What's new

The Decision is..

Invincibeast

Stay Free
It's the effort you put into a character that matters. Madzin made NS look badass. There is no reason for you to jump a bandwagon just because people can't see the obvious from that red blindfold.
Tom Brady already makes Sub-Zero looks like a top ten character and what he has achieved with purely SZ is ridiculous. I can understand, now that he has his competitive drive back, him wanting to invest the same amount of time and effort in a character that doesn't have to struggle for a win as much.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
clone cravings came back because I didnt put much time into Raiden and he isnt super top. I actually liked Kenshi and was actually going to be the first Kenshi main until going away from him. man was I dumb lol.

anyway.. good idea?
You've done MORE than enough with Sub-Zero. It's time for you to have some fun.

Go with who you feel will get you those wins.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I'm a sub main but I'm a Tom Brady fan. Do what you gotta do man. Play to win. Go kenshi either as a main or a backup...why is there no poll for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate reading posts from REO because you can't tell if he's trolling or not.
hes not, at the beginning of mk9 tom brady was the one explaining all the mechanics of the game and ways to exploit the cheap stuff, the guy is brilliant.

edit: subzero, kung lao and kenshi would be a very good bet to use at tourneys for tom.

coolwhip

Noob
hes not, at the beginning of mk9 tom brady was the one explaining all the mechanics of the game and ways to exploit the cheap stuff, the guy is brilliant.

edit: subzero, kung lao and kenshi would be a very good bet to use at tourneys for tom.
Tom is absolutely brilliant, I'm not debating that one bit. I just don't know whether REO is being serious in that particular post (even if what he's saying is actually true).

coolwhip

Noob
So, after watching REO vid of MKDC GL I'd be lying if I didnt say it made me smile and remember the days when I only used the most fucked up stuff in fighting games.. all until now when Sub-Zero started top and finished LOL.

That guy who used GL is still here in a blue fish costume. Should i go to a super top main? if I did it would have to be Kabal or Kenshi, there is no way I'm playing anything less then one of the top 2 characters. Kenshi is a character that fits me and I am already semi ok with.

Thoughts?
LBSH Tom, you're playing Sub-Zero. You'll love it, you'll hate it, but you'll still do it. That said, leveling up your Kenshi would not be a bad idea at all. I think his style suits you.

As a fan though, I'd like to see you go all Sub-Zero.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
So, after watching REO vid of MKDC GL I'd be lying if I didnt say it made me smile and remember the days when I only used the most fucked up stuff in fighting games.. all until now when Sub-Zero started top and finished LOL.

That guy who used GL is still here in a blue fish costume. Should i go to a super top main? if I did it would have to be Kabal or Kenshi, there is no way I'm playing anything less then one of the top 2 characters. Kenshi is a character that fits me and I am already semi ok with.

Thoughts?
Go to Kabal dude. Kenshi is very good. But Kabal is the man as of now. Bodying people UMK3 style or should I say REO style lol.

RoGE

Noob
Tom Brady has done a lot for the community, whether it's providing guides, being an awesome commentator or building up hype.

<3 you man hahaha

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...

Thoughts?
Do it man. You're too good to be held back by your character. I love Sub Zero and he's my main, and I'm sure a lot of sub players might want you to stay stuck on him because we enjoy seeing you use the character. However, the only reason you shouldn't move to another character is if deep down you feel like Sub will always be your best chance to win. Having watched your Kenshi on the GGA stream just once I don't think that is the case. Personally I think you would be an absolute monster with Kenshi. I mean... who the hell am I but that's my opinion anyway.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
It's the effort you put into a character that matters. Madzin made NS look badass. There is no reason for you to jump a bandwagon just because people can't see the obvious from that red blindfold.
The reason would be not having to swallow being a top player with an average main getting eliminated by 8-2 and 7-3 matchups in tournament. I'm not speaking for Brady on that, I'm just saying that's how I would feel and it is very easy to understand. A great warrior deserves better than a dull blade. If you're playing online or in casuals it's cool to use whoever you want and just let the chips fall where they may, but it's hard to swallow in a tournament when you're using a character like Sub Zero and you have to go up against a high level Kenshi or Kabal player. Is it impossible to win? No. Are you coming in at a huge disadvantage? Yes, and that is absolutely undeniable by anyone with a bit of sense who has either played at a high level or simply closely observed how this game is played at the highest level.

Thoughts?
Tom Brady, you've always had your hunting knife +7 with you but it's like you simply sheathed it on your belt. It's still there and you still got it.

You want to win? You know what to do.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
how this game is played at the highest level.
No, I understand that there is a consensus in these things, that is how it works and that is how it should work. The only point I have to make here is that people like to discover only one best way, and no alternatives. And if we accept that there is only one way and two or three good characters, we give up far too soon. I like to experiment but lack the devices.

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
Tom Brady
I love Sub and everything (he's my secondary), but you gotta do what it takes to win. I've always thought (based on the fact that you played GL) that Kenshi seemed like a natural main for you. Go for it.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
No, I understand that there is a consensus in these things, that is how it works and that is how it should work. The only point I have to make here is that people like to discover only one best way, and no alternatives. And if we accept that there is only one way and two or three good characters, we give up far too soon. I like to experiment but lack the devices.
This is very true with some characters, but in this case there isn't much more that can be pulled out of this character. One of our community's absolute best has been at it with this character for 18 months with top level training partners hammering away at these matchups. Some of them simply aren't getting better, no matter how much we want them to.