What's new

The King Of Fighters XIV

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah, I want to pre-order to support it and what not but I will literally be on the other side of the country for the entire month of august without a ps4. So I can't even buy a copy to bring home from there because its PAL and i'm US.

i'm just hoping i can find a collector's edition when I get back so i can get a copy of the soundtrack.
You could preorder through Amazon. Have it sent to your hOuse or a friend's. They'll charge you when it actually ships too. And if you know anyone with prime you can get 20% off until after two weeks after release.

trufenix

bye felicia
You could preorder through Amazon. Have it sent to your hOuse or a friend's. They'll charge you when it actually ships too. And if you know anyone with prime you can get 20% off until after two weeks after release.
I don't trust most of my friends to recieve, not lose, and not play a brand new game I had shipped to them but I actually know someone at work with prime. I may just have him hold it for me.

Thanks, chief.

so many characters I wanna learn, but I might end up with Terry, Joe and Deathstr... eh I mean the best keep away character in this game again as team lol

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone interested in KoF videos. The channel Dandy J I was streaming the demo earlier. And is uploading some tech that he/she finds. Just got an alert to nelson mixups. I'll link it once I figure it out on mobile.

Nelson got the Ibuki left right game. @SaltShaker be prepared.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
My boy nelson looking nasty! @shaowebb if I'm understanding teams correctly. Nelson is a good point character since he's two specials are just a dashing/ducking move and a command grab and all his mixups come from his big list of command normals and followups right?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I just preorder KoF 14 but I've never played any SNK games b4. I've only played MKX, a tiny bit of usf4/sfv with limited success and SSBB to an extent. Can someone give me some advice for someone who is starting out and new to the series?

Creepy00

Noob
I m on the same boat here, I don't much about Kof games. The last Kof game I played was kof2000 on the Ps2. That said, Kof14 has picked my interest and I m considering in picking it up.

I wish this was on PC. I can't justify buying a PS4 for one game when I'm getting a good fighting game fix from sf v and tekken 7 on PC. Maybe I can get my brother to let me borrow his ps4 for ever since he never uses his consoles any way.

Aramonde

Noob
I really loved 13 but never really learned cause the netcode was terrible. If the gameplay is good and good netcode then i'll buy it.

@shaowebb I know you're a kof expert and im a noob but 13 didn't seemed balanced to me. Everyone the EX characters and 4 to five other characters in tournament. It sucked that the game had such a big roster but you only saw a few characters.

Demo is out. My thumb hurts. Damn this game is complex, at least for me. And damn this medium/high jump is killing me. Also the special cancels...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
KOF 13 actually got a significant balance patch going from Arcade -> Console. K' and Raiden were pretty much broken and both got adjusted heavily, along with rebalance to reset of cast.
I really loved 13 but never really learned cause the netcode was terrible. If the gameplay is good and good netcode then i'll buy it.

@shaowebb I know you're a kof expert and im a noob but 13 didn't seemed balanced to me. Everyone the EX characters and 4 to five other characters in tournament. It sucked that the game had such a big roster but you only saw a few characters.
Lol. Im no expert. I just kept up with Juicybits on twitch and watched a ton. Believe me...I am NO expert at KOF lol. I get the basics and know a good bit of history, but hey as we saw I had no idea console was an upgraded patch over an arcade release that apparently had some busted as hell Raiden charge times (drop kick looked stupid good after I looked it up).

The thing on the roster was execution IMO. Your Kyos, Karates, and Chins were all just super easy to use. Yeah you could rock Maxima but you'd work harder. Maxima is still good and so were many other cast, but some stuff just became common because no matter what the matchup some character were just so good at being in any slot that it paid off. Plus on point its easier to rock King or Duo Lon than K' or Robert for most folks so same difference. All still good cast, but folks just went with the easiest stuff. Its like playing C. Viper in Marvel. Great character able to handle anything but to many its just easier to work with someone else out there. You can't put em low on a tier list, but you'd likely see someone pick Dante or something instead for their jack of all trades.

My boy nelson looking nasty! @shaowebb if I'm understanding teams correctly. Nelson is a good point character since he's two specials are just a dashing/ducking move and a command grab and all his mixups come from his big list of command normals and followups right?
Also Nelson looks like an all arounder to max mode monster. He doesn't need meter to get damage but with meter he can dish out hefty pain. Plus he has ways in vs folks and isn't reliant on meter to keep pressure at bay.
That means you could probably rock him anywhere on your lineup IMO. I kind of wonder what 5 bar max mode Nelson will look like in 6 months on anchor. So much meter for that super of his to chunk away life.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Also Nelson looks like an all arounder to max mode monster. He doesn't need meter to get damage but with meter he can dish out hefty pain. Plus he has ways in vs folks and isn't reliant on meter to keep pressure at bay.
That means you could probably rock him anywhere on your lineup IMO. I kind of wonder what 5 bar max mode Nelson will look like in 6 months on anchor. So much meter for that super of his to chunk away life.
Can he cancel his strings into super? I was having trouble with it and wasn't sure if it was me not being used to the game or if I'm just not allowed.

With the characters I'll end up using I think I'll be better of with Nelson on point.

EDIT: just checked my boy clark's move. They gave him all the grabs he had before! Everyone gettng rolled once per match.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Giving the demo a quick whirl. Not much time to get into it, but I'm good with what I'm seeing.

Even though I have no idea what I'm doing with the demo roster, it definitely feels like some of the strictness of the input system has been relaxed, which I consider a good thing. I always wondered why MOTW input system felt more forgiving than any of the KOF games, but this feels more like that so far.

I still really like the KOF mobility options. Having 4 jump types, and rolls really helps to keep you from feeling like you can get locked down without options and gives a good range of approaching options without really doing anything. I just always felt it left fighters a lot of freedom to embrace offence and movement without taking away a defensive player's options, and just feels good as far as game flow goes.

Compare that to how MKX 50/50's forces everyone to embrace offense by devaluing sustained defensive play. I happen to like MKXL's game flow for having it's particular feel, but I've also always found KOF to be more gratifying, or maybe comfortable, to play than most SF style fighters. I had big heart eyes playing Capcom Vs SNK2 using SNK grooves. Short jumps, dodge, and roll had a strong impact on how the game played and felt.

My only issue is I can't stop playing MKX, I really want to start playing Xrd, I wish I had time/ability to really understand BB, and now I have to shell out the monies for a collector's edition.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Can he cancel his strings into super? I was having trouble with it and wasn't sure if it was me not being used to the game or if I'm just not allowed.

With the characters I'll end up using I think I'll be better of with Nelson on point.

EDIT: just checked my boy clark's move. They gave him all the grabs he had before! Everyone gettng rolled once per match.
No clue. I don't have the demo or even a PS4 yet. I'm getting the console in a week or so :(

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm getting comfortable with the movement. Been playing against the computer cause I got no friends and I'm able to space some stuff and confirm some stuff with Nelson. Really enjoying it just. Wish I could play against a human instead of the fake difficulty of the CPU "reacting" to the slightest jab with a DP.

My only issue is I can't stop playing MKX, I really want to start playing Xrd, I wish I had time/ability to really understand BB, and now I have to shell out the monies for a collector's edition.
I definitely feel the same way about the KoF system. But if you ever do start learning xrd or BB, HMU. I own CP and always loved that series although I haven't played in forever. And I got xrd but never really out time into it. Been thinking about finally getting rev though.

No clue. I don't have the demo or even a PS4 yet. I'm getting the console in a week or so :(
I don't think he can since the computer doesn't even do it. But one extension launches and you can combo into super that way. Otherwise I think you have to stick to normal KoF confirms (normal, conmand normal, super) for one of his supers.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I definitely feel the same way about the KoF system. But if you ever do start learning xrd or BB, HMU. I own CP and always loved that series although I haven't played in forever. And I got xrd but never really out time into it. Been thinking about finally getting rev though.

I don't think he can since the computer doesn't even do it. But one extension launches and you can combo into super that way. Otherwise I think you have to stick to normal KoF confirms (normal, conmand normal, super) for one of his supers.
I bought Rev a couple of weeks ago, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm clearly not in it to win either seeing as how I pretty much only care about Jam. Although, I'm curious to see what happens with the balance patch that came out on Sunday. I lied about caring about only Jam. There are lots of cool characters, I just have an inexpiable, near Cassie level affection for Jam.

That's also a lie.
I love Cassie the most of all characters of all things of all time.
I don't like gun type things.
I don't like military type things.
It makes no sense at all,
That is not a lie.

For KOF I'm a long time King fan, and I started digging into Kula in XIII.

BTW, Dizzy is free for now for people with Rev. I don't know for how long.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I bought Rev a couple of weeks ago, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm clearly not in it to win either seeing as how I pretty much only care about Jam. Although, I'm curious to see what happens with the balance patch that came out on Sunday. I lied about caring about only Jam. There are lots of cool characters, I just have an inexpiable, near Cassie level affection for Jam.

That's also a lie.
That is not a lie.

she's just free, even if people don't have revelator you can just go on the psn store and "add to library" for free even if you buy the game in six months or whenever

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

That's also a lie.
That is not a lie.

Bruh I mained Cassie day 1 when I played MKX. When I scrubbed around in AC+whatever whatever version I uses Jam. King was one of three characters I managed to not suck with. Are you me from another dimension?

I heard Jam got plenty buffs in the patch. There's a translated notes floating around. I played mostly Axl in sign. Tried a few others but never put in enough time with them. Wish I did though. Turns out Sin was top tier. Almost feels as bad as when I played MK9 I always used Cyrax. Until my bro traded the game. :(

she's just free, even if people don't have revelator you can just go on the psn store and "add to library" for free even if you buy the game in six months or whenever
Yeah was gonna say. I own kum, raven, and dizzy and I still don't have Rev. Shout out to Arc for finally doing something right with their DLCs.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Anyone who played the demo so far how does it feel? How smooth? Is it still gonna take me hours and hours to master my 5 hit BnB into super?