What's new

The DEAD SPACE Thread <3.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Goddammit Box buy the game so i can talk freely lol

Lolz. Soon. Very soon.
Don't mind me, I'm sure there's enough to that game that I won't care much either way for the few bits and pieces I'm already aware of beforehand.

Just so I know...Nicole's gonna cause me a LOT of problems, isn't she...

...Why does EVERY awesome video game protagonist have to succumb to the pitfalls of a woman?
Kratos, Liu Kang, Adam Jensen, Serge from Chrono Cross, now Isaac too...sonofabitch.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I forget this part. :/ I forgot most of the deaths, I have to replay this asap.
I just got through Chapter 2 again, and I'm with you on Guy Banging Head On Wall being S+ Tier fucked up.

I didn't realize until I went back through the medical wing and realized for the first time that I was surrounded by green-gelled cells of test tube infants that the Stalkers, who I previously didn't overthink past shooting them to bits, are mutated babies.

Chills in my spine were had.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I don't get a mention... after I talked about it with you last night!?

You sir, wound me.
I knew I was forgetting someone :(. I even went through my alerts and completely forgot that's what we were talking about.

Also, the scariest moments for me were probably when I went to check out those bathrooms toward the beginning of the game. After you've only seen like one or two necromorphs. I was soooo scared when walking around in those things looking for ammo and other lootz. lol
Everytime I walked into a bathroom, I'd get flashbacks of the mirror scene in Doom 3.
I'd always take easy steps in expecting a beast to jump out of a stall and cut my head off.
The beginning ones when all the lights go out and you've gotta walk out in pitch-black darkness were definitely the worst...

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Have you played Dante's Inferno? Now those were some tits.
Okay, i've played alot of gory games, i've watched alot of violent TV. Hell, the shit they put on Tosh.0 nowadays doesnt bother me. But THAT bothered me. That was fucked up.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Okay, i've played alot of gory games, i've watched alot of violent TV. Hell, the shit they put on Tosh.0 nowadays doesnt bother me. But THAT bothered me. That was fucked up.
What part? Her tits, or me complimenting her tits?

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Did you ever meets Aphrodite and her servants in God Of War 3?

THOSE, my friends, were some tits.

Oh my god, if that wasn't the best minigame in the history of EVER.
How does Harley feel about this post?

I haven't played any GOW, haven't really had any interest in it. Maybe I will now. ;)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Maaaaaaaaaan, I really wanna play Dead Space 1 now. But I don't have it... the first time I played through it I rented it. Second time, I bought it used from gamestop and when I got to chapter 9 it froze in the same elevator every time. So I sold it back to gamestop lol.

=/

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Is Dead Space available on PS3? I remember watching DeadSpace: DownFall and I thought it was one of the sikkkkest animateds I ever seen.....and probably scarier than 95% of LIVE-ACTION movies I have seen in my life. Space is scary enough....but to imagine creatures like THAT existing. Fuck you, Space.

How does Harley feel about this post?I haven't played any GOW, haven't really had any interest in it. Maybe I will now. ;)
OMG Son, U don't know what you are missing....you need to play GOW 1,2,3...in order especially if you liked Devil May Cry series and/or Rygar. AMAZING shit. These are all games you can't judge accordingly until you 100% each of them respectively.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
How does Harley feel about this post?

I haven't played any GOW, haven't really had any interest in it. Maybe I will now. ;)
The only game in the history of me in the same tier as MK (with DS likely to be its third occupant once I play the rest of the series); Not a bad game in the series, epic story, epic gameplay from front to back, OVER THE TOP violence on an astronomical scale, smooth and sensible transitions from game to game (especially the prequels, which fill in all the missing pieces from the 3 console titles), there are few other games that make you feel like part of the story like GOW does.
1 sets the stage for the things to come, 2 gets you good and pissed off in anticipation of 3, Chains (the 1'st prequel) helps explain how Kratos ended up in his situation in the first place, 3 - even though some people weren't crazy about how it ended - was as huge and gratifying a bloody climax as could've been hoped for, and Ghost (the 2'nd prequel) explains why everyone decided they wanted our pal Kratos dead to begin with.

And if you were to ever intertwine Harley and the servants of Aphrodite, I could die happy. I really could.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Is Dead Space available on PS3? I remember watching DeadSpace: DownFall and I thought it was one of the sikkkkest animateds I ever seen.....and probably scarier than 95% of LIVE-ACTION movies I have seen in my life. Space is scary enough....but to imagine creatures like THAT existing. Fuck you, Space.

OMG Son, U don't know what you are missing....you need to play GOW 1,2,3...in order especially if you liked Devil May Cry series and/or Rygar. AMAZING shit. These are all games you can't judge accordingly until you 100% each of them respectively.
FUCK THAT REMINDS ME I HAVE NETFLIX
And I know for a fact that Downfall is in my queue.
Now I've played and can finally watch the fucking thing without fear of spoiling the surprises.
#Scaryasfuckswag

Squeaker101 Enenra Mikemetroid Joker8417 SunnyD

A thread dedicated to the disgusting, glorious adventures and horrible, HORRIBLE misfortunes of our favorite hard-luck space engineer, Isaac Clarke.

Tell your stories, friends. How was YOUR experience on the Ishimura?
one of the best survival horrors ever for sure, and dead space 3 will have coop :), tis game just keeps getting better. I always hated how the necromorphs jumped out of vents in the first dead space, that stuff scared me lol.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
FUCK THAT REMINDS ME I HAVE NETFLIX
And I know for a fact that Downfall is in my queue.
Now I've played and can finally watch the fucking thing without fear of spoiling the surprises.
#Scaryasfuckswag
LMAO You could have watched it BEFORE u played part 1....it's a prequel to the games and leaves off right where the 1st game starts.

The only game in the history of me in the same tier as MK ...........
SNIP

Devil May Cry. 'Nuff Said

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
LMAO You could have watched it BEFORE u played part 1....it's a prequel to the games and leaves off right where the 1st game starts.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...so you mean I'll get to see whatever it was Nicole did that she was talking about in the intro?

I'm all about figuring out stories, so finally getting to see where it started will be fantastic.

A little herbal remedy, some pretzels melted in cheese, and it's off to space...DEAD space.

(See what I did there? That was me failing terribly at being funny.)

Enenra

Go to hell.
Lt. Box Thanks for the tag

Hard core and Impossible champion right here. One of the few games where I make the effort to unlock EVERYTHING and try and beat the game on the hardest difficulty with the most obscure weapons. DS1 scares me baaaaaad, and DS2 is just so fucking fun. Working on a no save zealot play through with seeker rifle only for summer break, so far so good.

So excited for DS3. I fucking love this franchise.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Lt. Box Thanks for the tag

Hard core and Impossible champion right here. One of the few games where I make the effort to unlock EVERYTHING and try and beat the game on the hardest difficulty with the most obscure weapons. DS1 scares me baaaaaad, and DS2 is just so fucking fun. Working on a no save zealot play through with seeker rifle only for summer break, so far so good.

So excited for DS3. I fucking love this franchise.
how the fuck did you beat it on the hardest difficulty with limited saves? I always screw up and save in a bad spot... or die at the damn upside from the train part. =/

Enenra

Go to hell.
how the fuck did you beat it on the hardest difficulty with limited saves? I always screw up and save in a bad spot... or die at the damn upside from the train part. =/
Here was my strategy for the first two times I beat it:

Move slowly, and try to keep your weapon drawn as much as possible. Find hallways or walls you can press your back against, and funnel them towards you. Use only the plasma cutter and javelin. After you initially have the option to buy the javelin and get to a bench for the first time, buy as many nodes as you can and hold off on the javelin. I upgraded the plasma cutter's damage to max, but you can upgrade whatever you feel needs it. I never used nodes on additional health or stasis. However, the next time you go to a store buy the javelin. Don't use any of it's ammo at all yet, just collect ammo as you progress. When your inventory has ridiculous amounts of javelin ammo, don't sell it, move it to your inventory. When your plasma cutter has max damage upgrades, then use all of your nodes to upgrade javelin base and alternate damage. Try and save enough money at all times for the next suit, barring an ammo or health crisis. When you get to the Ishimura (chapter 10), you should have enough ammo (and your javelin's damage and alt fire fully upgraded) to use the javelin and only the javelin for the remainder of the game. Most enemies will be one shot, but on black necros and brutes you need to shoot it and then use the alt fire. Don't worry about letting the electrocution animation ride out, switch targets and when you let your next javelin fly the previous one will explode. Fully upgraded javelin rounds into the explosion dismember brutes in one well placed shot into explosion. For the last levels, spend all your money on javelin ammo and a little bit to buy health and sprint past enemies while still killing them with the javelin. The explosion from the javelin also completely dismembers the regenerator, so he is fairly easy. For the final boss, strafe her and pump javelins and alt fire explosions into her, ignore the little necros. When the marker lets you shoot it, pump javelins and explosion. It will die quickly.

As for the train part, if your damage is upgraded solidly on the plasma cutter you'll be ok. Don't worry about wasting ammo, just hammer out shots.

On xbox, the disc change is a free save. If you die, you automatically go back to the chapter where you had to switch discs. I saved right before the fight in the church of unitology where the leapers are crawling down the wall and boomers ambush you. Then I saved on the level where you have to blow up a fuel tank while an infinite amount of tripods are ambushing you. My last save I used on the final level, just after you fight the regenerator and get away.

As for finding the time, take a nap late in the day. That night, when no one can bother you, just straight up play the game from like 8pm till you beat it. Get some food, drank, and in a party with your bros and you'll have a pretty good time :) I know I did

Hope this helps.

aj1701

Noob
I really like the game, but I stopped playing at the asteroids mini game. I kept getting really close to beating it, the lose. I suck.