What's new

The Differences Between Injustice and MK9

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
It's a blazblue type of set up. light medium, heavy, trait. It works amazingly well for that game.

I wouldn't worry about the control scheme just because it is different. People were dreading the changes when MvC2 went from a 6 button set-up to a 4, and that game turned into 10 years of hype.
Thats good to hear, Im sure it will be good, I definitely have faith in NR.

All of MK's characters are about the same size. The limb-based buttons make sense there.

But in a game where Harley Quinn can take on Doomsday, the attack buttons need to be unique according to each character.
That definitely makes sense, good point.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
In practice, you pretty quickly get used to remembering what comes out with which button press at which time; and you stop noticing it after a while.

Also, a lot of people do have similar normals -- like various versions of pop-up moves with the same input that take the function of an uppercut (crouching medium, maybe?)

trufenix

bye felicia
If no one can confirm, can someone at least let me know how it worked in MK9? While this is not likely to be a big issue (as my friends and I are not professional players by any means), it would still be good to know.
I never heard if it was fixed in Komplete Edition, but MK9 on 360 required a log in (at game start up) to maintain the latest updates. If you booted it offline you got to play "vanilla" until NRS released a full proper patch (Which always contained the cumulative updates). PS3 did not have that problem.

I suspect its fixed as plenty of other 360 games use a similar system without being fucked offline.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I figured this was a good place to post this, so I just wanted to say to people coming from MK9; there are two things I think it'd be great if we could get past:

1) "Is this character a rushdown char or a zoner?"
2) "I played Sonya in MK9, which character is the same in Injustice?"

Injustice, character-wise, is it's own game. While there are a couple of obvious categorizations, a lot of the cast cannot be pigeonholed into a single basic category. There are diverse sets of tools, and something as simple as 'zoner' or 'rushdown' doesn't really describe how most of the characters were meant to be played.

Add to this that there aren't a ton of direct analogies to MK9 chars in overall gameplay; a character having a cartwheel doesn't make her Sonya Blade. Etc. From having played a lot of the cast, and given that much is different in the meta-game, it's best to just learn a character for what they are, rather than trying to make some char play like Kabal or Reptile.

So please, just take the game for what it is. The engine will feel familiar to MK9 players, but the characters are creative and varied and should be treated as such :)

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Could add that Supers have a huge obvious animation first, and then go into the active frames. As opposed to just doing the active frames.

Makes supers more risky since you have ages to react. Not that you'd do them naked, but still.

tazzmission

Banned
i played the demo and i have to say it takes time getting used to the controls but the game feels really fluid wich i like alot

i was amazed wonder woman didnt seem broken like she was in mk vs dcu.

i thought id hate the new block system but it isnt bad as i thought it would be

tuesday needs to get here and fast