What's new

The MKX at Combo Breaker 2015 Hype and Updates Thread

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Such a poorly ran tournament, what a joke. DDoS protection isn't hard. Pick a better venue and hire a network administrator if the hotel won't let you set up basic firewall protection on their network. This is on the people running the tournament, not the people who were able to do it.
Yeah, because this is the first thing that comes to mind when running a tournament.

cyke_out

Noob
Such a poorly ran tournament, what a joke. DDoS protection isn't hard. Pick a better venue and hire a network administrator if the hotel won't let you set up basic firewall protection on their network. This is on the people running the tournament, not the people who were able to do it.
I guess I'm gonna start kicking down my neighbors front door and take all thier shit since it's their fault they have a shitty door.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If anything this just means that TOs will have to be prepared for DDOS attacks in the near future.

Unfortunately I highly doubt we will see the top 8 now, this guy doesn't seem like he is going to quit.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
To be fair when it comes to streams, how often do fighting game tournament streams get DDoSed? Let's be realistic here, there are always going to be unexpected things and you just have to accept it.

Also, the TOs have enough on their hands trying to make sure all events run smoothly for those who actually attended the event and participated. I understand you all can't watch it live, but these matches are getting uploaded anyway.

JLG

Noob
if you are going to hack something, why this? All you are doing is pissing off a bunch of gamers.
I... kind of think that's the point. On a slightly related note, all those guys who disrespected the KI fans during their Top 8 and bitched to bgcallisto about his stream can go play in traffic.

This dude could get a kick out of it and plague any fighting tournament he pleases while bathing in the tears of the salty....... This a learning experience, hopefully this never happens again.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
To be fair when it comes to streams, how often do fighting game tournament streams get DDoSed? Let's be realistic here, there are always going to be unexpected things and you just have to accept it.

Also, the TOs have enough on their hands trying to make sure all events run smoothly for those who actually attended the event and participated. I understand you all can't watch it live, but these matches are getting uploaded anyway.
Yeah that's kind of a really entitled complaint. Nobody has to stream anything, their first second and third responsibilities should be running the tournament for the people who paid and traveled to be there