What's new

The Decision is..

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Tom, at NEC you should commentate your fights through pools if nothing else as a mindfuck to the other guy.

Tom : "Looks like Tom's setting up the corner trap again with 2-2 into ice clone, the opponent's best option is to..."
Other guy : o,O
Tom : "It's as if _____ is giving up at this point. WHAT IS THAT? Is that Xray Dash Cancel into throw? Tom Brady is on fire today"

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Tom, at NEC you should commentate your fights through pools if nothing else as a mindfuck to the other guy.

Tom : "I'm setting up my corner trap again with 2-2 into ice clone, my opponent's best option is to..."
Other guy : o,O
Tom : "It's as if my opponent is giving up at this point. WHAT IS THAT? Is that Xray Dash Cancel into throw? Tom Brady is on fire today"
I should have commentated like that when I fought Winter Warz! LMAO

So, after watching REO vid of MKDC GL I'd be lying if I didnt say it made me smile and remember the days when I only used the most fucked up stuff in fighting games.. all until now when Sub-Zero started top and finished LOL.

That guy who used GL is still here in a blue fish costume. Should i go to a super top main? if I did it would have to be Kabal or Kenshi, there is no way I'm playing anything less then one of the top 2 characters. Kenshi is a character that fits me and I am already semi ok with.

Thoughts?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
There goes my ninja edit >_<

Things are always more awesome when you refer to yourself in the 3rd person

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
So, after watching REO vid of MKDC GL I'd be lying if I didnt say it made me smile and remember the days when I only used the most fucked up stuff in fighting games.. all until now when Sub-Zero started top and finished LOL.

That guy who used GL is still here in a blue fish costume. Should i go to a super top main? if I did it would have to be Kabal or Kenshi, there is no way I'm playing anything less then one of the top 2 characters. Kenshi is a character that fits me and I am already semi ok with.

Thoughts?
Don't character hop aside from a pocket something for a horrible matchup for sub.
Face it Tom. You ARE Sub Zero. (can someone get me a Maury meme photoshopped?)

I mean, my kenshi is def above avg with only a few hours of play. If I actually PLAYED the character it could be big trouble in little china. I actually like Kenshi over Kabal as a main.

and LBSH.. i was the first Kenshi player but was retired when REO got mad at my Kenshi beating Mileena and he crushed my early stage Kenshi with 1.04 KL and told me to drop him lol. KL really crushed Kenshi back then, we just dint know it was only a KL MU thing and not Kenshi being bad. after that, 90% of our sessions ended up being KL mirrors lmao..

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I would just hate to see a repeat of days past bro.
You start learning another character, then the ice clone cravings come back.

Nothing wrong w a pocket Kenshi, but you can't fight your nature.
Birds gotta fly, Fish gotta swim, Brady's gotta clone.

Just do some real soulsearching, and if you honestly believe that you can do everything you could do w Sub, without him. Then by all means. I just have a feeling that down the road the grass on the lin kuei side of town's gonna look a little greener. We all wanna see Tom Brady come back and crush people, not "do well" vs people and have an identity crisis a la Cdjr (no offence cdjr)

I would just hate to see a repeat of days past bro.
You start learning another character, then the ice clone cravings come back.

Nothing wrong w a pocket Kenshi, but you can't fight your nature.
Birds gotta fly, Fish gotta swim, Brady's gotta clone.
clone cravings came back because I didnt put much time into Raiden and he isnt super top. I actually liked Kenshi and was actually going to be the first Kenshi main until going away from him. man was I dumb lol.

anyway.. good idea?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Thoughts?
Well I'm using Kenshi at NEC as well. But I suck at MK9 so I will probably go 0-2. Everyone should just use Kabal, Kenshi or Cyrax imo.

Tom Brady, use dat kenshi. Denzell obviously has a high lvl sub like you, but even he knows he has more characters than that and i know you can play alot of chars so you might as well do it to give you the best chance of getting top 8 or even winning the tournament. I remember powerup 2011, you didn't like lao vs sub so you had a bunch of chars to back up sub, which led to you winning that tournament.

Flagg

Noob
Obligatory "good shit 'obligatory christian name'" post.

But I am looking forward to seeing Sub Zero break a few heads.

NKZero

Noob
Tom Brady use Kenshi to counter-pick Sub's bad MU's although you may have to grind out one or two bad ones e.g. Kabal and Kung Lao.

Anyways glad to see you back :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

I'd say this; only do it if you're going to go all the way. Meaning, don't develop a semi-alt that operates at 70% of your true potential and gets blown up against top players. If you're going to pick up a secondary, train it to the absolute fullest and be ready to go tooth and nail on tournament day.

I think it'd be super for you to not have to worry so much about character limitations, and be able to just play to your fullest ability. If it were me, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But you have to really follow your heart, or it doesn't work.

Imo you've proven about as much as can be proven with Sub-Zero.. There's nothing left to prove there. Go for blood/gold.