What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Jolt

Uprise
Hmmm. I noticed the frame data is wrong in game. Does she have any strings that put her plus on block to follow up with a d1 or something?
Here ya go:

Super Awesome Ethereal Guide said:
*Please note these were all self tested. There could be a variance of 1 frame.

123~Ex Fade = +7 on block
21~Ex Fade = +4 on block
B22~Ex Fade = +4 on block
F24~Ex Fade = +7 on block
F12B4~Ex Fade = - on block. Do not use this and expect to continue pressure unless the opponent presses buttons.
Taken from here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/takeachances-all-in-one-ethereal-guide-updated-with-yomi-saltfaces-summer-jam-matches-9-2-2015.54839/

There are a few others that leave you at advantage, but I don't have my notes right now

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Piercing Mileenas online give us the "cheap online character" moniker. I have yet to play one that plays with any thought that maybe that bs won't work in a real tournament. Then again I have to remember 99% of them won't ever play in a tournament so they don't care. Never thought I'd say stuff like that about other Mileena players but now I'm seeing what people complain about.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Piercing Mileenas online give us the "cheap online character" moniker. I have yet to play one that plays with any thought that maybe that bs won't work in a real tournament. Then again I have to remember 99% of them won't ever play in a tournament so they don't care. Never thought I'd say stuff like that about other Mileena players but now I'm seeing what people complain about.
Do you have a example? People rage over her roll like no ones business. A lot of players online love to poke and try to attack when I've blocked or poke 2-3 Times and do a string like a robot. If I notice a pattern there I'm going to let the roll rip. I've been accused of online crap, but if you're negative and push buttons....lol.

JerzeyReign

Do you have a example? People rage over her roll like no ones business. A lot of players online love to poke and try to attack when I've blocked or poke 2-3 Times and do a string like a robot. If I notice a pattern there I'm going to let the roll rip. I've been accused of online crap, but if you're negative and push buttons....lol.
They seem to lag a tad bit more so things like the ball roll is harder to react to than normal. Blocked tk and ball roll gets away from a d2 on a few occasions. Maybe its just the last few Mileenas I've faced, all piercing, have had bad connections. It may just be that since I main her I know what should work and what shouldn't. Maybe they catch me offguard. Gonna go find my last match if its still up and see if thats the case.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
It's unfortunately true. I've only played one good Mileena online who had some good thinking and play.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
They seem to lag a tad bit more so things like the ball roll is harder to react to than normal. Blocked tk and ball roll gets away from a d2 on a few occasions. Maybe its just the last few Mileenas I've faced, all piercing, have had bad connections. It may just be that since I main her I know what should work and what shouldn't. Maybe they catch me offguard. Gonna go find my last match if its still up and see if thats the case.
Ahhh I see. Have you ever played a Ermac online that does 2 d3's in a row and attempts a string without ever adapting? That's the type of player I'm referring to. Online or not, you can't do that lol. The only times I throw out rolls us for a anti air and to punish people like the random Ermac player

JerzeyReign

Ahhh I see. Have you ever played a Ermac online that does 2 d3's in a row and attempts a string without ever adapting? That's the type of player I'm referring to. Online or not, you can't do that lol. The only times I throw out rolls us for a anti air and to punish people like the random Ermac player
I hate online Ermacs with a passion. I just beat my first one last night haha.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
M
It's unfortunately true. I've only played one good Mileena online who had some good thinking and play.

Maybe they do crazy stuff because you don't expect it? I'll do whatever until someone proves they know the match up, but I typically throw sighs 3/4 of the screen away and let people hang themself lol.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Maybe they do crazy stuff because you don't expect it? I'll do whatever until someone proves they know the match up, but I typically throw sighs 3/4 of the screen away and let people hang themself lol.
Possibly, I'm just kind of used to it now but essentially do what you do and just wait for them to hang themselves

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hmmm. I noticed the frame data is wrong in game. Does she have any strings that put her plus on block to follow up with a d1 or something?
The ones listed and...
F14~EX fade = +16
F3~EX fade = +21
F34~EX fade = +18
21~EX fade = +3
4U3~EX fade = +5 (not sure about this one, but it's slightly +)

Reactions: GQJ

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
The ones listed and...
F14~EX fade = +16
F3~EX fade = +21
F34~EX fade = +18
21~EX fade = +3
4U3~EX fade = +5 (not sure about this one, but it's slightly +)
Guess I know why more people are playing Ethereal. If you were to do f3 EX fade on block what can you follow up with? I'm at work and can't test lol.

Jolt

Uprise
Guess I know why more people are playing Ethereal. If you were to do f3 EX fade on block what can you follow up with? I'm at work and can't test lol.
Anything through b4 (Sweep) without even a chance for interruption if you're frame perfect.

The only thing is, pressure like this for Mileena is unsustainable because she has to constantly spend a bar to remain positive. It helps, but if you are facing someone who will sit there patiently through your plus frames it's basically a bar wasted. That said, ethereal is still the love of my life

Also, @EMPEROR_SunFire did you by chance test these on Cassie's flip kick? If so, I THINK you may have forgot to subtract 6 frames for the flipkick's animation in your calculations.

My notes have f14 as +10 and f3 as about +14. If we were legitimately +21, anything below 21 frames should JAIL, right?

Oddly enough, I have 4u3 calculated as being MORE + on block than you, but that's the only exception. I have it noted as +10, but other than that all your numbers are about 5-6 higher than my own

EDIT: I should also note, my calculations were done LONG before the 8-31 patch lol so they could just be outdated

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Anything through b4 (Sweep) without even a chance for interruption if you're frame perfect.

The only thing is, pressure like this for Mileena is unsustainable because she has to constantly spend a bar to remain positive. It helps, but if you are facing someone who will sit there patiently through your plus frames it's basically a bar wasted. That said, ethereal is still the love of my life

Also, @EMPEROR_SunFire did you by chance test these on Cassie's flip kick? If so, I THINK you may have forgot to subtract 6 frames for the flipkick's animation in your calculations.

My notes have f14 as +10 and f3 as about +14. If we were legitimately +21, anything below 21 frames should JAIL, right?

Oddly enough, I have 4u3 calculated as being MORE + on block than you, but that's the only exception. I have it noted as +10, but other than that all your numbers are about 5-6 higher than my own

EDIT: I should also note, my calculations were done LONG before the 8-31 patch lol so they could just be outdated
Nope, IIRC... If you do F14~EX fade into F2 it jails even against Cassie, her flip kick doesn't even come out so ya, it's about +15 or +16
And F3~EX fade jails into F1 which is 19F

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. If the variation is even worth picking up because of the meter use.

Jolt

Uprise
Nope, IIRC... If you do F14~EX fade into F2 it jails even against Cassie, her flip kick doesn't even come out so ya, it's about +15 or +16
And F3~EX fade jails into F1 which is 19F
Definitely appreciate the response and I'm not here to argue, but you must be an absolute execution MONSTER lol. I thought I was as close to frame perfect as I could get (after literally DOZENS of tests on each string). But now I see that I can jail glowkick after f3 with 15 frame b1 (SOMETIMES O_O). I'm not at the level to do a perfect f1 yet lol

I'm going to keep grinding away at f14 because at best I can get it to beat Cassie (no trade) haven't even come close to jailing yet.

It's a moot point anyways because the fact is if frame perfect, NOTHING but armor will beat the followups anyway.

Appreciate the info, you rock!

4u3 (on block) is definitely at least +11 though because it will jail with another 4 (just incase anyone needs to update their notes)

EDIT: Nevermind, I can jail with b1 after f3 pretty consistently now lol I must have either been slacking that day or wrote it down wrong thanks again!

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Definitely appreciate the response and I'm not here to argue, but you must be an absolute execution MONSTER lol. I thought I was as close to frame perfect as I could get (after literally DOZENS of tests on each string). But now I see that I can jail glowkick after f3 with 15 frame b1 (SOMETIMES O_O). I'm not at the level to do a perfect f1 yet lol

I'm going to keep grinding away at f14 because at best I can get it to beat Cassie (no trade) haven't even come close to jailing yet.

It's a moot point anyways because the fact is if frame perfect, NOTHING but armor will beat the followups anyway.

Appreciate the info, you rock!

4u3 (on block) is definitely at least +11 though because it will jail with another 4 (just incase anyone needs to update their notes)

EDIT: Nevermind, I can jail with b1 after f3 pretty consistently now lol I must have either been slacking that day or wrote it down wrong thanks again!
Oh no, I'm not really that good at executing frame traps, it took me a lot of tries to make it jail lol, but it just needs to happen once to realize how + it is... Also, F14~EX fade into F2 cannot be armored out if you do it frame perfect, in order for an armor move to come out inbetween pressure there needs to be at least one free frame in your pressure, which is not the case of F14~EX fade (+16) into F2 (15F)

And yeah, I kinda remember now 4U3's frame data now, I barely use it so I forgot about it lol.

Reactions: GQJ

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. If the variation is even worth picking up because of the meter use.
This variation is probably the best and her frame traps are not the reason of it, it's the fact that her EX fade has invincibility frames on start up and recovers instantly so it's amazing to use against pressure and cover gaps on strings, it's also a godlike wake-up, she no longer has to take risk all day on wake-up, she gains another option.

Anyone else noticed 4U3 randomly missing on hit? It happens against Kitana a lot and I've tried it on the other females where it hit more or less every time. This on PC and I preemptively apologise if its already known about.

http://plays.tv/video/55fde58a31a68ef69e Video of said string failing.
Yeah I noticed it when trying to figure out frame traps with it on block in the corner. Seems to work better as a juggle anyway.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
A quick ethereal question

So basically i can do stuff like f+3,4 ex fade towards, f+1,2,b+4 roll and that's guaranteed right?

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
The u3 has a very small hitbox that doesn't really match the pushback that 4 has. At this point the irregularities of move properties in this game no longer surprise me.
All in all 4u3 is decent in Ethereal since it's her most damaging ender there but there's other strings that give better positioning/advantage at the cost of 1-2%.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
So, I spent some time in the lab with Ethereal last night and this morning. Her b2 is just as good if not better than b1 in piercing(range). Her damage output is slightly less than piercing, but she gains a vortex. Coupled with that her EX fade is a great wakeup and creates frame traps. Ethereal is the clear winner.

The only thing I wish the variation had is low sighs.

Crimea

Noob
I wish regular fade was faster or less recovery. Or maybe combos for stamina. Regular fade still feels like beta version