What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Walter Fudgens

"Wizards are known for their shoulder charges"
I try not to play online xD it sucks but I just spend time labbing characters :p I play xbox so I guess noone from TYM has one or plays on it cause i've been waiting a couple weeks for people to play with. no luck xD

Yep, this, so much of this xD I've been here for close to 4 years, and even when I was severely active noone ever added me xD
I'm on Xbox, you should add me. Gamertag is my name here.

Also http://testyourmight.com/threads/official-mkx-xbone-gamertag-thread.48701/

sars

Noob
I can relate to these casuals because I used to be one. I would learn the basic moves and never try to get better. I would get online and then get bored and never play again. Eventually they will get tired of getting wooped. This is the first fighting game I have ever taken seriously and this site has helped a lot. I am addicted to this game cause I can actually hit combos and punish some things. The thing is some people don't care to get better and that's ok but the game is so much better when you understand the machanics. When I started playing, I learned one combo and then went online and that's all I tried to Do. Aftee I could hit that I learned a couple more and then some mixups. Every week I try to add something new to my arsonal so I don't put to much on my plate at one time.

People who just play online and don't try to learn any machanics don't understand what they missing out on. I'm like 210 and 250 online in ranked matches. I lose to some noobs and beat some people with crazy records, but I'm always trying to learn. I don't mind taking a loss because it only makes you better. This is the most fun I have had gaming in a while because I'm actually seeing my progress. I will be playing this game for a long time and hopefully I keep improving.

medleyoz

Noob
OMG could people who have their internet running from the wifi from the McDonald's down the road please stop playing online. I'm not very good but I should have just won a few ranked matches in a row against people who I had less than 20% chance of winning against. but they had yellow or no ping. Played against a mileena who kept just randomly rolling and teleporting which I was blocking and my Raiden punish string wouldn't even come out and I'd just stand there looking like an idiot while they hit me because the block was then delayed. Then played a Sub Zero who I was able to drive to the corner multiple times and couldn't hit my 46% corner combo's because the starting strings would come out about 2 seconds after I pressed it so they would just wake up slide out.

Really can't wait for the patch where they allow you to decline matches against people with bad internet. I'm in Australia on PS4 and psn is the same as here so if anyone in Australia wants to play some games feel free to hit me up. I'm all about learning and don't mind loosing but damn its annoying when it wasn't really my fault.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Some dude I just played online spammed teleport with scorpion every second he could. I literally just blocked and punished with an uppercut about 15x. You'd think these retards would figure it out.

Gamer68

Fujin!
im impressed you ever had a playable connection in koth
I've heard that the connections in King of The Hill make the game basically unplayable, but I've never had that issue. I don't even have amazing internet either. However, I was playing Survivor King of The Hill (not normal KoTH), is there any issues happening in that specific mode?

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
So, when's the balance patch coming out? I'm guessing around the time of the next DLC character? When's that?

I got into a ranked match with a Kotal Kahn once. He was good too. I didn't even know how to act. I was just in awe that I was fighting anyone other than a Scorpion or Jason. But whatever. I guess I'll just get good at fighting Scorpions and Jasons. That's my complaint I guess.

NRS has a lot of room for improvement on the idea of safe/unsafe, risk/reward in a fighting game tbh. They said they "learned" from MK9, but a few weeks in and I'm struggling to see much evidence of it. I mean, just compare the frames to SF, Tekken, Soul Calibur and even %75 of MK9. They make a lot of sense. The ones here sort of really don't.

This far in too, they gotta up their damage control and PR game for patches if they want players to stick around. I usually have patience, but I have a few players that have already walked away due to the blatant balance issues.

I've heard that the connections in King of The Hill make the game basically unplayable, but I've never had that issue. I don't even have amazing internet either. However, I was playing Survivor King of The Hill (not normal KoTH), is there any issues happening in that specific mode?
I tried a few koth rooms but after a few unplayable connections gave up on it. I'm not waiting in line just to experience that level of lag. I had a much better experience with Injustice king of the hill. I haven't tried survivor though since I assume the lag is just as bad there.

I tried a few koth rooms but after a few unplayable connections gave up on it. I'm not waiting in line just to experience that level of lag. I had a much better experience with Injustice king of the hill. I haven't tried survivor though since I assume the lag is just as bad there.
This is exactly how I feel. I do love KOTH Survivor because it moves a little faster but the rooms I get in are hit and miss.

So... new complaint today. Whats up with the ridiculous hit stun on pokes in this game?

Its not that big of a deal, i just dont think you should be able to setup a free mixup attempt from a poke.

Darth Taco

Oh, it's a windy and sunny day.
Okay, bear with me here, please. Maybe this is just me, but I really don't care for the faction system. It makes no sense, and is almost useless. All you get from it are profile backgrounds, icons, and borders.

And the choices don't make any sense either. All of them except BoS represent Earthrealm, and three of them are considered allies with each other. And why have Lin Kuei with no Shirai Ryu? There's not an Outworld faction either.

Why not have the factions just be Earthrealm, Outworld, and Netherrealm? And then we can have actual online Mortal Kombat tournaments. :p

Also, as a personal side note, it freaks out my brain. For example, I feel like I can't play Sub-Zero unless I'm Lin Kuei, and I feel like I can't play Raiden unless I'm White Lotus. It's... dumb, I know, but that's another reason I'd like the factions to be more general.

Does anyone else share my sentiments?

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Okay, bear with me here, please. Maybe this is just me, but I really don't care for the faction system. It makes no sense, and is almost useless. All you get from it are profile backgrounds, icons, and borders.

And the choices don't make any sense either. All of them except BoS represent Earthrealm, and three of them are considered allies with each other. And why have Lin Kuei with no Shirai Ryu? There's not an Outworld faction either.

Why not have the factions just be Earthrealm, Outworld, and Netherrealm? And then we can have actual online Mortal Kombat tournaments. :p

Also, as a personal side note, it freaks out my brain. For example, I feel like I can't play Sub-Zero unless I'm Lin Kuei, and I feel like I can't play Raiden unless I'm White Lotus. It's... dumb, I know, but that's another reason I'd like the factions to be more general.

Does anyone else share my sentiments?
I feel like the time they wasted making the factions, could have been used more appropriately by making Johnny not pure shit compared to 75% of the cast.