What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
No man, I've said it before that I won't be expressing my opinion on any match-ups in this thread anymore. It has been stated before by one of this list's creators that one should attend major tournaments to prove their claims. Since I have not fulfilled that requirement it's safe to assume that anything I would say would only be considered theory regardless of any non-major tournament match-up experience I may have.

I was only posting to understand your decision of the sudden change. And from what I understand, your telling me that the change in numbers came from a single person insisting on the match-up being even?
There's the community tier list for that.

This is the Tom Brady/REO/m2dave tier list so if one of them decides to change a match up then yea, its gets changed.

Everyone is fucking sensitive, jesus.

DanCock

Cock Master!!

This is the Tom Brady/REO/m2dave tier list so if one of them decides to change a match up then yea, its gets changed.

That's not true. Many people have voiced their opinions and backed them up with reasons why such and such is or isn't a bad/good match up and the list has changed. So it's not just Dave, reo and Toms list. It's everyone that can put forth factual information.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Yes and it has been adjusted by the kommunity as well thus far

So is this a kollaborative kommunity list or is it the m2dave/REO/Tom Brady (elite player) list?

If it's the list based on the opinion of three players who weigh the input of other elite players and then decide what they agree with and what they dont then my point stands; they can change it how they see fit without input from the population at large.

If this is a kommunity list then rankings shouldn't be changed without prior majority agreement.

These two lists would have significant differences.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
KT Smith NYC said:
So is this a kollaborative kommunity list or is it the m2dave/REO/Tom Brady (elite player) list?
Why are you (and others) trying to portray us as "elite" and "egotistical"? I already said I encourage everyone to post their views and opinions. All I am asking is for some common sense. These Skarlet players, for example, have proven nothing to anybody thus far.

You have no Idea how much I agree on Mileena having no bad match ups.
The bitch has an answer to everything.

Good zoning, Good instant air sais, nice teleport kick which can combo, great mixups, great pressure, great d4, small hitbox, great wakeups.

Honestly, with kabal being nerfed in the future, mileena, in my opinion, will be the best character. Not to mention she is the MOST balanced character imo,that fairly earned her S tier ranking.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Honestly, with kabal being nerfed in the future, mileena, in my opinion, will be the best character. Not to mention she is the MOST balanced character imo,that fairly earned her S tier ranking.
I might actually agree, and I think this would be a good thing. Mileena is a very good character, but isn't OP at all. When the best character in the game is still very beatable by much of the cast, it's great for overall balance.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I love European men :p they are hot and sexy :) and I fucking love big brother UK Aaron is the man :)

Ok back on topic sindel still sucks but she owns!! :confused: :sindel::sindel:

i am indeed a sexy beast, keep in mind i'm a twin, so there's two for the price of one!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Why are you (and others) trying to portray us as "elite" and "egotistical"?
First of all, who said "elite" was a bad thing? What is this, the tea party? being elite is a good thing.

Secondly, nowhere did I use or even imply the word "egotistical".

Please don't put words in my mouth, thank you.

Past

Noob
This thread just gets worse and worse. It seems that the cat was let out of the bag and people found out that TYM is not as welcoming and friendly as they thought.

Anyway since this "list" is still not fixed, I'll just say this

1. Jade beats noob and shang tsung. I hope I don't have to explain this. It's not rocket science.

2. Sektor beats Sheeva. This is one of the worst matchups in the game. This one should also be clear cut

M2Dave

Zoning Master
We are aware that the tier list has issues. It is actually not even complete. We hope to make the proper adjustments very soon.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
This thread just gets worse and worse. It seems that the cat was let out of the bag and people found out that TYM is not as welcoming and friendly as they thought.

Anyway since this "list" is still not fixed, I'll just say this

1. Jade beats noob and shang tsung. I hope I don't have to explain this. It's not rocket science.

2. Sektor beats Sheeva. This is one of the worst matchups in the game. This one should also be clear cut
You should explain the shang tsung matchup actually because from my understanding shang dominates her up close. (Not a shang player or a jade player just can't see how shang doesn't go even or win this matchup)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You should explain the shang tsung matchup actually because from my understanding shang dominates her up close. (Not a shang player or a jade player just can't see how shang doesn't go even or win this matchup)
Hey, I am a jade user. Shang has a good up close game, but he is going to have to get in to use it. That means playing Jade's game. With Shangs greatest tools negated (his zoning and fireballs) Jade has the advantage.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
even with the f4 bs. Jax is still good. It seems people forget meter exists in this game for a reason. And they also seem to forget Jax players have brains. We will have something to stay on top.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I wouldn't be so sure on the Jade-Shang matchup. As Chance said, Shang's upclose game is superior. Also, she cannot glow through the soul steal so it isn't as automatic as you might think. Granted, I don't have that much matchup experience but these are just some thoughts based on the few Jades that I have played.

galindo

Noob
I wouldn't be so sure on the Jade-Shang matchup. As Chance said, Shang's upclose game is superior. Also, she cannot glow through the soul steal so it isn't as automatic as you might think. Granted, I don't have that much matchup experience but these are just some thoughts based on the few Jades that I have played.

How far north are you?

There was a really good jade player at the last egp tournament that kicked my shangs ass.
if she can keep away, its hard on shang.

I definitely should have soul steal'd more though...

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't think Jade beats anyone... she just isn't good. I know you guys are working hard with her, and that is commendable... but damn she just wasn't given tools that fit well.
I love the dynamic of this whole thing. Most of the top players that post here don't really give up much information about WHY they think such match ups. The ones that do are considered idiots. Really? I give zero F%*Ks about where you are from, at least give a reason. Hiding stuff is childish. I mean... we have to hide tech to win? Really? That is what the game has come down to?

I feel the ones putting themselves out there with stuff, whether it is right or wrong, at least gets everyone else thinking about it. Isn't that the point? This whole "I found it first" or "I'm better" blah blah blah... WHO CARES. The amazing part is that most of the stuff that i've seen (online non tourney person... sucks :( ) FOR THE FIRST TIME... is stuff you guys knew about way back when. WTF... share that shit. I had no idea Jax f4 was that punishable by like 8 characters. I had no idea Sonya was that punishable. Why is this stuff being discussed, but not shared? The fact that I was so behind makes me glad I haven't gone to these tourneys... its like studying for a test with 5 chapters covered, but you only gave me the first 3.

This thread as a whole is awesome... I've learned a ton. I hope it continues. Share shit!!

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I live in the bay area. And, yea, Jade's whole game is keep away. I think most of us would get throttled by a good Jade because Jade players are few and far between. But once we get more experience, I don't think it will be that bad. Just make sure to learn some basic Jade strats and combos (doesn't have to be much; morph only lasts 5 seconds). Damn, I wished I lived in Socal; the game is pretty much dead up here.

Shang's tier positioning: I feel that Shang is really close to being in A tier. I actually feel that he is a better character than a few of those listed because very few of his matchups are horrible.

REO

Undead
I don't agree that Mileena has no bad match-ups. But this is not my tier list.

What we're working on should be more accurate which will simmer down a lot of the complaints.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Alright, so these are a couple of Baraka's good matchups that I think should be added to the list. Now I am willing to back these up the best I can, if people prove me wrong, I will gladly take back my claims and thank them for your knowledge. If any other Baraka players want to elaborate on my matchups, feel free, or to prove me wrong too.

Ermac, Smoke, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Sheeva, Stryker

Ermac- This basically comes down to Baraka having a more dominant pressure game than Ermac, and although Ermac can try to zone Baraka out, once Baraka gets in Ermac does not have many answers for his F4, frame traps, or D4. TKP can be punished by blade charge midscreen, and as long as Baraka doesntgets cornered by Ermac, he has an advantage. Baraka of course dominates Ermac once he gets him in B31 and 221+2 combos into resets.

Smoke- Smoke bomb becomes a non-existent issue due to blade charge. Smoke has a couple of good strings, but most of them can either be blocked or fuzzy guarded. He doesnt have too many mixups. Up close Baraka owns smoke with his F4 into frametraps. Any whiffed teleports, blocked teleports, smoke towards can be punished by blade spin. Once in the corner smoke has a hard time getting out. Mainly this comes down to Baraka making many of Smoke's specials/combo starters unsafe and useless.

Shang Tsung- Baraka can get in close with EX blade charge, and once he gets in his pressure game outshines shang in my opinion. Shang's low starter can be fuzzy guarded. Baraka's 221+2 can pressure Shang and spell trouble for him. Most of his strings on block can be punished by F4 into frametraps. Once in the corner Shang has a hard time with the B31/221+2 combos into the reset, so if Baraka guesses right it gives him a huge advantage. Shang does win the fullscreen game, however eventually Baraka will gain enough meter, and once he is in close it is very hard for shang to get him off. Soul steal does not become an issue unless the player knows Baraka, however it can keep Baraka at a distance.

Sindel- Basically once Baraka gets in close she has no chance. She has no mixups, no armor moves. Once he goes into his frametraps there is nothing she can do about it, and once he gets her in the corner it is very hard for her to get out. her scream is easily punished by blade charge, her fireballs become useless once EX blade charge gets involved. Her only chance is her zoning, which Baraka just has to dash block/take a few hits and get meter to completely bring her zoning to a halt.

Sheeva- Baraka can out low poke her, if she tries to d3 Baraka can D4 and he has a much longer range. She has EX command grab which is what Baraka has to watch out for. However many of her strings are slow, allowing opportunities to F4 into frametraps and until she gets enough meter for EX command grab she is stuck in Raka's pressure game. Her low combo starter can be low blocked without fear of an overhead. Her fireballs are too slow to keep Baraka completely out. Basically her speed hurts her in this matchup, giving Baraka and advantage.

Stryker- Many of his specials can be punished by blade charge or EX blade charge. D4 has a longer range than Stryker's D3, so Stryker can't outpoke him. Many of Strykers combo starters are very slow and easy to punish with blade spin, blade charge, or F4 into frametraps. his gun cancels can be stuffed with blade charge. His EX ball roll can possibly get Baraka's pressure off of Stryker, but that isn't enough to make up for Stryker's slow combo starters and Baraka's frame traps and corner pressure.

Well that's all I have at the moment. These may not be his only good matchups, but some I am unsure of and would like to research further.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Sindel- Basically once Baraka gets in close she has no chance. She has no mixups, no armor moves. Once he goes into his frametraps there is nothing she can do about it, and once he gets her in the corner it is very hard for her to get out. her scream is easily punished by blade charge, her fireballs become useless once EX blade charge gets involved. Her only chance is her zoning, which Baraka just has to dash block/take a few hits and get meter to completely bring her zoning to a halt.

this is totally not a baraka sided Match up it more in sindel favor maybe even. Its like the nightwolf match up. Both baraka and nightwolf don't have the annoying frame traps Johnny cage does vs her. She can escape them with ease by guessing right. And the flight double air fireball and ifafb keeps him in check and at full distance, keep dashing and I'll do either enhanced low fireball, step up or 44 mix ups.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker

There's a community tier list for what? I don't even know what you're talking about. All I did was ask a question about the changes.

Why are you (and others) trying to portray us as "elite" and "egotistical"?
It may relate to the repetitive belittlement of some competitive scenes and/or the reoccurring "prove it at a major tournament" response to some people's opinions.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
this is totally not a baraka sided Match up it more in sindel favor maybe even. Its like the nightwolf match up. Both baraka and nightwolf don't have the annoying frame traps Johnny cage does vs her. She can escape them with ease by guessing right. And the flight double air fireball and ifafb keeps him in check and at full distance, keep dashing and I'll do either enhanced low fireball, step up or 44 mix ups.

But if the Baraka player uses EX blade charge, then even if Sindel can escape she is still close to the corner. And a blocked step up is punished by blade charge, and 4,4 as well. I realize she keeps him in check at long range, but even if you hit him with EX low fireball that just gives him meter for EX blade charge. And what is Sindel going to do once Baraka is in the corner and do an U3 which is +10 on block? even if she does try to jump away she can be hit, and that goes into reset combos and major pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.