What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
50/50s are not skill. 50/50s are not fun. Why do these things exist?
They're fine when it's localized to a few characters. Vortexes are perfectly legit for some characters to have but when run up 50/50 repeat is like 75% of your game's meta, there's a problem.

Having so much of this shit hinge on straight up guessing is anti-skill, no doubt.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
They're fine when it's localized to a few characters. Vortexes are perfectly legit for some characters to have but when run up 50/50 repeat is like 75% of your game's meta, there's a problem.

Having so much of this shit hinge on straight up guessing is anti-skill, no doubt.
Yeah but if your being knocked down and still believing you have to deal with the 50/50 THEN the problem doesn't lie in the vortex. It's in the player. You have plenty options on knockdown to get outta the "vortex" which in reality is just a mix up.

Wigy

There it is...
Can we not have the main characters with 37 skins (scorpion and sub) and then everybody else having like 2..
Injustice. Superman had more skins than like 3 other characters combined and the DLC characters had none.

This not bugging anybody else? I know its early but scorpion already has like 7 skins and cassie etc have 2.

Wigy

There it is...
Kitana has plenty. So does Reptile, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Ermac, Mileena, Jax, etc.

Give it time. They're already doing better than they previously did.
Yeah, all the oldschool mk characters, seems like they've entirely ignored the new ones.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
i agree but i think the alts will come in time for the new cast.
at least 1 each, if the demand is there.

E

Eldriken

Yeah, all the oldschool mk characters, seems like they've entirely ignored the new ones.
It's probably considerably harder to think of good alternates for the new characters. For the old school characters, it likely takes less time (thus less money and resources) to make a new costume since they've been around so long and they have more to work with.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Fuck this. If Scorpion doesn't get a UMK3 skin I will do bad things.

That being said, I'm not really sure what kind of extra costumes they could come up with for some of the newcomers. I mean they already tried their hand at an alt for Erron and well, the less said about it, the better....

E

Eldriken

All I know is newcomers better be getting styled out too. I can only use Boot Camp Jacqui so many times
I don't know what kind of alternate costume they could give Jacqui that's better than Boot Camp. I'm bein' serious, too.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I don't know what kind of alternate costume they could give Jacqui that's better than Boot Camp. I'm bein' serious, too.
I'd just like to see them do some outlandish stuff like with the Brazilian pack. I just wanna see that kind of wackiness with the new comers as well

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
I know I'm going to get hate for this, but I wish Cassie had her original render that made her look older without the giraffe neck, and Reptile got his MKSM outfit. I know a lot of people don't like the "lizard" reptile, but I personally feel it's best for him to look like a lizard/human hybrid, and his design for SM was 2sick.

Reptile

Cassie

E

Eldriken

I know I'm going to get hate for this, but I wish Cassie had her original render that made her look older without the giraffe neck, and Reptile got his MKSM outfit. I know a lot of people don't like the "lizard" reptile, but I personally feel it's best for him to look like a lizard/human hybrid, and his design for SM was 2sick.

Reptile

Cassie

Cassie's hair in that picture is so much better than what it is now, especially in her alternate costume.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
It's probably considerably harder to think of good alternates for the new characters. For the old school characters, it likely takes less time (thus less money and resources) to make a new costume since they've been around so long and they have more to work with.
Not really. They can use a concept art costume with Cassie Cage and others