What's new

The DEAD SPACE Thread <3.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
best gun loadouts:

Plasma Cutter
Contact Beam (dont use for the actual weapon, just collect the ammo for this and sell it...its the worth the most)

Thats for each Dead Space. No real reason to use the other weapons...other than the lulz and achieveables.
I like using 4 guns. more variety, more preparedness
Were those the babies? I didn't mind them in Single player, but in Multiplayer I hated them. (could never shoot them)
naw those are the Raptor things that hide behind cover then charge you with the most ungodly of screeches.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Lastly. Fucking Stalkers. Who loved them in DS2? I know i did
Don't even get me started on Stalkers. First time I encountered them I was so confused cause they'd charge me and run, by the time I found out to use Stasis most of my life was already gone. And to make matters worse, they moved to quickly for me that I'd use half my Stasis on one of them and the next would kill me. :/ They weren't so hard once you finally got a hang of it though.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Don't even get me started on Stalkers. First time I encountered them I was so confused cause they'd charge me and run, by the time I found out to use Stasis most of my life was already gone. And to make matters worse, they moved to quickly for me that I'd use half my Stasis on one of them and the next would kill me. :/ They weren't so hard once you finally got a hang of it though.
Yea but they were cool. Freaky scary cool.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Oh fuck. DS2 is the game with that trophy?
I'd heard tale a while back of a horror game with an insane trophy that only allowed you a teeny amount of saves on the entirety of your run, I completely forgot THIS was that game.

I'm gonna need snacks. Many, many snacks.
Oh yeah it's this game haha! I can understand people not liking the idea because occasionally BS deaths do happen, but hardcore mode just makes it so intense, such a cool idea. I hope they didn't listen to the people who fussed over it (don't like it then don't play it) and the new one has it again.

^^^Im just going to show you guys my favourite part of the Dead Space series.
This is what I mean about sketchy bits. I died on that so much on my initial play throughs, so was shitting myself almost as much as Isaac when he's in there. And then that's like the final run of the game after that... getting chased. Aaaaaaaaaah! Then the last boss, and then that tiny bit at the end where it's so unlikely you'll die but you still know there is that tiny chance you might mess up. Such a rush!

I also give points to the Javelin gun for epic coolness. Hanging necros off the walls was fun as hell.

Lastly. Fucking Stalkers. Who loved them in DS2? I know i did
Seriously, Javelin Gun was a saviour in the last bit. All about the upgrade to blow shit up with the javelins. And stalkers, those were the velociraptor type things weren't they? They were pretty frustrating at times but those bits were quite fun. I like setting up mines and luring them out haha.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Force gun is this game's shotgun...

again not saying that the weapons are bad you just don't need them lol...except the flamethrower that is garbage.
Yeah, thats why the One Gun achievement is so easy. Plasma Cutter works in every situation. Its just that other guns work better and i like to use them.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Also, the scariest moments for me were probably when I went to check out those bathrooms toward the beginning of the game. After you've only seen like one or two necromorphs. I was soooo scared when walking around in those things looking for ammo and other lootz. lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I never carry more than two weapons either.

Anyone ever gather up as many of those little green crates as you could find and try to stomp them all at once to see how many you could open with one stomp? lmao ...

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I never carry more than two weapons either.

Anyone ever gather up as many of those little green crates as you could find and try to stomp them all at once to see how many you could open with one stomp? lmao ...
No but what I would do is that in Zero G areas I would pull them with the telekinesis ( only partially so that it would just fly over to me ) and then punch/stomp it when it came to me like a boss.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Lt. Box, SunnyD

Well, the "dance" is something I made up. When you have 4 different weapons just keep selecting between them a little fast and Issac just kinda bounces up and down. Its not really a dance, just funny.
YES. The Weapon Cycle Waltz.
You can almost hear him saying "I'ma so happy, got lots of guns, to kill me some aliens, oh shit a Brute must run."

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
What was your favourite death scene guys?

Im pretty undecided but Stross' death is pretty violent. Screwdriver to the temple...ouch