What's new

The Great Void Decoded [VIDEO]

KOE, forgive me as I'm new to taking scorpion seriously, but in your vid, I'm having trouble seeing exactly what it is that makes the b2 pop them that little bit higher. Is it a spacing thing?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
It's the length of the dash. You have to cancel the dash with B+2 almost halfway through the dash then you get the big popup

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
It's the length of the dash. You have to cancel the dash with B+2 almost halfway through the dash then you get the big popup
That's what I was thinking, thx alot, what do you think about omitting the b2 to keep gravity stable enough? Is it a viable void option or does that affect the ability to nail b2/f4 after they splat at your feet?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Y'all should be using the nj.P version anyway: if you throw in the B2, the only viable follow-up is the F4xxSpear since the B2 won't pop-up, making it more of a gimmicky reset than a true vortex. Less damage, but at least there is some ambiguity involved with the mix-up.

That's what I was thinking, thx alot, what do you think about omitting the b2 to keep gravity stable enough? Is it a viable void option or does that affect the ability to nail b2/f4 after they splat at your feet?

Yes it's viable, but there are about 3 more void setups that I'm sure nobody has seen yet that will be in part 2

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Really we should only showcase the two most damaging combos that allow for the full B2/F4 vortex to be completed.

These are...
(optional combo before hand) Spear, NJP, JK~TP Dash F43~Spear - 27% damage (32% with combo, 35% with JiP combo)
and
AA Spear, NJP, Dash Wait 2~TP Dash F43~Spear - 26% damage

AA Spear changes the gravity, so you have to change your combo accordingly.

Pagan

Noob
Once again K.O.E proves his worth to the community. Props on this K.O.E.

I typically time my NJP as late as possible so I am grounded sooner and can continue on. Do you think this is a legit factor?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
*sigh* Its dumb to do that combo when the one ending in f43 spear does like twice as much damage with the same wake-ups. Your being technical dude. Its silly.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Online I can only land the one used with AA spear. Haha. Then I usually miss the B2 or F4, or get the input bug for D3/4. Silly stuff.
I sure hate online...I can't do any one of my combos apart from my main BNB, and even then I drop that half the time.

As soon as I finish collecting my online trophies I'm calling it quits for online once again.

*sigh* Its dumb to do that combo when the one ending in f43 spear does like twice as much damage with the same wake-ups. Your being technical dude. Its silly.
Quick question? after your setup if I try to B+2 and it lands it will act as if I combo'd it in & send the opponent sliding backward, but it wont be counted into the combo. Why does that happen? If i try B+2 with a different setup I get the regular properties.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Hmm ... actually ... I'm liking the 2,1+2 setup. Not because it'll do more damage than even a no-B2 nj.P version, but because one can easily do the xj.Throw or jo.Throw to build meter.

How much damage is that?

Slips

Quick question? after your setup if I try to B+2 and it lands it will act as if I combo'd it in & send the opponent sliding backward, but it wont be counted into the combo. Why does that happen? If i try B+2 with a different setup I get the regular properties.
You have to take the b+2 out of your initial combo. If you include it, then yea they will just slide on the ground and its shitty when you do your b+2 on wake-up.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Hmm ... actually ... I'm liking the 2,1+2 setup. Not because it'll do more damage than even a no-B2 nj.P version, but because one can easily do the xj.Throw or jo.Throw to build meter.

How much damage is that?
27% instead of 35%

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Doesn't matter anymore to me either way: just realized the 2 1+2 version skips on the teleport. NJ.P version, all the way!
Plus it's only 17% without the starting combo. Forgot to mention that part...
The regular vortex is 30% with the combo, 21% without...so why go for the great void when the vortex does more damage????

ELC

Scrublord McGee
The regular vortex is 30% with the combo, 21% without...so why go for the great void when the vortex does more damage????
Eh? I'm talking about the BnB version, not the AA version. AA, you should go for the Vortex unless ... well, I can't think of a reason not too since you can't juggle after AA spear.

1,1~Spear nj.P ji.K~Tele dash F4,3 Spear deals 32%, 35% after a ji.P. Not as much as your Grave Digger BnB, but imo more useful since 2,1+2 is hard to use outside of guaranteed punishes.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I don't think it's that hard to use Grave Digger all the time offline, but that's cause I try to force myself to use that more often than not. It's certainly annoying online (which I finished getting all my online trophies, so I'm calling online quits for the most part).
If you hit AA Spear you should still go for the great void.

AA Spear, NJP, Dash, Wait, 2~Teleport, Dash F43~Spear 26% - 1% less than the ground spear version.
Interestingly, this is the only version of the Great Void I was able to hit online.

Everybody knows the Vortex and nobody really see's that much of the void unless Slips is playing. Well thats why I use it lol

Slips

I was talking about replacing f4, 3~spear with 11~spear which does 37% damage. I dont do it cause it's ugly.
You can 11 spear yes, but then you don't get Scorp's 50/50 mix up that makes him cheap. All you can get off of 11 spear is d3...which puts you at disadvantage even on hit.