What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
That's what I'm saying though, they're not "half-made". They will have to change the models like they would any other character, see what they did to Tanya,
But Tanya got her model changed (it was really only her face and skin tone) because of the reaction to the manfaced light skinned Tanya in story mode and NRS (with or without pressure from WB) agreed to it.

In saying that, Rain and Baraka are the only ones who I would be confident in claiming were "half done". I feel like Sindel would need a new outfit to justify her inclusion (as long as that lame ass "crown" she wore in Deception doesn't return, it's all good).

They specifically said they wanted to give him a tail in MKX but it was fucking up when placed in the game engine.
Yuck! Bless that engine then. I absolutely loathed MKDA Reptile especially because of his tail.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Inb4 they reveal the Pit as the stage included in KP2 even though we already knew that.
But Tanya got her model changed (it was really only her face and skin tone) because of the reaction to the manfaced light skinned Tanya in story mode and NRS (with or without pressure from WB) agreed to it.

In saying that, Rain and Baraka are the only ones who I would be confident in claiming were "half done". I feel like Sindel would need a new outfit to justify her inclusion (as long as that lame ass "crown" she wore in Deception doesn't return, it's all good).

Yuck! Bless that engine then. I absolutely loathed MKDA Reptile especially because of his tail.
Noone thought Tanya looked "manfaced", it was more the colour of her skin (which is irrelevant because she's Edenian anyway). As I said, they're not half done because model creation probably won't take up a third of their time. They have models for a bunch of characters, all they'd be doing is tweaking for most of them.

ATIWAB

Noob
The DLC model is money-grab anti-consumer bullshit, anyway.

$30+ so far in characters and skins alone since the game has been released. $60 for the game itself. Another $30+ in the next character and skin releases. Can't lab against common characters like Jason/Tremor/Tanya/Predator without dropping at least $20 extra on top of the game if you want to play competitively, another $20 when the next character set hits. The business model being like this is why I usually stick to different genres, I got a bad taste in my mouth for this type of shit with SF x Tekken and have hated it ever since.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Inb4 they reveal the Pit as the stage included in KP2 even though we already knew that.

Noone thought Tanya looked "manfaced", it was more the colour of her skin (which is irrelevant because she's Edenian anyway). As I said, they're not half done because model creation probably won't take up a third of their time. They have models for a bunch of characters, all they'd be doing is tweaking for most of them.
Quite a few people did exclaim that she was manfaced (especially on TYM) so I don't know where your amnesia about that criticism comes from (especially since her new face is much more feminine) to claim "noone" did. But yes, her skin color was the main change (and no matter how much you want to use that excuse, Edenians have been shown to have varying complexions and Tanya was always dark skinned. It is indeed relevant.).

In terms of being "half done", design is one half while the other half is related to the character's movements and the way they take up space. Sindel, Rain, and Baraka might not have unique intros but they have voice acting (grunts and screams) and also have a basic moveset with iconic moves I doubt NRS would remove (unlike Tanya's copy of Kitana) so they definitely are closer to being done ("half done" if you will) in comparison to say Fujin or Bo Rai Cho).

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Quite a few people did exclaim that she was manfaced (especially on TYM) so I don't know where your amnesia about that criticism comes from (especially since her new face is much more feminine) to claim "noone" did. But yes, her skin color was the main change (and no matter how much you want to use that excuse, Edenians have been shown to have varying complexions and Tanya was always dark skinned. It is indeed relevant.).

In terms of being "half done", design is one half while the other half is related to the character's movements and the way they take up space. Sindel, Rain, and Baraka might not have unique intros but they have voice acting (grunts and screams) and also have a basic moveset with iconic moves I doubt NRS would remove (unlike Tanya's copy of Kitana) so they definitely are closer to being done ("half done" if you will) in comparison to say Fujin or Bo Rai Cho).
Well I don't remember anyone criticising her face, maybe because there was so much crying about her complexion (which is irrelevant, Edenian has been shown to cover a wide range of skin tones from Kitana to Jade). If people were crying about that too then ok.

That's a HUGE generalization and actually wrong. The time isn't half design and half movement, the time's split up between voice acting, model design, animation capturing, balancing and other stuff. The point is that the model takes up a small amount of time compared to other stuff that has to be done. And they do not have a moveset, their MKX movesets were ripped directly from their MK9 ones so that's not even a talking point. For every character they have to come up with three variation ideas, an entirely new moveset, tweak or create models and do everything else involved with making a character. They are not "half done" at all, they're not even close to being half done. They're as close to being done as Fujin or Bo Rai Cho, same as Tanya was, which is very little because they have to do almost everything involved in creating a playable character. They only thing they don't need to do is make a full new model and that's a very small part of it all.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Well I don't remember anyone criticising her face, maybe because there was so much crying about her complexion (which is irrelevant, Edenian has been shown to cover a wide range of skin tones from Kitana to Jade). If people were crying about that too then ok.

That's a HUGE generalization and actually wrong. The time isn't half design and half movement, the time's split up between voice acting, model design, animation capturing, balancing and other stuff. The point is that the model takes up a small amount of time compared to other stuff that has to be done. And they do not have a moveset, their MKX movesets were ripped directly from their MK9 ones so that's not even a talking point. For every character they have to come up with three variation ideas, an entirely new moveset, tweak or create models and do everything else involved with making a character. They are not "half done" at all, they're not even close to being half done. They're as close to being done as Fujin or Bo Rai Cho, same as Tanya was, which is very little because they have to do almost everything involved in creating a playable character. They only thing they don't need to do is make a full new model and that's a very small part of it all.
(It isn't irrelevant when Tanya has been established in three games as having dark skin and then she's suddenly a light tan and lighter than Jade at that!).

Fine, I'll concede regarding "half done" only on the grounds that I definitely oversimplified the process And then it becomes a game of hypothetical questions ("whose to say they didn't already have the three variations fleshed out on paper?" and etc.).

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Sindel was hard to play online because it was harder to time the levitate cancels.
sindel is the one character id put in the lab time, to adjust for Lag, tight combo links and so on, she is my dream character for MKX, queen needs to be returned to her rightful place.