What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

Hitoshura

Head Cage
AkTiVe Le Froglet

I don't think hes bottom tier, but I also don't think he is top tier either. He is either upper mid-mid tier. I know people think I'm crazy, but I played a similar character for 2 1/2 years in MK9 and I see a lot of characteristics in Deathstroke that my main shared. Ill explain pros and cons.

***I also want to add a disclaimer that I'm no Deathstroke pro at all, but these are points I do want to share with people. TBQH I think my deathstroke is quite ass, haha.***

Pros
  • Zoning tools can hit most places on screen
  • Build Meter quickly
  • Good chip damage (Until Tuesday)
  • Good Anti Airs
  • Good Damage on his bnb's
  • f23 is +9
  • 3 is +4
  • Has a nice frame trap upclose
  • Good 50/50
  • Breaks Armored Moves
  • With great yomi can be deadly
Cons

• Zoning does not keep people out like a lot of zoners in FGS. Opponent will get in soon enough and its to deal with certain characters upclose.
  • Guns are punishable from close-midscreen distance and get punished easily
  • Standing Quick Shot is punishable on whiff
  • On hit and block quick shot DOES NOT push opponent back nor keep them at bay. They can advance every single time you land a hit no matter what
  • Not many safe strings like MOST of the cast.
  • Gets merc'd by heavy rushdown characters who are + on block with most of their strings *cough cough upper tier*
  • One bad read when opponent is close to you can equal trouble, if not death.
  • His strings are not as fast as some of the characters in the game, so punishing strings can be a bitch outside of using d1 xx sword flip and f23 xx sword flip. Although if opponent decides for some reason to immediately block after a safe or + string and you land a f23 while their blocking then good for you, lol.
  • Super Kinda sucks, lets face it lol
  • Corner damage is not much better than midscreen, but leads to nice setups. (More of neutral than con, but w/e lol)
  • Due to slow walk speed footsies are weird with DS. If this games walk speed was better DS would be better just because he be a character with great footsie tbqh.
  • Startup on trait is really slow. This makes using it when opponent is knocked down useless because they can wakeup and dash in before you can recover from activation, plus the fact that after trait has finished you gun shots will be useless for a few seconds. This makes it completely worthless in competitive play.
  • A block rifle shot and EX rifle shot grants the opponent a free dash in.
  • Rifle and EX rifles chip damage is garbage. You get a large percentage of damage from quick shot.
This is what I can think of off the top of my head. I see deathstroke anywhere between 9th-12th on a tier list. He is Upper mid-mid. There are just characters better than he is, but he is most definetley viable atm. Problem is their nerfing his chip damage and apparently MIGHT be adding more recovery on his quick shot. If that is he case for quick shot then his zoning abilities will go down :(.

I don't see myself dropping this character unless his recovery becomes ass. He is viable enough to enter a tournament with atm, but in time I do see people finding ways around him and characters have better tools in time. Only time can tell tbqh.
I posted this in another thread. Sorry for acting like a asshole, I'm just sick and tired of this demands on nerfs, when characters are fine the way they are. I played 2 1/2 yrs of competitive and saw watch complaining about nerfs gets you. Remember that lag makes characters broken and a bitch to deal with online, but in real life there no where near as busted.

Example:
MK9 Online God tier= Noob, Reptile, Raiden (Not in any order)
MK9 Offline God Tier= Kabal, Cyrax, Freddy, Kenshi, Sony, Kung Lao.

Also, the proper way to balance a fighting game is give characters tools and some nerfs here and there, not butchering them to the ground.

Amadeous

Noob
Those 3 secs grant you balls for that short period of time then disappear. Not a bad trait, at least it grants you Manhood for a short period of time.
You said you played MVC's correct?

How did you survive MVC2 if you think zoning "lacks manhood." Heard that game was all about keepaway.

Bet you complained the entire time you were playing it.

Shawi

Noob
Wow, I have been active on this forum for like a week and you guys are unreal. I have yet to see anyone who plays deathstroke say he needs to be nerfed. All death strokeplayers are down playing him like he is bottom 5.

Mikman360 yes his machine gun is pretty fast. Yes his overhead is the meterburn and boy can it catch you off guard. Yes high is a problem as it is another tool in his shed.

Amadeous 3 seconds? wow, considering the DS player is most likely full screen away, 3 seconds is nothing. At full screen his trait is not as bad as you make it out.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Wow, I have been active on this forum for like a week and you guys are unreal. I have yet to see anyone who plays deathstroke say he needs to be nerfed. All death strokeplayers are down playing him like he is bottom 5.

Mikman360 yes his machine gun is pretty fast. Yes his overhead is the meterburn and boy can it catch you off guard. Yes high is a problem as it is another tool in his shed.

Amadeous 3 seconds? wow, considering the DS player is most likely full screen away, 3 seconds is nothing. At full screen his trait is not as bad as you make it out.
Read my above post and his trait is useless. Remember Lag affects everything. I also don't down play DS because he is pretty solid.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
His machine gun is pretty fast? I should have stopped reading there. Clearly you are insane.

Likewise, I am also insane as I continued to read on. If you are getting caught off guard by MB machine gun, then god forbid someone rush you down with any sort of mixup game. You can't even get CONFUSED by it. It always hits overhead.

AkTiVe

o.o
You said you played MVC's correct?

How did you survive MVC2 if you think zoning "lacks manhood." Heard that game was all about keepaway.

Bet you complained the entire time you were playing it.
MvC2 was not a Zoning Warfare lmao. Magneto, Storm , Psylocke were all straight rushdown. Only Zoners were Cable and Sentinel. But that game had a way to deal with their bs. Air block!!

Shawi

Noob
His machine gun is pretty fast? I should have stopped reading there. Clearly you are insane.

Likewise, I am also insane as I continued to read on. If you are getting caught off guard by MB machine gun, then god forbid someone rush you down with any sort of mixup game. You can't even get CONFUSED by it. It always hits overhead.
Are you serious? You have a real attitude problem sir. When you decide to be serious and approach the thread with seriousness and respect, then think about posting back. Jesus christ!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
MvC2 was not a Zoning Warfare lmao. Magneto, Storm , Psylocke were all straight rushdown. Only Zoners were Cable and Sentinel. But that game had a way to deal with their bs. Air block!!
Are you suggesting there's no way to deal with DS's keepaway?
Block > Dash
Jump ins
Air projectiles
Teleports

I think you just cannot accept the fact that a keepaway style character is ALLOWED to be good at keepaway. Not everything has to be rushdown. In fact, I find pure rushdown boring.

Its not just about the hardcore gamer. Its about the casual gamer too, when you play online and all you see is deathstroke spaming you with guns its gonna turn off the average gamer and you will see it being sold back to gamestop. Imo this game has too many zoners

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Are you serious? You have a real attitude problem sir. When you decide to be serious and approach the thread with seriousness and respect, then think about posting back. Jesus christ!
Reason we are so up tight is because we all experienced this crap in MK9. I experienced it with Noob and people experienced it with Kano, rain, etc. Characters got nerfed that did not deserve to get nerfed and the real problems were characters that were not fleshed out yet. A patch this early will only lead to more problems in the future.

The best way of handling DS other the reading the pros and cons I listed above is to get into the DS players mind. Make him play by your rules and not by his. A little yomi goes a long way.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Its not just about the hardcore gamer. Its about the casual gamer too, when you play online and all you see is deathstroke spaming you with guns its gonna turn off the average gamer and you will see it being sold back to gamestop. Imo this game has too many zoners
Read the Bill Cosby quote I put on the previous page. You know what, I'm putting it in my signature.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I can beat DS with Bane.

Your argument is invalid.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

Have you PLAYED UMvC3? I love zoning characters, and I STILL think that game had quite a bunch. MODOK, Deadpool, Morrigan, Arthur, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider just to name a few pure zoners. Then we've got guys like Magneto, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, and Hsein-Ko who can't dedicate their game to keepaway, but can certainly do it.

What does this game have? Cyborg, DS, and Sinestro. Black Adam and Green Arrow can do keepaway, they can't dedicate their lives to it.

I'll post back when I want to.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Those 3 secs grant you balls for that short period of time then disappear. Not a bad trait, at least it grants you Manhood for a short period of time.
If you can't even react to his million frame start-up on the trait, then yes. Keep complainign about the guns 'cause at this point the problem is your reaction time and your judgement.

And LMAO double damage. GTFO of here. You don't know jack SHIT about what you're saying. Have you even spent 5 minutes in training to at LEAST SEE what he is capable of? Nope, easier to take 30 seconds to post and complain about it.

If you're so experienced in fighting games then why do you act like a complete fucking scrub?

Shawi

Noob
Reason we are so up tight is because we all experienced this crap in MK9. I experienced it with Noob and people experienced it with Kano, rain, etc. Characters got nerfed that did not deserve to get nerfed and the real problems were characters that were not fleshed out yet. A patch this early will only lead to more problems in the future.
Man, I played sub, and boy do I know how you feel. But this DS guy is too much. Although I guess with time we will all learn to deal with him.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Here is that Cosby quote again because in my frustration I forgot how to update my signature, lol.

"I don't know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Here is that Cosby quote again because in my frustration I forgot how to update my signature, lol.

"I don't know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
You can't update sigs anymore.

Man, I played sub, and boy do I know how you feel. But this DS guy is too much. Although I guess with time we will all learn to deal with him.
People can out zone him.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
If you can't even react to his million frame start-up on the trait, then yes. Keep complainign about the guns 'cause at this point the problem is your reaction time and your judgement.

And LMAO double damage. GTFO of here. You don't know jack SHIT about what you're saying. Have you even spent 5 minutes in training to at LEAST SEE what he is capable of? Nope, easier to take 30 seconds to post and complain about it.

If you're so experienced in fighting games then why do you act like a complete fucking scrub?
Dam lol. I wish I was capable of this kind of verbalization.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
At this point, I don't know any mediocre player who hasn't. Seriously, level the fuck up.
You are overreacting. I don't understand the thought process behind immediately insulting someone instead of attempting to help them through it.

I'm not sure if you're ready for the Stroke.

AkTiVe

o.o

DS is on some other level of broken. I had no problem with MSP, Akuma, Kabal but DS is just plain stupid. not all characters have air dash, to somewhat deal with him. and yes, I did not do my homework on his trait because there's no point in learning him, Zoning seems very boring to me. Have fun in that corner tho.