What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Pig Of The Hut said:
REO + M2DAVE:

can i get clarification on why Mileena is a bad MU for jax? I understand IAS keeps him at check, roll on reaction for dash punch works well but I feel Jax controls air with his AA grab, uppercut and if you miss one telekick then he walks you to the corner (jab jab jab jab jab jab jab) where he is most lethal.

Im really not disagreeing just asking to better understand the reasons.
REO and I agree that iaSBs and d+4 zone Jax effectively. In particular, Jax has no answer for d+4. He is one of those characters who has to jump. Granted he can jump kick and go for the aerial throw, an AA roll leads to more damage and resets Mileena's zoning game. Mileena also has a small crouching hitbox, making Jax's best string, f+4,1,3, much less effective.

I repeat that Mileena is not as good as Kabal overall, but she is definitely up there.

MasterHavik said:
How many more times will be switching up the tier list?
For as long as people play the game.

Vilén said:
I'm not reading through infinite pages to find the answer to this question if it's even there, so deal with it: How did Cyrax lose his bad match-up with Raiden?
Fair point. REO and I decided to remove Mileena from Cyrax's bad match up list, but we added Raiden.

Nick T. said:
just something random I noticed but there's no bad matchup info for Liu Kang.
Sorry for the confusion. Kang has now been added as Liu Kang.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Pig Of The Hut said:
M2DAVE: Who are the Raiden players out there that can show me he is worthy of S tier?
I would agree with Zoidberg. BWizz is definitely up there. Forever King is also very good, but he does not use Raiden exclusively. Playing To Win has potential, but he is an SF player.

When players decide to use Raiden, they must realize that he is not a rush down character. You have to run and play lame in many match ups to win.

Edit: I cannot believe I forgot about Maxter who had the best Raiden by far at Season's Beatings.

Luija1006

since 1995
I agree 100% on the list and where Mileena places. I always thought it was 5-5 with kenshi. But i also always thought it was 4-6 vs KL. Why is it even now? I remmeber along time ago reo had it at 8-2. I know the game changed and KL got some nerfs but does that 8-2 really change to 5-5?
This

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I would agree with Zoidberg. BWizz is definitely up there. Forever King is also very good, but he does not use Raiden exclusively. Playing To Win has potential, but he is an SF player.

When players decide to use Raiden, they must realize that he is not a rush down character. You have to run and play lame in many match ups to win.

Edit: I cannot believe I forgot about Maxter who had the best Raiden by far at Season's Beatings.
I think all those players are S tier players (top players) however i do not believe raiden is s tier. Whether he's played as rushdown or turtle. I just do not see it and ask any raiden player to show me.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Really? That's like saying kabal, kitana, mileena, cyrax aren't stier it's the players using them -_- how can you not see raiden being tops in this game?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Luija1006 said:
Aside from the fact that the current version of the game has absolutely nothing to do with the previous version of the game, the match was never 8:2 in Kung Lao's favor. It was probably 6.5 : 3.5. Perhaps even 7:3. These numbers are irrelevant now because this is a different game. The match up is even now.

Pig Of The Hut said:
I think all those players are S tier players (top players) however i do not believe raiden is s tier. Whether he's played as rushdown or turtle. I just do not see it and ask any raiden player to show me.
You make good points. The community is small, so some characters are naturally not represented, even if they are (very) good. For example, if it were not for Tom Brady, the community would think that Sub Zero is mid tier. If it were not for Morty, the community would think that Sonya is low mid tier. If it were not for Slips, the community would think that Scorpion is low tier. You get the point. MK is unlike SF and MvC, which get exposed very quickly because of the large community. Pay attention to UMvC3 for evidence.

Death

Noob
I have to agree with Pig on this one. Raiden got nothing but nerfs since the game came out. How is raiden S tier but Kung Lao isnt? S tier would look better with KL in there too. KL still a beast.

Deity

Noob
I have to agree with Pig on this one. Raiden got nothing but nerfs since the game came out. How is raiden S tier but Kung Lao isnt? S tier would look better with KL in there too. KL still a beast.
KL has too many bad MU's post patch

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I still think that Kitana and Cyrax are not bad match-ups for Jade. Kitana 5-5, Cyrax closer to 6-4. The rest is cool.
Kitana has her mid-game, her normals and string are going in deep, this is a problem. While Cyrax not really giving trouble without the max damage, which is avoided by flashing through his net. I'm not implying it's easy, I'm sayin' that a same level Jade will beat a same level Cyrax with 6-4 and Kitana would be even. But gotta wait till she's in some more majors.

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
This is the newest off-line tier list, according to REO, Tom Brady, and m2dave. Slight input was also provided by Perfect Legend. The characters are listed alphabetically within each tier. The letters used in the tier list represent the following match up wise.

S = 0-2 bad match ups
A = 3-4 bad match ups
B = 5-6 bad match ups
C = 7-9 bad match ups
D = 10-12 bad match ups
E = 13-15 bad match ups
F = 16+ bad match ups

S Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Raiden
A Freddy Krueger, Jax, Kung Lao, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Smoke, Sonya, Sub Zero
B Cyber Sub Zero, Ermac, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kenshi, Liu Kang, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Shang Tsung
C Baraka, Nightwolf, Noob, Sheeva
D Stryker
E Sindel
F Jade, Skarlet

Please comment and discuss. The tier list is based on off-line gameplay ONLY.

10/30/11 - corrected minor mistakes (thanks to Subzerosmokerai)

11/02/11 - Smoke moved down from S to A+ ; Cage moved down from A+ to A

11/04/11 - changed some of the format of the tier list ; added bad match up information below

11/13/11 - Ermac moved to B; Sindel moved to E; Mileena has no bad match ups

S Tier Characters (0-2 bad match ups)

Kabal: no bad match ups
Mileena: no bad match ups
Raiden: Reptile, Sonya
Cyrax: Kabal, Raiden
Kitana: Kenshi, Mileena

A Tier Characters (3-4 bad match ups)

Jax: Johnny Cage, Mileena, Raiden
Kung Lao: Johnny Cage, Kitana, Sonya
Rain: Kabal, Kitana, Sub Zero
Reptile: Liu Kang, Mileena, Sektor
Smoke: Jax, Kung Lao, Raiden
Sonya: Freddy, Kabal, Sub Zero

Freddy: Kung Lao, Mileena, Smoke, Raiden
Sektor: Kabal, Mileena, Raiden, Sub Zero
Sub Zero: Cyrax, Freddy, Kabal, Kung Lao

B Tier Characters (5-6 bad match ups)

Cyber Sub Zero: Jax, Kabal, Kitana, Liu Kang, Sub Zero
Kano: Freddy, Kabal, Mileena, Sonya, Sub Zero
Kenshi: Jax, Kabal, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile
Liu Kang: Freddy, Jax, Mileena, Noob, Raiden

Cage: Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Reptile, Sonya, Sub Zero
Ermac: Freddy, Jax, Kabal, Noob, Raiden, Reptile
Quan Chi: Cyber Sub Zero, Freddy, Kabal, Mileena, Raiden, Smoke
Scorpion: Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile
Shang Tsung: Cyber Sub Zero, Freddy, Kabal, Kitana, Noob, Raiden

C Tier Characters (7-9 bad match ups)

Baraka: Cage, Cyrax, Freddy, Kabal, Kitana, Liu Kang, Raiden
Noob: Cyrax, Freddy, Kabal, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile, Smoke

Nightwolf: Cyrax, Freddy, Jax, Kabal, Kitana, Liu Kang, Mileena, Raiden, Reptile
Sheeva: Cyber Sub Zero, Freddy, Kabal, Kano, Kitana, Kung Lao, Mileena, Noob, Raiden

D Tier Characters (10-12 bad match ups)

Stryker: Cage, Cyrax, Ermac, Freddy, Kabal, Kenshi, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Noob, Raiden, Reptile, Smoke

E Tier Characters (13-15 bad match ups)

Sindel: Cage, Cyber Sub Zero, Cyrax, Ermac, Jade, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Noob, Raiden, Reptile, Sektor, Smoke

F Tier Characters (16+ bad match ups)

Skarlet: Cage, Cyber Sub Zero, Cyrax, Ermac, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Nightwolf, Noob, Raiden, Rain, Reptile, Scorpion, Sektor, Smoke

Jade: Cage, Cyber Sub Zero, Cyrax, Ermac, Freddy, Kabal, Kenshi, Jax, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Reptile, Raiden, Sektor, Smoke, Sonya

Contact me about errors of any kind.

Thanks.

Totally agree with this. Mileena has no bad match ups. I should know as she is the only character I play with.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Hold on, maybe I missed something, but why is Kabal not included in the bad matchups for Kitana? I mean, I go against the grain with some matchups compared to other kitana players (kenshi, kabal, mileena, raiden, and liu kang all bad, not reptile anymore IMO, cyrax is a good matchup). But I thought it was pretty well-agreed upon that Kabal has a 6-4 on Kitana, whereas some argued that the mileena matchup was only .5 adv mileena at most. Is this going by the assumption of the future hotfix?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Yeah. and to be honest, I can't argue where my main at. But I still think my second should be higher. Sigh.. cruse you armor moves!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
[MENTION=16]REO[/MENTION] [MENTION=27]m2dave[/MENTION]

sorry guys i didnt see the spoiler tab, my bad (major facepalm)

i would really like to hear your opinion on liu kang being in baraka bad match up
ive been sayin over on the baraka forum(a few times) i didnt think it was 5-5 like it marked there,but been told wrong
thankfully someone who else see the matchup as i do :cheers:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Totally agree with this. Mileena has no bad match ups. I should know as she is the only character I play with.
Dude you live in atlanta??? Where have you been?

Why no tourney or community support from you?

Unless i just dont recognize your screen name on here.

Aside from the fact that the current version of the game has absolutely nothing to do with the previous version of the game, the match was never 8:2 in Kung Lao's favor. It was probably 6.5 : 3.5. Perhaps even 7:3. These numbers are irrelevant now because this is a different game. The match up is even now.

You make good points. The community is small, so some characters are naturally not represented, even if they are (very) good. For example, if it were not for Tom Brady, the community would think that Sub Zero is mid tier. If it were not for Morty, the community would think that Sonya is low mid tier. If it were not for Slips, the community would think that Scorpion is low tier. You get the point. MK is unlike SF and MvC, which get exposed very quickly because of the large community. Pay attention to UMvC3 for evidence.
I think raiden has a bad MU with CSZ.

Dive kick punishes turtlers
3 of his main strings you can d3 out of (with a lot of characters)
parry and ex parry works between hits 1+2 and 2+3 of 3 of his strings (ex parry during a string leads to 35% no meter punish)
close dive kick on reaction tracks to teleports.
if raiden cancels to shocker parry lowers hitbox to where it whiffs and then recovers as fast as raiden does off shocker
blocked/baited superman = 40% no meter punish
close bomb then dash forward keeps teleports in check

I would like forever king and b wizz to chime in on all this. I think CSZ can really hold raiden in check

Really? That's like saying kabal, kitana, mileena, cyrax aren't stier it's the players using them -_- how can you not see raiden being tops in this game?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Ive played forever king and b wizz a lot and im raiden not being S tier on our games. They play him exactly how he is meant and still I dont see S tier. Either that or CSZ is a bad MU for raiden

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
This is a pretty good chart. Although I have to disagree with Noob and Kitana being bad matchups for Shang Tsung. They are 5-5's for both in my opinion. Shang has a better inside game than both characters, and he can trade pretty well with Noob, especially at just JIP distance. Kitana is more about getting early life lead and letting her come to you. Not hard to do.

I feel like Shang gets the short end of the stick due to being unpopular. I know he's a little more difficult to play as, but he seriously doesnt have very many bad matchups. I think he's well within A tier.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Really good tier list obviously a couple things I don't agree on which is natural, but nothing to drastic except reptile. Name one bad matchup he has.

galindo

Noob
This is a pretty good chart. Although I have to disagree with Noob and Kitana being bad matchups for Shang Tsung. They are 5-5's for both in my opinion. Shang has a better inside game than both characters, and he can trade pretty well with Noob, especially at just JIP distance. Kitana is more about getting early life lead and letting her come to you. Not hard to do.

I feel like Shang gets the short end of the stick due to being unpopular. I know he's a little more difficult to play as, but he seriously doesnt have very many bad matchups. I think he's well within A tier.
I think noob is a bad matchup but not kitana.

Status
Not open for further replies.