What's new

Combo List - Kano The Kano Combo Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyke_out

Noob
I'm watching Aris's stream at avoidingthepuddle on twitch, and he mention kano can cancel his ball on hit with down,down and places the opponent in a capture state. This is the first I have ever heard of this. Can anyone with game give more detail?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Expect an explosion of Kano tech from me once I get my hands on the game!
I'm looking forward to it. Your tutorials and just plain homework you assigned to those who wanted to reach that next level in your vids are bibles to me. Yes i can't wait.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm watching Aris's stream at avoidingthepuddle on twitch, and he mention kano can cancel his ball on hit with down,down and places the opponent in a capture state. This is the first I have ever heard of this. Can anyone with game give more detail?
Yes I can confirm. I have been experimenting with this among other things all day. This will be an amazing option as opposed to the normal knockdown, and requires you to be precise with your execution and timing. It is well worth the practice.

He can only do this in close range with EX however, farther ranges the ball travels too far to hold or cancel anymore. On EX Ball on hit he can hold the ball position, cancel the ball, and combo the opponent who remains standing instead of falling down. I'll give an example.

I know Im about to be pressured on wakeup, so I wakeup with EX Ball, hold for a split second and cancel within a second, opponent is dazed standing for a short time, I b23 since it has such great reach and begin my combo. Another example would be armor'ing through a move and doing the same.

I've experimted with using it as a fake out in Cutthroat, since he has a 50/50 in that variation and good meterless damage but that is a work in progress. I can't wait until some of you Kano main's get the game and explore these things since I have not been able to do the other variations as much as Cybernetics. Especially Commando.

This ability has given Kano a few extra layers, and there's no doubt that I will be using this in his toolset.

Rasslor

Noob
With Commando Kano i find myself expending meter to give armor to this throws. The throws themselves do decent damage at 20%. He also has loads of tick set ups seeing as many of his combo strings are 0 block adv. His counters stay out for a while, my most successful counters have come from mid range (believe it or not). Obviously the combo potential for Commando pales in comparison to Cybernetics & Cutthroat, doesn't bother me but it would require us (commando users) to be a bit more creative with our block strings, tick set ups etc)

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
My brother and myself just finished a nice lil run with Commando Kano and yes. He will need some serious work from all of us. The recovery from his counters in non ex is very worrying but when enhanced seem more manageable. Mind you they aren't like Sonya's where there's confirmed potential to pull a nice string of off or a good ender but Kano has some serious damage potential.

When we pick it up tomorrow or this week for the rest. I do believe more great answers will follow.

TeaBag

Jack Daniel's Supporter
I'm using his cyber variation and finding that ending his standing BnBs with knives allows you to continue pressure. Also, ending his juggle combos with B2,3,1+3 leaves your opponent standing and in range for a standing B2. I'm gonna mess around with him a lot more tomorrow and hopefully get some videos up.

Cutthroat Kombos
Midscreen- 1 bar
B31xx EX Bladeslice, F212, F4 xx Kano Ball- 33%, Buff 43%, EX Buff 49%
112 xx EX Bladeslice, F212, F4 xx Kanoball- 36%, 48%, EX Buff 54%
B12 xx EX Bladeslice, F212, F4 xx Kanoball- 35%, 46%, EX Buff 52%
JIP, F212, F212, 1 xx EX Bladeslice, F4 xx Kanoball- 36%, Buff 47%, EX Buff 53%
Air to Air 1, F2 xx EX Bladeslice, F21 xx Kanoball- 26%, Buff 34%, EX Buff 39 %

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
Here is a unviable 71% Kano combo I came up with. You can still get 61% with only 1 meter after the EX buff from the cutthroat variation.

Rasslor

Noob
@Rasslor
What does tick set up
Won't that be hard to answer?
Are you asking what does tick set up mean?

Setting up a tick throw (my apologies, I should have clarified)
For those that don't know, a tick throw is basically capitalizing on the moment when the opponents block animation ends which allows for command throws to be landed. This is typically done by hitting the opponent (on block) with a normal that doesn't leave you at a great disadvantage on block.

What I pointed out earlier, was the fact that many (not all) of Kano's combos are 0 block advantage, meaning he isn't at an advantage but he isn't at a disadvantage either.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Anyone experimenting with jf1 x3 in the corner after EX Bladeslice? I'm not sure if it's worth a shit, but it is very fun and flashy since you can f4~whatever special your heart desires after three of them. So like 112~EX Bladeslice jf1 jf1 jf1 f4 Upball does around 35% if I remember right. That's not staggering in the corner but I haven't tested more optimal damage options.

CJMxxx

Noob
MK X Kano combos

Midscreen 0 bar

F+2,1,2 - F+2,1,2 - F+4 - Kano Ball, 29%

F+2,1,2 - Nj.2 - RUN CANCEL - B.3,1 - Kano Ball 26%

F+2,1,2 - Nj.2 - F+4 - Kano Ball, 24%

B+1,2,1 - Kano Ball, 18%

B+3, 1 - Kano Ball, 15%

Low and overhead options need meter midscreen for damage

Corner 0 bar

F+2,1,2 - Nj.2 - B+3,1,2 - 3 - Kano Ball, 32%

B+3,1,2 - B+1,2,1 - Up Ball, 29%

B+1,2,1 - Kano Ball, 20% Overhead needs meter for damage in the corner

Midscreen 1 bar

F+2,1,2 - Nj.2 - RUN CANCEL - B.3,1 - EX Blade Slice - F.4 - Kano Ball, 33%

F+4 - EX Kano Ball 1 hit cancel - F+2,1,2 - F+2,1,2 - F+4 - Kano Ball 31%

F+2,1 - EX Blade Slice - F+2,1,2 - F+4, Kano Ball, 32%

B+3,1 - EX Blade Slice - F+2,1,2 - F+4, Kano Ball, 33%

B+1,2 - EX Blade Slice - F+2,1,2 - F+4, Kano Ball, 35%

Corner 1 Bar

F+2,1,2 - Nj.2 - F+2,1 - EX Blade Slice - B+1,2,1 - Kano Ball, 35%

F+2,1,2 - Nj.2 - F+2,1 - EX Blade Slice - J.1 - J.1 - F+4 - Up Ball, 34%

B+1,2,1 - EX Blade Slice - Nj.2 - B+1,2,1 - Kano Ball, 34%

B+3,1,2 - 1,1,2 - EX Blade Slice - J.1 - 3,2 - Kano Ball 41%

B+3,1,2 - B+1,2,1 - EX Blade Slice - J.1 - 3,2 - Kano Ball 40% (Sometimes this feels easier?)

Just a post from a notepad file I'm working on, combos reposted here are credited to their original owners. Some thoughts..

F+4 - EX Ball Cancel feels really strong. It'll connect from the opening of a match. I think we'll ultimately see kano's space with F+4 when they have meter, it's a free combo.

I think there can be more done with run cancels mid screen after F+2,1,2? I can't really explain but I think more can be done with juggle enders into Nj.2.

I couldn't figure out any knife juggles in the corner, they always seemed too low.

Some dumb 39% two bar combo

B+1,2 - EX Ball Cancel - B+1,2 - EX Blade Slice - B+3,1 - 3 - Kano Ball, 39%

EX Ball loops in the corner? Probably not worth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.