What's new

The MKX at Combo Breaker 2015 Hype and Updates Thread

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I don't mind Godspeed honestly, he's pretty okay. I mean I'd take him over Salty Tom commentary, not taking a shot at Tom Brady, but it's well known when he's had a rough match his commentary just isn't as good :/

I like Tom Brady's commentary, but he has a tendency to sound negative and condescending at times. Way too much, "Thats not safe" "Again, no punish", "I dont agree with that". I think its part of the reason people get so hype when they beat him.
That's true, but I like it since I can learn so much shit just from him commentating.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Biggest major yet and i keep missing the stream. Why couldnt they get 1 dedicated stream for this? The biggest turnout and huge prize pot and barely any coverage.

Did shujinkydink win his match? Has tom or king played yet?
So although the coverage was much better/more fair than the last time around (thanks Rick) imo it's up to GGA to step up and do this. Chicago is the home of Mortal Kombat, and GGA is one of the long-standing MK teams.

Although the throwback exhibitions are cool, barring venue/stream station logistics it'd be awesome to see GGA or someone else in Chicago cover the overflow next year from pools that don't make the main stream.

Biggest major yet and i keep missing the stream. Why couldnt they get 1 dedicated stream for this? The biggest turnout and huge prize pot and barely any coverage.

Aside from Smash, which is pretty much completely separate, MKX has the most stream time. I prefer this stream schedule, because it gives every game some time. The only thing you are missing is some of the later pools. It isn't that bad.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The only thing you are missing is some of the later pools. It isn't that bad.
I can understand his point though, given that those are the pools with CD Jr., Tyrant, Tom Brady, Aris, DetroitBallin, etc.

The coverage is definitely fairly distrubited, which is all you can ask for from the main streams. But to have a side solution to catch the MK overflow would achieve the best of both worlds.

I can understand his point though, given that those are the pools with CD Jr., Tyrant, Tom Brady, Aris, DetroitBallin, etc.

The coverage is definitely fairly distrubited, which is all you can ask for from the main streams. But to have a solution to catch the MK overflow would achieve the best of both worlds.
I can agree with that. The old school tournaments probably could've had their stream time cut in half for the rest of MKX and USF4 pools.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
whoever like this doesnt know anything about raiden

chip is the least of what this blatantly overpowered character has
Well it's not just the chip. You take out his pressure and his damage as well.

With those 3 areas being hit, he doesn't become as scary as he is right now.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well it's not just the chip. You take out his pressure and his damage as well.

With those 3 areas being hit, he doesn't become as scary as he is right now.
His damage stays fine, raiden will not attack you in the beginning of the aura

parry is risky as fuck.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

Saltface was winners side, Dink made it out in Losers side of his pool to qualify for top 32. Looks like he will play JWong first match of his top 32 experience. http://combobreaker.challonge.com/2015_mkx_final

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Atk was in Justin and Alucards pool(G3), is it safe to assume he's out since we didn't see him on stream?

Godspeed may not be the hypest, but he is far from the worst on commentary. He just needs to be paired with the right person, really.

whoever like this doesnt know anything about raiden

chip is the least of what this blatantly overpowered character has
I liked it because it was funny. Must you be so uptight all the time?