What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Robotic

Gentleman.
It appears (so far) that if a character not yet in MKX has all or part of their special moves assimilated into other characters, that they won't be in the game. Sindel's specials appear untouched. Discuss.

Ferra Tor is a huge guy with a small girl on his back.

Reptile didn't have a tail in mk9 why would he have it in mkx?
In the Reptile Concept Art description the team admits they couldn't get the tail and acid sac working properly by the deadline so they had to scrap it. Says so right in the game from the developers. Its been said in the past that the longer Reptile is away from his home realm the more devolved he becomes, reverted back to a more primal form.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Ermac and Sindel co-existed...don't know if that applies.

Jade is not in (mournful)
Noob is not in (Fera slide)
Stryker is not in (cassie stick and multiple gunshot characters)
Tsung is not in (imposter)
Nightwolf is not in (Kung Jin)

From a development standpoint, maybe they knew these characters weren't gonna be in and "borrowed" the moves they liked to spread them to other characters.

No homing missing in...hmm

No net in...hmm

From a development standpoint, maybe they knew these characters weren't gonna be in and "borrowed" the moves they liked to spread them to other characters.

No net in...hmm
Tsung and Nughtwolf could easily be in with different from mk9 move sets. Their power sets allow a lot of freedom in creating new mechanics.
And homing missile is in - Cassie Special forces

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader

No net in...hmm
Noob isn't in...yet...

Robotic

Gentleman.
Tsung and Nughtwolf could easily be in with different from mk9 move sets. Their power sets allow a lot of freedom in creating new mechanics.
And homing missile is in - Cassie Special forces
Bite your tongue. That's not a real homing missile...a real Sektor-as-fuck homing missile. Blasphemer!

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Bite your tongue. That's not a real homing missile...a real Sektor-as-fuck homing missile. Blasphemer!
I think Spec Ops Cassie and Full Auto Jacqui's rockets make Sektor pretty unlikely. Cyrax seems more reasonable, if they do a cyborg. (I still think BOTH are unlikely because they already have profile kombat kard backgrounds in-game. Of course, so does Bo' Rai Cho, so that may throw off my theory there.)

Spectral Ermac
Pyro Tanya

But I do love me some Sindel.
The only move Pyro Tanya borrows from Sindel is the ex air fireball that goes high and low. It's pretty different, too. I don't think that counts.

Spectral Ermac I could see the argument, but that seems like a pretty reasonable overlap to me.

Last edited:
I think it's midnight. Look at the clock. That red hand down? It's the counterweight for the seconds hand. You can see the thin red line opposite it going up. Plus the #insomnia hashtag. Maybe we're getting some info at midnight?

ErMac333

Noob
Hate to be negative but after the latest super troll I'm not putting my money on any reveal anytime soon. Rather be surprised than disappointed so I'm just gonna act like all he means is that he's exhausted working late, after all, that was a mere retweet that was probably no more than convenient to express it and not any reveal at all.

Gamer68

Fujin!
All I'm going to say is that Ed better not disappoint. If this is just a troll to mess around with us, that would just be screwed up. Crossing my fingers that there's some good news either tonight (midnight) or later tomorrow.