What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Jolt

Uprise
Dudes, help me out here. Tell me is it normal that in Piercing I can't connect B22 in this following string -->(starter), ball roll, B12, BF1, RC, B22, etc. In Piercing I cant hit it, but in Ethereal I can do it with no problems. Is it normal?
Piercing's b2 is slower, so yeah it should be normal. Not sure about that specific combo, but I'm not at all surprised due to the difference in b2 startup frames

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Dudes, help me out here. Tell me is it normal that in Piercing I can't connect B22 in this following string -->(starter), ball roll, B12, BF1, RC, B22, etc. In Piercing I cant hit it, but in Ethereal I can do it with no problems. Is it normal?
Can you post a video? Never seen anyone combo off of a sai yet ... sounds dope.

Jolt

Uprise
I like the new Mileena. Her B12 staggers are still good but nobody should complain about it now and she has better zoning and better pokes <3
I think we all would have preferred neutral on block (Ronin style), but -1 isn't going to get anybody killed. I'm excited for the adjustments to all 3 variations. I still would have liked low sai to remain more than +2, but with the buffed pokes, I get it.

Jolt

Uprise
Ethereal has gotten nothing but better.

Her meter build is still great, and the ia sais are soooo good.
Even ground sais are excellent. The 6f d1, f4 being able to stagger (-8 if I remember correctly), I'm nothing but happy for what Ethereal got and I won't even whine about not getting a few frames off either side of regular fade.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Even ground sais are excellent. The 6f d1, f4 being able to stagger (-8 if I remember correctly), I'm nothing but happy for what Ethereal got and I won't even whine about not getting a few frames off either side of regular fade.
Wait is her f4 -8 now?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I wonder what people's excuses will be now that Mileena's 'braindead' b12 pressure got adjusted. Because Ethereal apparently just disappeared from the game. Seriously, this is like getting conned out of $10 on payday.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think the active frames nerf was a smart change. Instead of making B1 slower, a high or B12 -5 again. It is very easy for every character to get out now so her B12 aren't as good but B1 is still a great footsie tool and you can still AA with it even tho the timing is different.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Are you guys talking about f4? Or f44? Cause I tested it before work and I was punishing f44 with Kenshis 7 frame d1.

F44 was listed at being -9 when I checked this morning.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I think the active frames nerf was a smart change. Instead of making B1 slower, a high or B12 -5 again. It is very easy for every character to get out now so her B12 aren't as good but B1 is still a great footsie tool and you can still AA with it even tho the timing is different.
Does B1 xx Roll still armour break 11f or higher wakeups? Might be harder to do with the lower active frames

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Are you guys talking about f4? Or f44? Cause I tested it before work and I was punishing f44 with Kenshis 7 frame d1.

F44 was listed at being -9 when I checked this morning.
A 7 frame d1 still punishes something that's -8

Baconlord

I wonder what people's excuses will be now that Mileena's 'braindead' b12 pressure got adjusted. Because Ethereal apparently just disappeared from the game. Seriously, this is like getting conned out of $10 on payday.
Ethereal is good man what are you talking about.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Does B1 xx Roll still armour break 11f or higher wakeups? Might be harder to do with the lower active frames
I haven't tested it tbh.
How is b1 as an anti air. That was my biggest worry when I heard about the active frames
It's good but you have to time it right, you can't just throw it out and AA because of the long active frames. Also it's easier to whiff punish it now.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Ethereal is good man what are you talking about.
Sorry, I was joking. Looking at how crazy people were getting over Piercing's b12, they made it sound like that was the ONLY piece of dirt Mileena had and completely forgot about Ethereal, which arguably benefited the most from these changes. Now they're gonna realize that maybe b12 wasn't her dirtiest trick.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Sorry, I was joking. Looking at how crazy people were getting over Piercing's b12, they made it sound like that was the ONLY piece of dirt Mileena had and completely forgot about Ethereal, which arguably benefited the most from these changes. Now they're gonna realize that maybe b12 wasn't her dirtiest trick.
I fail to see how b12 was dirty. It was a legitimate footsie tool and they neutered it. Heaven forbid players try to play Mileena more tactfully and less yolo. For goodness sake...

Maybe it's because of active frames, but now it's so hard to confirm b12 to roll, which makes this variation useless, since you can only yolo ex roll/low sai after b12. Am I the only one who noticed this or something wrong with me today?

Baconlord

Maybe it's because of active frames, but now it's so hard to confirm b12 to roll, which makes this variation useless, since you can only yolo ex roll/low sai after b12. Am I the only one who noticed this or something wrong with me today?
It was hard to confirm pre patch as well.