What's new

The Great Void Decoded [VIDEO]

I'll just stick with 1, dash, 33~spear. Does the the same damage (38%) and it doesnt get dropped for not jump kicking low enough.

I'll just stick with 1, dash, 33~spear. Does the the same damage (38%) and it doesnt get dropped for not jump kicking low enough.
I recommend you learn this setup. It's not particularly easy to pull off, but it's not impossible. It's better than the original vortex IMO because it's so much harder for your opponent to guess if its a F+4 or B+2 coming at them.

Yes, you do a second spear after the 33 so they fall right at your feat. It's the same thing as this except you replace f4, 3~spear with 1, dash, 33~spear.
I just tested it out & it works perfectly Hanzo :).
The problem is that in Slips' combo it gives you a bigger window to land F+4/B+2. In your combo the window is smaller because Scorpion recovers later due to the distance.

I just tested it out & it works perfectly Hanzo :).
The problem is that in Slips' combo it gives you a bigger window to land F+4/B+2. In your combo the window is smaller because Scorpion recovers later due to the distance.
*sighs* off to train some more then..

*sighs* off to train some more then..
I came up with easier void setups & the good news is they work perfectly. After further testing your combo, I found that it's a double-edged sword (i.e its weakness is also its strength). You have less time to land a F+4/B+2 but your opponent also has less to to react.

I came up with easier void setups & the good news is they work perfectly. After further testing your combo, I found that it's a double-edged sword (i.e its weakness is also its strength). You have less time to land a F+4/B+2 but your opponent also has less to to react.
I think more time will benefit me more than them. Im very good at canceling wake ups EXCEPT during the void. I can do it perfectly every other time I knock someone down. I can usually keep them cornered and they stay down most of the time unless they use armored attacks. I just cant get the timing right during the void for some reason.

I think more time will benefit me more than them. Im very good at canceling wake ups EXCEPT during the void. I can do it perfectly every other time I knock someone down. I can usually keep them cornered and they stay down most of the time unless they use armored attacks. I just cant get the timing right during the void for some reason.
It's cool, I'll be covering the timing of cancelling the wake-up withF+4/B+2 in the next installment

It's cool, I'll be covering the timing of cancelling the wake-up withF+4/B+2 in the next installment
It's really fun beating someone down with safe attacks in the corner. Some of them start to literally squirm (cause they probobly never experienced that from a Scorpion before) if they can finnally get out of it. I saw this one guy who had a solid record jumping around back and forth throwing random punches in the air like an idiot not knowing how to attack me cause every time he tried he got fucked up, hahaha!

He fought me with every fighter on the roster just about and no worky. Then he sent me a message saying that my player match record sucks and then I told him that it's cause I refuse to fight casuals, scrubs, and noobs, "check the ranked match leaderboard #18" - no response.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
The only combo ender that gives you enough time to land a b2/f4 after a 2nd spear is f43 spear. 33 or even 111 spear the only thing you have time for after they slide to your feat is a d3...which sucks. It'll work on fools, but people who know it's weakness will start blowing you up.

The only combo ender that gives you enough time to land a b2/f4 after a 2nd spear is f43 spear. 33 or even 111 spear the only thing you have time for after they slide to your feat is a d3...which sucks. It'll work on fools, but people who know it's weakness will start blowing you up.
1,1~Spear - jip, 2,1+2~Spear gives you more than enough time.

Where's the damn video?

I have enough time after 1,1~spear but I dont like ending it with that cause it's ugly.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Will gravity stay stable enough for a tp~dollar menu follow up before the second spear in this setup? I'm not at home to test and I wanted to ask before I forgot :)
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I recommend you learn this setup. It's not particularly easy to pull off, but it's not impossible. It's better than the original vortex IMO because it's so much harder for your opponent to guess if its a F+4 or B+2 coming at them.
I've found that you can auto pilot the great void if you simply do a NJP as opposed to a NJP B2. It does a bit less damage, but literally all you have to do is 11~spear/f4~spear/33~spear NJP~JIK~TP F43~spear.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I've found that you can auto pilot the great void if you simply do a NJP as opposed to a NJP B2. It does a bit less damage, but literally all you have to do is NJP~JIK~TP F43~spear.

yeah I noticed that slips did this a couple times, I guess it's for gravity reasons, but once I saw it, it made total sense. good shit

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
yeah I noticed that slips did this a couple times, I guess it's for gravity reasons, but once I saw it, it made total sense. good shit
Yeah, the NJP B2 just requires too much thought to be viable in high level play imo. The NJP is just simple muscle memory.

I also like to plink F43 in F43~spear, helped me out; may help someone else out. Doing that I land it 100% of the time. I have found however that the B2 occasionally won't connect after the F43~spear, I'm not sure why honestly. I originally figured it was due to the fact that it had stricter timing but in my limited testing it seems to have a variable success rate while F4~spear always works.

Hopefully I'm wrong about the B2 and you guys can prove me wrong! :)

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Lol I have to make it look pretty in Sony Vegas
KOE, forgive me as I'm new to taking scorpion seriously, but in your vid, I'm having trouble seeing exactly what it is that makes the b2 pop them that little bit higher. Is it a spacing thing?