What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Jolt

Uprise
Yeah I guess.... But at this point I'd rather see a more well-rounded Mileena, and a more well-rounded game overall. As opposed to just one guy doing well with an under-repped character
If all goes at planned, I'll be at Kumite In TN and repping our empress. Unfortunately, I need a TON TON TON more experience and knowledge to do her justice, but that's why I'm trying to work harder and participate. Maybe by then, Saltface won't be the only one actively carrying the torch at majors. This weekend though, Saltface has been playing near flawlessly in doing what he needed to do for the win. So I definitely give him props.

In the sea of Boneshapers, Tanyas, and Predators, Mileena is still going to have her top 8 spot this time around. The character isn't perfect, but Saltface definitely made her work.

I'm curious as to his occasional U3 ender. Anyone know what the exact benefits are? He usually does U3 followed by d3, it seems like it causes the opponent to get up rather quickly, but I feel like it's definitely losing some damage

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I put U3 in the lab as I was watching Saltface. In terms of max oki, U3 and 21u4 are better than Sadistic Ways or the Rav. pounces. U3 does do more damage than 21u4, but it still seemed like 21u4 leaves you closer. It does have 2f more hit advantage than U3. Salt face def has a legit reason for using it, though. Looked like positioning??

If all goes at planned, I'll be at Kumite In TN and repping our empress. Unfortunately, I need a TON TON TON more experience and knowledge to do her justice, but that's why I'm trying to work harder and participate. Maybe by then, Saltface won't be the only one actively carrying the torch at majors. This weekend though, Saltface has been playing near flawlessly in doing what he needed to do for the win. So I definitely give him props.

In the sea of Boneshapers, Tanyas, and Predators, Mileena is still going to have her top 8 spot this time around. The character isn't perfect, but Saltface definitely made her work.
Hopefully you get to go. I plan to enter for NEC 16, even though SC5 would still be my primary game.
Saltface did very well. And he's been consistent. At the same time, I also can't help but feel like there's something his opponents either fear, or don't understand yet. (And it's still less than a year that the game's been out so I can't blame them.).

I dunno, I'm just annoyed about some of the tactics I see being rewarded in this version of the game. Still, I'm gonna have faith in NRS that they can level the playing field at least a bit though.

Jolt

Uprise
I know...I should have went Ravenous. I figured I give the match up a try. The problems I had consisted of Flame Aura being active for so long & Jumping 3. That jump in attack gave me hell because it beats Ball Roll & D2 clean.
No one's faulting you, you put on a hell of a show and like I said before: You played INSANE this weekend. When it comes to players getting in the zone and doing what needs to be done, you did it. No doubt. Your set with Tom Brady was also remarkably hype. Thank you for making our girl look good. Hopefully tomorrow, she will become even better.

That flame aura is nuts and I don't think ethereal was necessarily a BAD choice for the match, but I can see where Ravenous would have helped out. MIT is definitely smart with his defense and that extra mixup would have come in handy.

Once again, GREAT SHOW. You killed it in the team battle and then you killed it in the tournament. Good luck on Killer Instinct!

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I think this could be our next step in the Mileena guide, which variation is best for each opponent. For example, you went with Piercing vs Tom Brady for one of the reasons I do, stop that slide.

All three variations are going to be needed with Mileena. Unlike others who can sit in one variation and body almost entire cast, mastering all of Mileena will be our best approach into laughing at tier lists. Unless, you know, we get the Kitty buff in the patch

Last edited:
I think this could be our next step in the Mileena guide, which variation is best for each opponent. For example, you went with Piercing vs Tom Brady for the one of the reasons I do, stop that slide.
Piercing helps with oki and with raw B2.
All three variations are going to be needed with Mileena. Unlike others who can sit in one variation and body almost entire cast, mastering all of Mileena will be our best approach into laughing at tier lists. Unless, you know, we get the Kitty buff in the patch
And I agree. Mileena's probably one of the better examples for how the variation system was supposed to work.

Jolt

Uprise
I think this could be our next step in the Mileena guide, which variation is best for each opponent. For example, you went with Piercing vs Tom Brady for one of the reasons I do, stop that slide.

I was/am fully planning on doing a Mileena matchup guide once I felt I had proper experience. I've already technically started a VERY little bit, but I haven't gotten notes or feedbacks from anyone that has already started keeping personal MU notes (whether mentally or written). Slowly, but surely as I figure things out and have the time, I'm adding things though. Once I think I have something put together well enough to share, I definitely will

I was/am fully planning on doing a Mileena matchup guide once I felt I had proper experience. I've already technically started a VERY little bit, but I haven't gotten notes or feedbacks from anyone that has already started keeping personal MU notes (whether mentally or written).
well I put the Full-Auto MU down... no one saw it I guess. Don't blame them since hardly anyone uses Jacqui.
She's set to get some buffs though so that could change.

Jolt

Uprise
well I put the Full-Auto MU down... no one saw it I guess. Don't blame them since hardly anyone uses Jacqui.
She's set to get some buffs though so that could change.
My bad, I definitely should not have said "From anyone" because I did see what you posted on Jacqui. It was a failure on my part to communicate that lol. I obviously got some useful tips on the SZ matchup, and got a tip about Cassie's EX nut punch.

I'm not really sweating it right now because as you said, a lot could change tomorrow

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
As always, great stuff @YOMI RM SaltFace. I know it didn't end the way you wanted, but you put on a hell of a show with Ethereal, as well as the variation counter pick against Sub.

For all of us: Learning the timing is tricky, but B3 is becoming a more consistent anti-air for me than roll, at least against closer jump ins, so that could be a potential answer to Scorp's J3.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I'm confused at why we would use u3 over 21u4? It doesnt have good hit advantage at all. How can you break someones armor when f12 is barley coming out?