What's new

The Decision is..

First let me start off by saying that not being able to compete in the big majors outside of EVO over the last few months sucked lol. I loved being part of MLG and doing the commentary and I hope that I get considered for it again should MK stay, but not being able to compete in anything relevant does kind of kill ones competitive drive.

Competing in exhibition matches vs Curbo, Denzell, etc when the community demands it and the smaller tourney matches like vs 16 bit, etc obviously is not on par with an actual major tourney. All stuff like that does is show that while I cant compete, that I can still hang with the very best in todays game. When all you can do is play in situations where winning is totally meaningless it kills your drive to win and compete. When TTT2 came out, the newness of the game and the lack of drive to win in MK had me switch to TTT2 full time and not play MK since TTT2 launch on September 11. I didnt play very many casuals at MLG Dallas due to my work schedule and again, lack of drive to even play anymore. After MLG Dallas I was iffy on wanting to return...

At Absolute Battle I THOUGHT I could compete at maybe a tourney that had some meaning again.. LMAO at that with the 13 man sign up. With yet ANOTHER meaningless event I again thought, who fuckin cares.. To top that off we didnt even get a set up until several hours in. I was casting another game already, and now had to also run the MK tourney. It was waaayyy to much for a tourney that I already new didnt mean shit no matter what I did. Ended up having to forefeit out of winners finals and losers finals, but when I had a few minutes to spare I decided to rush through losers finals real quick. Props to mygod who played well and thats not the opponent to try to rush through.

Either way, i could care less because win or lose, AB ended up being an event that wouldnt have mattered which really sucked after going through 7 months of meaningless events.

Let me begin this part by saying that after talking to GGA 16 Bit today that I made a decision...

I dont need some top 10 list because I was top 10 before the 7 months MLG season, and even though I did not compete, I ended up playing better and better as months past and my absolute best post EVO. I know I'm still in the top 10 and I appreciate Pig Of The Hut and 16bit having my back over these last few months saying that I am playing top 8 at MLG good and that its a shame ppl cant see me play. I am fine not being on any top 10 list right now because I knew thats what I was giving up by commentating, and I dont believe on getting credit for "would haves" only what you have done. Those that competed deserve their accolades...

My decision is....

I AM PLAYING 100% MK ONLY! NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL AM I GOING OUT NOT PROVING THAT I AM STILL ONE OF THE VERY BEST PLAYERS IN THE MILKY WAY!

I'm going to NEC and this time I can just play and finally compete again... and this time..YOU GUYS CAN SEE IT!

PEACE BITCHES, SEE YOU IN PHILLY!

REO

Undead
Congrats on your decision Tom. IMO, you have what it takes to be the best at this game. It's just many variables come into play that get in the way like MLG not allowing you to play due to commentary, not using a top tier, and etc.

Many people have not seen the 100% full force dominant Tom but I have since MKDC and you are definitely one of the best players that will do work at NEC.

coolwhip

Noob
Congrats on your decision Tom. IMO, you have what it takes to be the best at this game. It's just many variables come into play that get in the way like MLG not allowing you to play due to commentary, not using a top tier, and etc.

Many people have not seen the 100% full force dominant Tom but I have since MKDC and you are definitely one of the best players that will do work at NEC.
I hate reading posts from REO because you can't tell if he's trolling or not.

gdf

Noob
Everyone can take turns commentating. So far the funnest non-Tom commentators I can recall are Hito, Beenees, Dogysamich, and Pig.

That's just my opinion though.