What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
What's up guys. I finally got some free time to write in here & tell you about TFC. While I managed to get another Top 8 for our Empress I will tell you I'm sick of 7th. While yes getting Top 8 is good in all I've lost count on how many times I've gotten there & not delivered.

I won't lie when I fought Tyrant I felt lost in the Jax match-up due to my huge lack of experience in it at high level. Also I feel cursed whenever I play on the Team Spooky stream. In all my years I've never won a single game on that stream & it's kinda been in my head lately.

Well anyways I'm going back to the grind to get Mileena her well deserved major win (goes back to the mountains).
Got links to your matches? I will add them to the guide.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
So I managed to make a quick video showcasing what I was talking about yesterday with following up on air sai after a telekick is blocked. The video below showcases 5 characters and each of them making the sai whiff just by walking forward. I have yet to run it through the whole cast which I will probably do this weekend. Also a couple more things, apologies for the lack video editing polish as made this in a bit of a hurry lol. Secondly this might not be a game changer as telekick xx sai was full combo punishable anyway. However, this is mainly to make this known as maybe there is a bug or hitbox issues with the sai.

@ZeroEffect
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@Baconlord
@Mr. Mileena
@1man3letters
@Johnny San
@MajinBerserker
@JerzeyReign
@MyronJ906
@TakeAChance
@Yoaks
@Ninjaguy446
@Nu-Skoool
@Damaja325
@EMPEROR_SunFire
@Jeffrey Wolf
@Purplerain
@Juxtapose
@All other Mileenas, apologies if I forgot to tag you.

Also shoutouts to my training partner @JTB123 for initially finding this and blowing me up in a set using this.

Last edited:
So I managed to make a quick video showcasing what I was talking about yesterday with following up on air sai after a telekick is blocked. The video below showcases 5 characters and each of them making the sai whiff just by walking forward. I have yet to run it through the whole cast which I will probably do this weekend. Also a couple more things, apologies for the lack video editing polish as made this in a bit of a hurry lol. Secondly this might not be a game changer as telekick xx sai was full combo punishable anyway. However, this is mainly to make this known as maybe there is a bug or hitbox issues with the sai.
Wow. Now that I'm seeing this, I don't think it matters if you sai or not. He probably has time to just step forward through the sai and punish the same.

Yeah, definitely something wrong here. Maybe this deserves it's own thread? The more people see this the better.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

@ZeroEffect
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@Baconlord
@Mr. Mileena
@1man3letters
@Johnny San
@MajinBerserker
@JerzeyReign
@MyronJ906
@TakeAChance
@Yoaks
@Ninjaguy446
@Nu-Skoool
@Damaja325
@EMPEROR_SunFire
@Jeffrey Wolf
@Purplerain
@Juxtapose
@All other Mileenas, apologies if I forgot to tag you.

Also shoutouts to my training partner @JTB123 for initially finding this and blowing me up in a set using this.
ah well, i hate seeing telekicks go unpunished so maybe this will help lol it does seem like a sai hitbox issue rather than bug
to save me testing,
out of interest if you do telekick and they walk forward to make sai whiff but you do no sai, have they wasted enough frames to end up missing the telekick punish?

like you said though, dont think it changes too much, both telekick/telekick~sai full combo punish on block anyways

out of interest if you do telekick and they walk forward to make sai whiff but you do no sai, have they wasted enough frames to end up missing the telekick punish?

like you said though, dont think it changes too much, both telekick/telekick~sai full combo punish on block anyways
Yeah that's what I was wondering too. If you could create a mixup of telekick vs telekick~air sai to prevent this. Air sais whiff in the corner combos sometimes too. So maybe if this gets addressed, the whiffed air sais in other situations might be fixed as well.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
The air sai whiffing actually happened to me a few times yesterday while I was playing. I chalked it up to online bug. Nice to know that it isn't random.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Very interesting. I'm generally always punished on a blocked Telekick, but this does still seem like a bug. Punish, or not, I feel the Air Sai should still be able to hit all chars.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah! I hate unpunished telekicks as well!! It's nothing special tbh, it was already full-combo punisheable!!

And the fact that this is easy af to do means that people can stop bitching about it being hard to punish (this should be easy EVEN online so ya)

Yeah! I hate unpunished telekicks as well!! It's nothing special tbh, it was already full-combo punisheable!!

And the fact that this is easy af to do means that people can stop bitching about it being hard to punish (this should be easy EVEN online so ya)
Yeah, it's more about the hitbox of the sai than anything. They obviously give you the option to mix up with, so I highly doubt this is intentional.

Also.... hoooow can you hate unpunised Telekicks as a Mileena player? You should be banned from using her if you say that.

Jolt

Uprise
It isn't a huge deal since both options are punishable, but I always used the delayed sai to catch people who didn't want to wait a second to punish. It won't be a HUGE fix, but it will be a helpful one. Occasionally, that little bit of wait time is enough to cause someone not to punish at all (because they wait too long).

I say we start up a Mileena bug/inconsistency thread and this will be Exhibit A! I can probably start one up soon. Admittedly, we don't have too many but maybe we can also get f34~EX teleport working on female characters while we're at it :D

Even minor fixes are still helpful fixes IMO

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
When was the last time telekick ever worked against Lao. First he's punishing this on hit and now he's walking through it.

@TheGabStandard have you tried using ex sai after a telekick. You could also do x-ray if you want to blow it up.

When was the last time telekick ever worked against Lao. First he's punishing this on hit and now he's walking through it.

@TheGabStandard have you tried using ex sai after a telekick. You could also do x-ray if you want to blow it up.
I don't think X-Ray will work if they walk forward. It usually whiffs on forward moving opponents.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
That's hilarious because due to a lack of a collision box on Mileenas arm the opponent can walk right up to her, and get behind the projectiles hitbox. Oh NRS, you so silly!

Hmm. You know, all this talk about fixing this and that brings me to another question. Mileena has been given a lot of changes in the patches, but how many ACTUAL buffs has she gotten? The two that stick out are Telekick going from negative on hit to plus, and EX Fade. Though you could argue that EX Fade was a fix since it literaly was the same as meterless Fade pre-patch. Everything else was just fixes.

Probably some speed/recovery increases like her standing 2 and standing 1 (which LOL was a 14f jab).

Jolt

Uprise
Hmm. You know, all this talk about fixing this and that brings me to another question. Mileena has been given a lot of changes in the patches, but how many ACTUAL buffs has she gotten? The two that stick out are Telekick going from negative on hit to plus, and EX Fade. Though you could argue that EX Fade was a fix since it literaly was the same as meterless Fade pre-patch. Everything else was just fixes.

Probably some speed/recovery increases like her standing 2 and standing 1 (which LOL was a 14f jab).
Well from what I recall, even in MK9 she barely got touched. I almost feel like they take Mileena and base the game around her so they're afraid to make any real changes. They give her just a tool to deal with everything and call her done. Jack of all trades, absolutely not even close to master of any

Well from what I recall, even in MK9 she barely got touched. I almost feel like they take Mileena and base the game around her so they're afraid to make any real changes. They give her just a tool to deal with everything and call her done. Jack of all trades, absolutely not even close to master of any
Oh my god... all she needed in that game was armored EX Roll and safe bite special.

Jolt

Uprise
Oh my god... all she needed in that game was armored EX Roll and safe bite special.
She was so good! Yet not broken. Even if she got those two changes she wouldn't have been broken. I would have been happy with just the armor, as nice as safe bite could have been

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
What are the advantages to playing ethereal? Are there frame traps? Higher damaging punishes? I've been playing piercing a lot off and on since day 1, but I want to mix it up.