What's new

The Differences Between Injustice and MK9

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Not canceling airdashes with attacks is something they changed and added to Ultimater Marvel 3 that wasn't in Marvel 3 vanilla too. Basically it forces folks to commit more to their jump ins and it was a pretty big game changer for a few guys. They also added you cant block out of an air dash in that game and it was even bigger on forcing commitment.

Basically what this means for I:GAU is that AA's will be big things like they are supposed to be and you cant just dash and cancel into a high priority normal or specials to negate the threat of an AA coming out and stopping your approach. Ghetto crossup is good and in the corner if you catch someone trying to tech forward this could be pretty good for that if you gauged distance and managed to get just behind them enough to throw the attack back the other way as a crossup. Im not even certain which way to block a crossup that plants so deep they throw it back in the direction they came from. I abused the hell out of stuff like that in Marvel because I didn't play top tier and needed crossup strategies to get my hits.

Wait...incoming dumb question. Is there air blocking like in other games? I don't think I've seen or heard of it but I havent been able to keep up with as much as I'd like recently.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
great stuff !! more and more, IGAU is showing a way better FG than MK9 ....

Sure , on time, people will discover the "dirty and cheap" tricks that, unfortunatelly, all FG ending to have, sooner or later .... however, this game (IGAU) , in theory and on paper, seems very promissing and very technical ..... very good news so far ! :D

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What do you mean? It's pretty obvious.

You can do QCF from a crouched position, you don't have to go back to neutral. Probably the only difference.
If it was obvious, I wouldn't have asked it. It didn't seem to me like there should be any difference. So the only difference is that you can do qcf from a crouched position? There's got to be other differences, otherwise there would be no reason to select the MK method over the SF method.

If it was obvious, I wouldn't have asked it. It didn't seem to me like there should be any difference. So the only difference is that you can do qcf from a crouched position? There's got to be other differences, otherwise there would be no reason to select the MK method over the SF method.
No, they're just inputs. I guess one is better suited for stick players and other for pad players. There isn't any magic that happens with either or that I am aware of.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
the difference? from the look of it injustice is just mk9 with wall bouncers and more elasticated characters. still looks fun though.

GGA Max

It seems that in IGAU, turning around when being crossed up is faster than MK9.

Go to about 1:20...

Dashing
Dashes can no longer be cancelled into attacks...[snip]

Has anyone independently verified whether or not you can cancel a dash into an attack?

For those of us who focus on spacing, dash~punish is a crucial feature in both MK9 and UMvC3. Why would NRS change the formula? Or, more importantly, how would they change it without ruining the flow of the game?

I'm having a difficult time reconciling the above quoted text with what I know about FGs. Could someone enlighten me please?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I'll add that; thanks for reminding me :)
Is there any difference in that system in terms of affecting meta and gameplay? Its slightly different, but I'm trying to think if it will change anything.

Maybe because there is no reset for both players, it will reward the loser more?

What r the actual buttons? Meaning is it going to be an 8 button game with light, med, and heavy punches and kicks? Or (what I heard) is it a 4 button game with L, M, H attacks with a special button?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Is there any difference in that system in terms of affecting meta and gameplay? Its slightly different, but I'm trying to think if it will change anything.

Maybe because there is no reset for both players, it will reward the loser more?
There are a few differences, some more obvious (like not being able to have 'meter gaining rounds' or just chip out the end of a round to make it to the next one) and some more subtle (like meter being that much more important, because without lifebar resets, it may be your one and only chance to mount a comeback in a match).

What r the actual buttons? Meaning is it going to be an 8 button game with light, med, and heavy punches and kicks? Or (what I heard) is it a 4 button game with L, M, H attacks with a special button?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2
Light, Medium, Heavy (no seperation for punch or kick), Trait, Interact, Meter Burn, Throw, Stance Switch

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
It'll affect my mentality for sure. Winning the first "round " with 5% health left isn't exactly going to earn the same kind of sigh of relief it does in most games.