'd hope he's trolling TYM occasionally, looking for feedback. I highly doubt he or the rest of NRS are particularly attached to the faction system as is, it even kind of seems like a test to see fan reception.

Therefore, I made this thread. :V

Dude I'm totally with you, I just pictured him like "hell yeah people are gonna love all these cool features", then he realizes that the faction system is pointless by reading through the forums lol

GhosT

Noob
All it was good for to me was giving my OCD ass a few achievements to whore lmao.

On xb1 I think each faction has won with special forces being Champs 2 or 3 in a row. I still doubt it's legitimacy cuz at first no faction came anywhere near Lin kuei and now they are last place week in and out... hmmm