What's new

The MKXL Bug/Glitch/Issue/Stability Reporting Thread

Lost my entire Ranked record today.. I don't know what happened; it didn't affect the entire online profile, as the stuff from Player Match, etc. is still intact. But I've now gone from having over 800 wins and roughly 50 losses in ranked to having 12 matches played total.

Incredibly salty right now. Paulo pls :confused:

this happened to me twice, my ranked record got reseted to 0/0
I was 300+ / 8 and the second time 475 / 17 or so and my ranking on the ranked leaderboards got reseted twice now I am on my third time grinding some ranked games damn lol
kinda annoying
all my other records on the KOTH team etc are still there on the leaderboards

SGX

Noob
Assuming this is a bug, and hoping it is, because it's very annoying:

After you input a string and cancel into a special, if you input any directions before the special actually comes out, it doesn't.

I first noticed this doing scorpion fireball run cancel. (2,1,4 d,b+1, f,f)

nodq

wicked
The same happened to me four days ago, and I was #6 on the leaderboard. I have no idea who the hell I should contact regarding this issue, so basically I had to "hold dat".
I've made my way up to #15, and if this sort of thing happens again I'll completely stop playing ranked. =/
Do people really care that much about meaningless "ranked" boards? I tell you something, every game i win, i leave just a milisecond after i have won. I press start and quit. Why? because i play on PC and i have to wait like 5+ minutes to get an opponent. And this stupid endsequence after every match takes so effing long... I also quit when opponent wins, i press start and quit before even "finish him" shows up. Why? Because i don' want to wait more than i do play. 5+ minutes for every round waiting, and at least 60% of all rounds are horrible laggy as shit and unplayable also. So why should i care about a stupid leader board that means nothing at all? I wanna play, and i dont wanna waste time, i got no 10+ hours a day to play a game like so many other people seem to have. So mayn guys seem to care more about their win/loss ratio and ranks than anything else, having fun seems to be less important or whatever.

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
My player match 1v1 stats just got wiped to 0/0. In the "Overview" panel it still says I've got the 400 wins online but the 1v1 part has been reset so it looks pretty ridiculous. I was ranked in the top 10 for player matches so I'm pretty annoyed here. My survival and king of the hill stats are still there strangely.

Anybody else had this?

Zebster

How's my volume?
Assuming this is a bug, and hoping it is, because it's very annoying:

After you input a string and cancel into a special, if you input any directions before the special actually comes out, it doesn't.

I first noticed this doing scorpion fireball run cancel. (2,1,4 d,b+1, f,f)
Sounds familiar, isn't that the basis for the option select bug?

SGX

Noob
Sounds familiar, isn't that the basis for the option select bug?
Possibly related, but maybe not entirely the cause? Though, if they fixed that, that may also remove the option selects. I'd be willing to make that trade.

Another strange input bug when trying to link 2,1 off of flame aura:

plinking 2~1~2~1, d,b+3 will give me.....2,1 EX Fireball. Yup.

I have release check off, btw. Input shortcuts on/off gives same results.

Last edited:

Mr.UPC

Noob
on pc, the lastest jason patch does not allow you to play with more than 8 cores... disabling Hyper threading "solved" issue

My profile level is 60 and it seems my exp gain has stopped when doing online play. I still get exp when i do ladders and single player thngs. Is this a bug, and is there a fix? (this is on pc)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Two glitches happened to me. One with the latest patch update, apparently erased my ranked record which wasn't much I hate ranked usually. But think my record was like 20-7 or something. And secondly, something weird happened...I got a message randomly on my menu screen saying "my mobile faction changed to brotherhood, would you like to switch this version to such switching will erase your current faction stats however"?

WTF? I don't have the mobile version yet....

Durango

Enhancer
Platform: PC
Mode: any
Summary: inconsistent behaviour of inputs involving back-forward motion. "Right" always overrides "left" and prevents the latter from being registered if the former is being held.
Severity: can be adapted to but annoying AF.

Controller: keyboard
Settings: release check off, alternate controls off, shortcuts on. W,A,S,D for up, left, down, right respectively.

Something I noticed during online game and reproduced everything in training mode later.
When you are inputting moves that involve back, forward motions (including command throws down, back, forward), they will register regardless of buttons being released during input as long as they are pressed in correct order if "left" is input before "right" (back, forward and down, back, forward for character facing right aka P1 position). Same goes to down, forward, back input of Commando Kano when he is facing left (P2 position).
However, when inputting right, left you must release "right" button before pressing attack button (timing of following "left" button's release is irrelevant) or it will be read as "back+button" instead of "back, forward+button" or "down, back, forward+button" (depending on move in question).
Release of "down" button is irrelevant.
Commando Kano on right side will need to time release of "right" button of dbf move and of dfb move when he's on the left side.
It makes it harder for player on P2 side to perform bf and dbf moves.

Training mode shows that "left" never registers if "right" is still being held, but "right" will override "left" if pressed after "left".

Other programs (tested in: MKKE and Microsoft Notepad) show that the latest button pressed overrides former so it's not hardware issue.
Also tested it at friend's place (entirely different PC, Steam account and pretty much everything else) and it happens for him as well.

What needs fixing: "right" button overriding "left" button regardless of order of being pressed.
Must be: button that was pressed first will be overridden by the opposite button pressed afterwards.

P.S. Probably this is why we see quite a bit of complaints of people failing to input "back, forward" consistently.
This also happens on PS3. Can you Tweet this to @Netherrealm? I'll be more than happy to echo the notion.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
This also happens on PS3. Can you Tweet this to @Netherrealm? I'll be more than happy to echo the notion.
I didn't know versions for PS3 and 360 are already out.
I'll tweet that if that's how I should go about reporting this stuff. Gotta create an account just to do that though :p

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Just had this one happen to me PS4, was in a KOTH and my buttons were still tied to the lobby. So circle kept trying to kick me out of the lobby, jumping and ducking kept moving the cursor up and down the menu, etc. Character was still moving, like the buttons did what they would in the match and in the lobby

PC: random crash on nvidia gtx 970 only online,not showing how many profile and faction exp gained after online fight? Someone else have same expirience as me?

catdurid

Noob
So I had all of my unlocked characters skins disappear. Still had my progress, just the skins missing.

This is on PC version. Went into steam, and verified integrity of game cache. It fixed the problem.

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
Tried to do an online training session post patch the other day. The host switched to control player 2, and he was basically me. Whenever he talked, the speaker icon showed up above his name, and he got my settings and everything, even after we went to character select. Took him 10 minutes to figure out that I had my settings changed to "Hold start to pause." Not really that big of a deal, but it was pretty annoying. Ps4 btw.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
PS4
Practice-
Versus-
online, KOTH, PVP, ranked PVP

sometimes when im inputing combos that end with 2 or 1 and i use a special that uses 3 or 4, the game inputs the last 1 or 2 button presses with my special slide..

example: KJ (B+14 into DB3 sometimes registers it as DB4 instead of the bow swing like i inputed... this happends on all characters that i play.

Kung lao, Kung Jin, Mileena, Kitana, Sub Zero, Reptile, Erron Black, Ermac, Sonya, Jax, Jason

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
@EazySleazyGames This isn't an in game bug, it's just MKX online and only affects 80+ percent of people playing, lol. With shortcuts on, 1+2 will activate interactables. And you can do 1,2 strings in front of them all day offline, but in online... 1,2 strings will often activate 1+2 due to latency of random inputs. Have went back to the match history and seen perfect inputs of 2,1,3 and similar resulting in interactable activation [Have that turned off now]. F1,3 with EB resulting in grabs, B1,4, DB2, 4 with Sonya skipping military stance and going straight into B1,4,DB4. Have looked at all these inputs done correctly in the match history, But in MKX online... The game disregards your muscle memory/execution and it becomes Test Your Luck. This happens even more so when your opponent is also pressing buttons, lol. I've had picking my character in the select screen fail due to picking a character with my opponent simultaneously.

They are fully aware of this online connectivity issue, but cannot sell you a fix, and are hard at work marketing the upcoming DLC so... Enjoy training mode or the 5% of random matches when this does not occur.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@EazySleazyGames This isn't an in game bug, it's just MKX online and only affects 80+ percent of people playing, lol. With shortcuts on, 1+2 will activate interactables. And you can do 1,2 strings in front of them all day offline, but in online... 1,2 strings will often activate 1+2 due to latency of random inputs. Have went back to the match history and seen perfect inputs of 2,1,3 and similar resulting in interactable activation [Have that turned off now]. F1,3 with EB resulting in grabs, B1,4, DB2, 4 with Sonya skipping military stance and going straight into B1,4,DB4. Have looked at all these inputs done correctly in the match history, But in MKX online... The game disregards your muscle memory/execution and it becomes Test Your Luck. This happens even more so when your opponent is also pressing buttons, lol. I've had picking my character in the select screen fail due to picking a character with my opponent simultaneously.

They are fully aware of this online connectivity issue, but cannot sell you a fix, and are hard at work marketing the upcoming DLC so... Enjoy training mode or the 5% of random matches when this does not occur.
good stuff to know but mostly i was referring to offline as well