What's new

The MKX at Combo Breaker 2015 Hype and Updates Thread

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Shout outs to Kitana Prime for sticking with Kitana and Pig for sticking with Kenshi! SonicFox has some hilarious accessories lol. Dizzy is looking great (it's strange watching him play Raiden and not Cage)! Fun tournament so far! :)

delbuster

hungry
it's not about the block infinite, it's about having a 6f mid that either goes into a -3 string to reset pressure or a -8 string that catches mash and gets a combo.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.

Mortal Kombat X — Top 32

Winners bracket:
- CR|SonicFox (Erron Black - Outlaw, Ermac - Master of Souls) vs. GGA|Dizzy (Raiden - Thunder God)
- STL|Khaotic Raptor (Takeda - Shirai Ryu) vs. YOMI|Trepound (Kitana - Assassin, Cassie Cage - Hollywood | others)
- YOMI|Slayer (Kung Jin - Bojutsu) vs. YOMI|Glass Sword (Sonya - Covert Ops)
- MK|REO vs. YOMI|MIT (Raiden - Thunder God)

Losers bracket:
- YOMI|Smarrgasm (Raiden - Thunder God, Sub-Zero - Grandmaster) vs. Pnut (Kotal Kahn - War God)
- YOMI|Michaelangelo vs. GGA|Wafflez (Jax - Heavy Weapons)
- KIT|Forever King Jr. (Johnny Cage - A-List, Scorpion - Hellfire) vs. GGA|Jeremiah (Cassie Cage - Hollywood)
- CORN|Sethlolol vs. Pig of the Hut (Kenshi - Balanced, Mileena - Piercing)

@CrimsonShadow

Poor Pig of The Hut having to watch his Kenshi get jailed in the corner by MIT's Raidens seemingly uninterruptable 2,2 string (not sure what the string is); this sent my man straight to the losers bracket; this, after having wasted a set by picking Mileena before ended up with Kenshi (who convincingly took a match off of MIT's Raiden after the fact)

THEN THE FUNNIEST SHIT OUT OF NOWHERE HAPPENED, Some dude named OG BOOTY WARRIOR (yep this was a real player) was up against I believe it was KIT ForeverKing (don't quote me on that) but man was this shit hilarious.

When OG BOOTY WARRIOR was up, both the commentators & the twitch chat when absolute APESHIT. God Speed & Tom Brady were struggling to keep their composure on his name while commentating the match it was absolutely ridiculous omg I was sippin on somethin at the time & ended up spitting that shit all over my desk because I couldn't stop laughing omfg.

It was awkward & funny to see Arris & UltraDavid commentate on the two SonicFox matches because of how dominant SonicFox was & how seemingly bothered Arris seemed by SonicFox's antics. He had signs, bunny rabbits & pretty much all the cute & random Anime stuff you could ask for; playing a game of Blood & Gore lol.

IDK how but for some reason we saw dudes from all kinds of pools that wasn't supposed to be playing but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. We'll see what day 2 holds I'm excited

#ComboBreaker2015

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Poor Pig of The Hut having to watch his Kenshi get jailed in the corner by MIT's Raidens seemingly uninterruptable 2,2 string (not sure what the string is); this sent my man straight to the losers bracket; this, after having wasted a set by picking Mileena before ended up with Kenshi (who convincingly took a match off of MIT's Raiden after the fact)

THEN THE FUNNIEST SHIT OUT OF NOWHERE HAPPENED, Some dude named OG BOOTY WARRIOR (yep this was a real player) was up against I believe it was KIT ForeverKing (don't quote me on that) but man was this shit hilarious.

When OG BOOTY WARRIOR was up, both the commentators & the twitch chat when absolute APESHIT. God Speed & Tom Brady were struggling to keep their composure on his name while commentating the match it was absolutely ridiculous omg I was sippin on somethin at the time & ended up spitting that shit all over my desk because I couldn't stop laughing omfg.

It was awkward & funny to see Arris & UltraDavid commentate on the two SonicFox matches because of how dominant SonicFox was & how seemingly bothered Arris seemed by SonicFox's antics. He had signs, bunny rabbits & pretty much all the cute & random Anime stuff you could ask for; playing a game of Blood & Gore lol.

IDK how but for some reason we saw dudes from all kinds of pools that wasn't supposed to be playing but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. We'll see what day 2 holds I'm excited

#ComboBreaker2015
I love how back in MK9 noone said poor subz, jc, jade etc players getting destroyed by Kenshis bullshit lol. TYM never change.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Also theres block breakers for a reason.

Ive seem way better Kenshis than Pig online lol.
Does block breaker cost 2 bars? It should honestly cost 1, just push them back like sweep range or so, that's all he'd need to stand a chance. I don't think block breaker is very viable if it's 2 bars, that's a lot to commit. If it sends Raiden fullscreen then maybe it'd be worth for Kenshi otherwise it doesn't seem viable in that scenario to me. Too expensive for too little reward.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
For anyone wondering,

Spooky Twitch today is: MKX Pools, USF4 Pools, TTT2 Top 8, UMVC3 Top 8, SG Top 8, MKX Auction (MKX auction starts at 10 CDT)
VGBootcamp is all Smash
BGCallisto: GG Pools, then SG 16, IGAU Top 4 (at 4 CDT) and then GG 16
GGA is has a couple of retro tournaments on, MVC2 most notably

Damn I love this time of year. So MKX pools starts any minute and will run for 2 hours, at which point you can choose from SF, GG/SG and SSB until having to choose between TTT2 Top 8 and IGAU Top 4 at 4pm CDT (noooooo) and then swing back to Spooky for MKX 32 at 6pm CDT.

Can't wait for this! Hoping to see some great gameplay, drama and salt with less furries in my fighting games.

Started: Sonya CO mirror Viscant v Madeinchicago. I didn't even know Viscant was playing MKX

Last edited:

Albo

Noob
i think raiden is SUPER strong, but i feel pretty salty that no one is doing good tech. lol. maybe more salty that ppl are winning w/o it?

smh...
No offense to MIT, I think he knows he's playing a barebones, unoptimised (although fundamentally strong) raiden, it's not his main clearly, but even on a basic level raidne's so strong it's all he needed to win in certain matchups( kenshi, quan etc). Same with some other raiden players I've seen on stream. Though from what I've seen the greek guys Nivek and Cimmerian have really impressed me as well as Dizzy who has a solid raiden.