What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I find it absolutely useless, should of been scrapped so there was more time to work on story, netcode etc... Same for the Living Towers, would rather have the Challenge tower and then special towers every once in a while.

LockM

Noob
So... new complaint today. Whats up with the ridiculous hit stun on pokes in this game?

Its not that big of a deal, i just dont think you should be able to setup a free mixup attempt from a poke.
You cannot combo from pokes such as d3, d4, d1. If they didn't give nice frame advantage after these pokes then why would you really use them?
There has to be something to them to make you respect it.

Darth Taco

Oh, it's a windy and sunny day.
I agree. Its totally unecessary. Imo there should only be lin kuei and shirai ryu.
I guess that's all anyone would pick if Shirai Ryu were there. :p But if they were only going to pick two factions, like an MMO would, then just Earthrealm and Outworld would make the most sense, IMO since that would fit the usual "sorta good vs. sorta bad" system that a lot of MMO's have, and that's what the MK tournament actually is.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I don't get how it would bother anyone... If you don't care about it use it for the background and faction kills... If you do care it gives you stuff to do that is non-intrusive... The whole blank will never win is already a moot point because on ps4 at least it's been nearly a 5 way tie for almost 2 weeks...
I mostly use faction kills because I currently main random and they are easy..
I do agree the realm would have made more sense though... But as a whole I am fine with it...

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Faction kills are interesting, not much else is a huge value in it, but at least they tried something different. It's not like they skimped out on other content by any means though and just focused on a somewhat unneeded mechanic.

Darth Taco

Oh, it's a windy and sunny day.
It's not that I don't think it should be there, exactly, I just feel like--in it's current state--they should have just used the development time on something else.

You know, IMO. Maybe they'll have a bigger and better one in what ever next game they've got planned.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'd just remove the whole shit and put all that effort towards having actual workable multiplayer and fixing all the broken shit everybody finds brand new examples of by the week.

One thing I really love about Mortal Kombat X is that NetherRealm really listened to lots of what people wanted in the game, and added things in to appeal to all types of their audience.

Remember, the average player of the game is not a pro-tourney player, so they included stuff for casuals as well.

One of the casual things is the Faction system. That way casuals can feel like they're contributing to something, completionists can collect more stuff, you can get easy Fatalities (Faction Kills) that are simple to pull off, etc.

Could the Faction system be more hardcore? Yes, but I believe in a Kombat Kast NetherRealm said it was designed with casuals in mind.

Having said that, are there improvements that could be done with the Faction Wars? Absolutely.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Actually the time they put into faction they probably could have made stage fatalities instead, I would have much preferred that honestly.

George Costanza

The Myth, The Legend
Actually the time they put into faction they probably could have made stage fatalities instead, I would have much preferred that honestly.
I was really surprised about the lacking of stage fatalities.....in all honesty though I expected Animalities, Babalities, etc.....:(

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Like, this might not be a problem to others. But I have to get something off my chest.

Why is it that whenever I go online the game never picks my stage? I can go 20 matches straight. But does my stage get picked? No, it doesn't.

Is it me? Am I doing something wrong? Is it because I wan't to be near Blanche? I never throw her. So why?

Does this happen to anyone else?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
If you pick the same stage what happens... Does the universe collapse upon itself.... All random everything you can't lose...

I also hate people who nag a lot...