What's new

The MKXL Bug/Glitch/Issue/Stability Reporting Thread

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Then perhaps you're still in block stun while inputting some of these strings? B1, 4 will come out as a sweep or a possible DB4 if going from crouch guard straight to back in block stun. Otherwise... Hmmm, awkward.

Is something up with WB servers or something, I can't link my MKX Mobile account with either the PS4 or XB1 versions of MKX.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Normally when I start the game it auto logins, but as of yesterday, it doesn't any more.

Now it's not even linking together.

It says "Account link failed".

Anyone know how to correct this?

:(

NOt linking your account resets your ranking.

I went from #10 on PC ranked to nothing. My win/loss reset back to 0.

I am very, very pissed.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
I'm on Xbox One. My DLC costumes and characters disappear at random times. Sometimes Goro will disappear, sometimes Jason, the samurai pack, etc. Even after the latest patch for Tanya (with Klassic Reptile). Ever since launch, when I start up my console, I'll notice that all the DLC is trying to reinstall itself when I check "my games & apps" > manage game > MKX. Why does this happen every time I start the console up?

MKX is the ONLY game that does this. I've got KI and DOA5:LR, and NONE of their content does this. No other game has their DLC tied to them acting this way as MKX, which leads me to believe this has to be a bug that needs to be fixed. It's really annoying to keep signing in and out of my gamertag just to attempt that every content will be there when I sign back in. Worse yet, that doesn't always work. Please fix this asap.

Durango

Enhancer
Anyone else feel like we should start tweeting Netherrealm about the Back-Forward input glitch? When you're trying to do wakeups with characters like Sub-Zero, it feels impossible to get the Slide out sometimes. The last Takeda player told me he was having the exact same issue using the rapid punch attack.

https://twitter.com/NetherRealm

Please share your thoughts and ask if they can patch the Back-Forward inputs. They were much easier in MK9, and I figure if enough join in, they will consider it in the future.

insignis

Noob
I don't know if it is intentional. Cassie Cage hitbox is too smal. She simply ducks with block under most of the mids. Sometimes you can hit her when she inhales.

Will it be changed or is it a norm?

I don't know if it is intentional. Cassie Cage hitbox is too smal. She simply ducks with block under most of the mids. Sometimes you can hit her when she inhales.

Hitboxes in this game are a huge problem. You should check out some of the jbriggs intel, where her bnbs become risky to use due to hitbox wiffing on certain characters in certain breathing animation cycles. You get treated to a full combo punish for perfect execution.

I've heard this was an issue with previous NRS games and was never fixed, so who knows?

insignis

Noob
Hitboxes in this game are a huge problem. You should check out some of the jbriggs intel, where here bnbs become risky to use at the risk of using meter only to get punished for perfect execution.

I've heard this was an issue with previous NRS games and was never fixed, so who knows?
In Injustice Zod was able to duck under overhead but it was fixed.

I'm surprised there are no posts about Cassie. Am I alone think it's dumb?

In Injustice Zod was able to duck under overhead but it was fixed.

I'm surprised there are no posts about Cassie. Am I alone think it's dumb?
Personally I feel like there are two options:

1) Normalize hitboxes so that combos are universal. This is what I expect from fighting games in general

2) Make everyone have different hitbox sizes and sell it as an advantage to add another layer into character select. Of course, this feels sloppy.

aj1701

Noob

She needs it.

As for bugs, I've had SZ clone freeze me as the third hit of my xray hit the clone.

Lokheit

Noob
(Not sure if a thread about a bug should be in the general discussion section but didn't find a better place, if I should adress a developer or something please tell me as I don't know any dev username).

Doing damage scale research on different characters, I've observed that there are at least 2 special moves that aren't scaling their damage AT ALL. Note that there may be more like them as I didn't research every character and variation, but I found these 2:

- Warlock Quan Chi Portal Grab.
- Vicious Ferra/Torr Boss Toss.

I've observed that in both moves, the first hit will scale, but all the following hits will deal their original damage rather than their combo-scalated one.

The reason why I think this is a bug/oversight instead of something intended is because both moves work in a similar way (so I think this is a bug applied to moves working on this way):

- Both moves are ranged attacks that form a multi-hit sequence (instead of multiple projectiles hitting separately) where the hits inside of the sequence won't scale the damage of the next hit.

- This is similar to some melee moves like Cryomancer Sub-Zero's Cold Blooded (stabby stabby move) or Erron Black's Sand Trap (guns to the face move), those moves are multi-hits where the damage is scaled equally for each hit but the hits inside the chain won't scale each other down (if the first hit deals 75% of the original damage, all hits on that chain will deal 75% of their original damage too).

- I think the mentioned moves are supposed to work like those melee moves, but for some reason after the first hit, instead of "keeping the damage penalty" from the first hit, they're completly removing it increasing their final combo damage (specially evident on Vicious Ferra/Torr).

It's not like I'm asking for nerfs, Warlock Quan Chi is in my main rotation of characters, but the game designer on me has to be honest and report it as I'm 99% sure those moves (and maybe others that follow the same behaviour) aren't supposed to reset the damage scaling (Portal Grab ends up dealing more damage than the single hit EX version because of that for example).

Sorry in advance if this has already been adressed but I searched the forums and didn't find it.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
I found this today, while doing training mode

basically everytime I throw him using sub-zero, his skirt stuck for awhile, this only happen with quan secondary costume.
I don't know if this is just a pc problem though

After having my command grabs whiff in odd situations many times in matches, I went into the lab to figure out what was going on and found that returning to neutral (standing and not blocking) seems to give you at least a frame of grab invulnerability. Furthermore, the number of active frames of the grab seem irrelevant; as long as the grab "connects" on the grab invulnerable frame(s), the grab loses it's active hitbox and whiffs. I recorded a video showing characters avoiding grabs by standing and releasing block or returning to a neutral stance from walking and crouching. The recordings didn't pick up sound, so the video is silent... whoops.

This is the PC version.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's been posted yet or not, but this bug is only (imposter) Shinnok vs (outlaw) Erron Black.

I played an Imposter Shinnok and he was able to steal the Marksman/Gunslinger AA that Outlaw variation doesn't have. Not sure if this is cast-wide or not, just thought I'd share.

I don't know if it's been posted yet or not, but this bug is only (imposter) Shinnok vs (outlaw) Erron Black.

I played an Imposter Shinnok and he was able to steal the Marksman/Gunslinger AA that Outlaw variation doesn't have. Not sure if this is cast-wide or not, just thought I'd share.
Shinnok's movesteals aren't variation-specific. It's not a bug.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
I found this today, while doing training mode

basically everytime I throw him using sub-zero, his skirt stuck for awhile, this only happen with quan secondary costume.
I don't know if this is just a pc problem though

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
so I click online and I get the message connecting to online. ever since the Tanya update this is been taking almost three minutes to get in is anyone else having these problems if so how do I fix this if there's a way. I'm about to try to reinstall the game

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
so I click online and I get the message connecting to online. ever since the Tanya update this is been taking almost three minutes to get in is anyone else having these problems if so how do I fix this if there's a way. I'm about to try to reinstall the game
What system? I havent had this problem on ps4 nor pc