What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

leoj89

Noob
the beta feels overwhelmingly smooth. A lot more new players than I expected which is not a good thing for me cause I tend to fall back into my bad habits.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
The new online is amazing and once the release is official there will be more high level opponents, clan warfare, tournaments, etc. Though, on Xbox, the competition has been pretty good. Not quite GGA or Battle Circuit level, but close.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
How real is Scorpion's crossover punch? I'm not sure if it was online (on the beta) that was the reason this Hellfire could just lock me up or was it real. So frustrating.

Last edited:

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Practicing against it now and it was probably online causing it. It was feeling Sub's crossover punch for about 20 minutes haha

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I pretty new to mileena but I enjoy her so far. Call me bandwagon, whatever but I actually been playing her about a week before EO Beta. Anyways, just trying to understand how she works better. Don't really know what I should be doing in neutral. I find myself throwing sais excessively, walking backwards waiting for roll opportunities but I want to be more in control of the pace of the match. Not only full screen. I also don't like throwing out random strings wishing for a hit. Should I be conditioning for counterhit ex rolls? Should I be cancelling more into high pounce? When do I use divekick/ex divekick? When do I use low pounce, how do I condition for it? Sais and rolls not enough lol

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I pretty new to mileena but I enjoy her so far. Call me bandwagon, whatever but I actually been playing her about a week before EO Beta. Anyways, just trying to understand how she works better. Don't really know what I should be doing in neutral. I find myself throwing sais excessively, walking backwards waiting for roll opportunities but I want to be more in control of the pace of the match. Not only full screen. I also don't like throwing out random strings wishing for a hit. Should I be conditioning for counterhit ex rolls? Should I be cancelling more into high pounce? When do I use divekick/ex divekick? When do I use low pounce, how do I condition for it? Sais and rolls not enough lol
Use pounce at the end of blockstrings you can't hit confirm such as 21,f12b4, and f4. In terms of her neutral sais are a big part of it. Use sais and instant air sais to get your opponent to jump. Roll, d2, s2, and d3 are all great anti airs. If your in ravenous f2, b2, and d4 are your main buttons. On offense 123 and f12b4 are great stager strings. Condition your opponents with 21u4 and f12b4 so you can set up ex roll 50/50s. In the new patch she has less tick throws for pounce so using it as a meaty is probably your best option however we still need to explore it post patch.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Bacon already explained everything else but about the use of telekick...
You only have to use it if you don't have the life lead and against characters that you can use it on reaction against (i.e Sub-Zero, Jax) and I usually only use the MB one when I am at a massive disadvantage in life or when I'm 100% sure it will hit like against Sub and Jax. Also I hitconfirm F12B4/123 into EX telekick instead of roll for damage when I need to get more damage off my oponent.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
All the variations I play have gotten significant buffs.

Feels good.

Still loving Ravenous, now even more. Better pounces, didn't really expect that but it's fucking awesome nonetheless.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Forgive me for I am not knowledgeable. Exactly how long were the second and third hits in EX Ball roll overhead?
As it stands it is Mid->Overhead->Overhead->Mid

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Dudes, help me out here. Tell me is it normal that in Piercing I can't connect B22 in this following string -->(starter), ball roll, B12, BF1, RC, B22, etc. In Piercing I cant hit it, but in Ethereal I can do it with no problems. Is it normal?