What's new

The DEAD SPACE Thread <3.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
My experience? Oh just 100%'ing every game so far ;)

I don't get scared by games, but I do get immersed in them to a point where after I played the game there was this month period where if I saw some bug on the ground I would fucking Issac curb stomp it
This, but add the scared factor into it with me freaking out at said bug, screaming at the top of my lungs and stomping it to a puddle of bug juice. I don't usually get scared in general, but man these games get to me baaaad haha. I wish I 100% the first one lol, now I lost it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm starting a 3'rd playthrough on regular difficulty for the Maxed Out & Plasma Cutter trophies, then it's Impossible time.

It's not jump out of your flesh scary, but it's creepy and unnerving as FUCK.
There's something nerve-wracking about having to literally tear apart not just your enemies, but the corpses and victims in their wake to pieces just keep from getting eaten.
Dr. Mercer was the fucking worst. That guy alone creeped me out more than anything on the ship.
The religious undertones were really fucked up, if only because if humanity were to ever become that advanced, I could easily see some off-beat cult grown out of control pulling a stunt like that and damning us all.

FUCK YOU, KENDRA.

Gimmick

Noob
Just recently got into the games, I played part 1 and loved every minute of it. I enjoyed it so much that i got the platinum for the game. I just bought part 2, hope it's as good. Dead Space 3 trailer was kinda of a let down for me, it didnt seem to have that survival horror feeling.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Make us whole again....
I felt so fucking bad for Isaac :(.
All he wanted to do was save his pixie blonde lady and get the fuck away from that Marker, but no, no no no...

Oddly enough, I was more scared when something seemed quiet. Whenever other humans around I was a little more reluctant to go on. Necromorphs I can handle.
Chapter 10. The laughing lady. Jesus friggin' christmas.

And the audio logs...THOSE were just fucked.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I felt so fucking bad for Isaac :(.
All he wanted to do was save his pixie blonde lady and get the fuck away from that Marker, but no, no no no...

Man all that and he STILL GETS BONED HAHA

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Just recently got into the games, I played part 1 and loved every minute of it. I enjoyed it so much that i got the platinum for the game. I just bought part 2, hope it's as good. Dead Space 3 trailer was kinda of a let down for me, it didnt seem to have that survival horror feeling.
I think the more they expand the story, the more they'll have to account for the rest of humanity that's gonna have to deal with the Morphs & the Marker, so having to up the human populus of the game is inevitable, but I have faith they'll be enough claustrophobic mindfucking and corpse-filled hallways to atone for it :D.
I <3 the sidekick idea. It'll be nice to finally have someone else to keep me company and be just as disturbed as I am.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Man all that and he STILL GETS BONED HAHA
It's like I said yesterday, the minute hallucinations and stir crazy madness came into play, and the more I heard "Make us whole again," the more I started to think to myself "This chick is already dead, and I'm gonna get all the way to the end of this fucking thing, uncover the conspiracy, kill EVERYTHING, and some asshole is gonna put the screws to me and reveal the truth in the worst way possible." Goddammit, the only thing wrong with that ending was that I didn't get to put the boots to that traitorous bitch myself :(.

Also: The Flame Thrower SUCKED.
Out of all the tools and toys in DS1, that's the only one that really pissed me off.
The Contact Beam was great against big fuckers, the Force Shotgun obliterated the bugs, the Ripper was just FUN <3, the Pulse Rifle was the best from long-range if you're shooting at Exploders or trying to save Plasma ammo, and the Line Gun was probably 2'nd best in the game with the Mine+Stasis combo, but I couldn't find one practical use for the Flame Thrower that another gun didn't serve better. The ammo ran out way too fast, took too long to kill, and the secondary fire was pretty much useless.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Scariest moment for me was when you heard the chick singing "twinkle Twinkle Litte Star". JESUS, I spent like 15-20 minutes contemplating if I should go on or not, only to find out I had to go the other way first.

Sorry I'm writing in little bursts, the MLG stream in on atm.

Gimmick

Noob
I havent played part 2, but my friend says part 1 is immensely better than part 2. Whatchya guys think?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It's like I said yesterday, the minute hallucinations and stir crazy madness came into play, and the more I heard "Make us whole again," the more I started to think to myself "This chick is already dead, and I'm gonna get all the way to the end of this fucking thing, uncover the conspiracy, kill EVERYTHING, and some asshole is gonna put the screws to me and reveal the truth in the worst way possible." Goddammit, the only thing wrong with that ending was that I didn't get to put the boots to that traitorous bitch myself :(.

Also: The Flame Thrower SUCKED.
Out of all the tools and toys in DS1, that's the only one that really pissed me off.
Completely agreed man, I couldn't believe I didn't get to handle her myself haha. As far as tools I didn't like I hated the flamethrower and the ripper (I know it has it's uses and looked cool but, meh I didn't like it.)

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
The asteroid shooting "minigame" was my most frustrating gaming experience to date. I failed it so much that I took a break from the game, but then I decided to give it a few more tries and I made it :eek:.

I was also shocked when they

____________spoiler alert_____________

disposed of a certain individual... it was blasphemy, it was madness I tell ya!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The asteroid shooting "minigame" was my most frustrating gaming experience to date. I failed it so much that I took a break from the game, but then I decided to give it a few more tries and I made it :eek:.
I am fucking terrible at that thing. Idk how the hell I'm gonna manage that trophy.

Scariest moment for me was when you heard the chick singing "twinkle Twinkle Litte Star". JESUS, I spent like 15-20 minutes contemplating if I should go on or not, only to find out I had to go the other way first.
I was playing in the dark in a house of sleeping people when I first reached that.
Only part of the campaign when I genuinely thought the game was making me trip out.
Ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Completely agreed man, I couldn't believe I didn't get to handle her myself haha. As far as tools I didn't like I hated the flamethrower and the ripper (I know it has it's uses and looked cool but, meh I didn't like it.)
The Ripper was weird, definitely...on the plus, cutting aliens to shreds with a fucking power saw is immensely satisfying, but it left you WIDE open to attack, the range was really odd depending on where you were trying to aim, and the secondary fire was unnecessary as you already had enough projectiles at your disposal.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Huge DS fan. I keep meaning to do a rerun through all of them in a row again (Extraction and Mobile included). Doing DS2 on Hardcore was one of the most intense gaming experiences I've had! Used my last save way too early so lots of sketchy bits towards the end, when I finally made it through I was shaking with adrenaline haha!

So far DS3 looks not so good though =[ But I'll wait for more information before I make a true judgement. I don't really think the games are that scary, it's more just quick frights with the occasional suspenseful area, but still, the whole coop thing does seem to ruin the atmosphere a bit imo. Dig the new guys mask though! Unfortunately that's my favourite part of what I've seen so far haha.

Oh and Lexine better play a part in this game! She seems like she is so much more important to the overall plot than even Isaac is, but they just haven't revealed all that much about her role in all of it.

I havent played part 2, but my friend says part 1 is immensely better than part 2. Whatchya guys think?
The second one improved on the gameplay quite a bit. I personally thought it was pretty much the same but bigger, but I guess I can kind of see why someone would prefer 1. I personally don't have a preference of either, I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. It's definitely worth a play if you liked the first one.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Huge DS fan. I keep meaning to do a rerun through all of them in a row again (Extraction and Mobile included). Doing DS2 on Hardcore was one of the most intense gaming experiences I've had! Used my last save way too early so lots of sketchy bits towards the end, when I finally made it through I was shaking with adrenaline haha!

So far DS3 looks not so good though =[ But I'll wait for more information before I make a true judgement. I don't really think the games are that scary, it's more just quick frights with the occasional suspenseful area, but still, the whole coop thing does seem to ruin the atmosphere a bit imo. Dig the new guys mask though! Unfortunately that's my favourite part of what I've seen so far haha.

Oh and Lexine better play a part in this game! She seems like she is so much more important to the overall plot than even Isaac is, but they just haven't revealed all that much about her role in all of it.
Oh fuck. DS2 is the game with that trophy?
I'd heard tale a while back of a horror game with an insane trophy that only allowed you a teeny amount of saves on the entirety of your run, I completely forgot THIS was that game.

I'm gonna need snacks. Many, many snacks.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do

I was pretty scared at the beginning of Chapter 2, when she gives you the Kinesis Mod, or the guy banging he's head on the wall, the chick doing som sort've surgery. Hell, I was even scarecd when you were in the captain's room with the black dood.

What was Necromorph did you hate the most?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!

Yeah. That reverberation sound? Continues throughout the whole game. I love that sound. So ominous and....powerful. Whats even better is about 5 seconds after the video ends, the Regenerator comes back. Bigger and badder than ever.
^^^Im just going to show you guys my favourite part of the Dead Space series. Lt. Box this was the Chapter 14 part i was telling you about in Dead Space 2.

Anyways, imo the best gun loadouts for both games are:

DS1:

Plasma Cutter for general purpose
Pulse Rifle for long-distance or precision fire
Force Gun for crowd control
Contact Beam for bosses/some enhanced (black) enemies.

Force gun was all-powerful in this game. Pushback, massive damage, massive spread, basically functioned as a 12 guage shotgun in a zombie apocalypse. Best for all necros.

DS2:

Plasma Cutter for general purpose
Pulse Rifle for long-distance or precision fire
Ripper for crowd control
Contact Beam for bosses/some enhanced (black) enemies.

Ripper is even better in this game than what the Force gun was in DS1. One blade was guaranteed to dismember limbs on all necros almost immediately when fully upgraded. Worked wonders against the Ubermorph.

I also give points to the Javelin gun for epic coolness. Hanging necros off the walls was fun as hell.

Lastly. Fucking Stalkers. Who loved them in DS2? I know i did

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
best gun loadouts:

Plasma Cutter
Contact Beam (dont use for the actual weapon, just collect the ammo for this and sell it...its the worth the most)

Thats for each Dead Space. No real reason to use the other weapons...other than the lulz and achieveables.