What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Not diggin the shirt, not diggin the glasses, not diggin the chest high bell bottoms, not diggin THAT fro. A fro, yes... but not like that. The dance is cool though. :D

If you can't appreciate the beauty of disco & funk apparel clearly you made the right choice by sticking with Christie and Eddie.

Since you can't respect that mans magnanimous charm, I got six words for you:

:DOGE

42nd? I can't play on stick :(

Man, I cannot wait for this game! I know SF5 is first so I'll get it to hold me off, But Tekken fundamentally represents everything that A fighting game should consist of [IMO]. Also, like SF5... the Online will work. No getting punished for attempting to punish something correctly according to what you see on your screen. No fucking 10+ frames of input lag destroying every single defensive option that a fighting game has to offer.

All I need now is any Chang, preferably with Mad Axes [even though the oki won't be as strong as in previous games due to no more refloats] Wind rolls & ISW's <3
Do you play on PC? Been looking for some sparring partners for SF, Tekken, Guilty gear Xrd, etc.

Yeah Steve's ducking is crazy in this game, not sure what they changed about it but I have seen a lot of situations where ducking does stupid stuff.

I forgot to update you guys on the runback, we ended up playing first game of the tournament and I managed to win that barely 3-2 overall but very close games. I get up to say good games and she storms off. Im basically in the doghouse for winning but if I lose, I gotta "hold dat" WTF do I do lol?

Edit: Just saw the Jin gif, wow

Yo add Color Money for sf games. I'm really thinking about getting xrd even though I got it on ps4. Does it run well on pc, mine is average I think?
Depends on your specs. You can look it up on can i run it and it should tell you. Yeah, if you know anyone who plays these games on pc then lmk.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah Steve's ducking is crazy in this game, not sure what they changed about it but I have seen a lot of situations where ducking does stupid stuff.

I forgot to update you guys on the runback, we ended up playing first game of the tournament and I managed to win that barely 3-2 overall but very close games. I get up to say good games and she storms off. Im basically in the doghouse for winning but if I lose, I gotta "hold dat" WTF do I do lol?
Invite her home for some "Casuals" who knows where it might end?

Edit: Just saw the Jin gif, wow
F'ing Jin... in Tekken 7 man. That is not all on why i keep saying, but the pletora of things he can do, oh man.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Screwed up watched some Matches. Harada please just release it to consoles. please. Like how bad do they expect profits to drop if they did a simultaneous console release. The only place it'd really affect are the scenes without arcades. If he's worried about cannibalizing Ono, I'll buy SFV and T7!!!! We need to get the signature of everyone who would buy day 1. Then just constantly give him little fake checks with their names. Ship it to his house. Present some at tournaments. When he's eating out. Like he has all this hype (even more with the T7 update) and no real way to capitalize on it. More countries than Japan and Korea want Tekken. It's like watching a musician with so much potential fuck around and do drugs or some shit. Just fuck up their whole life plan with one bad decision. Tekken is the chris brown of fighting games.

On that note, who are some good Lucky Chloe, Law, and Hwoarang players? Are the players on taktak youtube channel great/known players or just high ranked dudes or any skill level?

I know that this is gonna be fixed (Eddy mentioned this in another thread) but I am so salty, I would be wrecking everybody with this.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Screwed up watched some Matches. Harada please just release it to consoles. please. Like how bad do they expect profits to drop if they did a simultaneous console release. The only place it'd really affect are the scenes without arcades. If he's worried about cannibalizing Ono, I'll buy SFV and T7!!!! We need to get the signature of everyone who would buy day 1. Then just constantly give him little fake checks with their names. Ship it to his house. Present some at tournaments. When he's eating out. Like he has all this hype (even more with the T7 update) and no real way to capitalize on it. More countries than Japan and Korea want Tekken. It's like watching a musician with so much potential fuck around and do drugs or some shit. Just fuck up their whole life plan with one bad decision. Tekken is the chris brown of fighting games.

On that note, who are some good Lucky Chloe, Law, and Hwoarang players? Are the players on taktak youtube channel great/known players or just high ranked dudes or any skill level?
Lucky Chloe and Law i don't know any as for Hwoarang look for Super Hwoarang and MaDogJin these dudes play Hwoarang since Tekken 3.

Also, Taktak and Nobasin Channel are for the entire Korea Scene, there is a mix in between ranked, but some of them are really known high level tekken players.

If you're looking for good players in specific check those.
Help me (Paul, Law)
Knee (Multiple Chars, but is mains are Bryan and all the michimas)
Choksae (best Kazuya of the world)
JDCR (Heihachi main)
MBC (King player)
Super Hwoarang (Hwoarang)
Bug King (Yoshimitsu main)
Hao (Feng)
Justice (Paul)
Shiho (One of the best fengs)
Anyone can play Shaheen and do good.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Lucky Chloe and Law i don't know any as for Hwoarang look for Super Hwoarang and MaDogJin these dudes play Hwoarang since Tekken 3.

Also, Taktak and Nobasin Channel are for the entire Korea Scene, there is a mix in between ranked, but some of them are really known high level tekken players.

If you're looking for good players in specific check those.
Help me (Paul, Law)
Knee (Multiple Chars, but is mains are Bryan and all the michimas)
Choksae (best Kazuya of the world)
JDCR (Heihachi main)
MBC (King player)
Super Hwoarang (Hwoarang)
Bug King (Yoshimitsu main)
Hao (Feng)
Justice (Paul)
Shiho (One of the best fengs)
Anyone can play Shaheen and do good.
Thanks for this. I knew some of those names(America getting bodied in tekken). Just watched MBC with the command grab comebacks. I think I'd end up throwing my controller if I someone did giant swing towards a wall on me. There's some LC players here and there on taktak. I havent seen nobasin channel.

"I don't know any law players:(" "Help me(Paul, Law):eek:. Oh Eddy playing with my emotions:rolleyes:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Would the tekken community Ever do a smash and start playing tekken 3 (or 5, whichever all the nostalgic OGs think is cooler)?

Was there ever a point america (or a not japan/korea country), was thought to be up there in highest level of play?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Odd set of questions.

How do you break King's floor grab where he grabs your feet? Can you break the wall grab? How do you break Law's ff3+4 knee lift grab? Is there a follow up to it?

Anyone know all of LC's option out of her forward roll? All of her options out of the 1! 2! 3! low kick dance stance thing? That last looks to just be punishable on block but then I saw Jeondding(First LC player I happen to see on taktak channel that I'm now following) immediately cancel it into a mid kick before the counting.

Does every character have a non rage art no animation having armor move?

Would the tekken community Ever do a smash and start playing tekken 3 (or 5, whichever all the nostalgic OGs think is cooler)?
On anything other than a very small scale, almost definitely not.

In games like Smash (and many 'traditional' FG series like Street Fighter as well tbh), there are a fair few game mechanics that don't carry over to the sequels, and that means that there are still parts of their metagame to explore even when the sequel comes out. That's one reason why Melee is still popular to this day.

Tekken, by contrast, generally takes the previous game wholesale, and simply builds upon it. Games like Tekken 3 seemed amazing at the time, but if you play it now, it'll just feel like a highly watered down, poorly balanced version of Tekken 7 (or even Tekken 6!) Tekken 4 is a notable exception to this, but thanks to ridiculous wall infinites and exceedingly poor balance, the vast majority of Tekken players have no desire to revisit that game.

That said, I can see TTT2 remaining popular until long after Tekken 7 has had a console release, simply because of its enormous cast, the vast metagame surrounding the tag mechanics and tag combos, and not to mention bound which won't be returning (for better or worse) - that game could probably keep you preoccupied for over half a decade if you were dedicated enough to it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
On anything other than a very small scale, almost definitely not.

In games like Smash (and many 'traditional' FG series like Street Fighter as well tbh), there are a fair few game mechanics that don't carry over to the sequels, and that means that there are still parts of their metagame to explore even when the sequel comes out. That's one reason why Melee is still popular to this day.

Tekken, by contrast, generally takes the previous game wholesale, and simply builds upon it. Games like Tekken 3 seemed amazing at the time, but if you play it now, it'll just feel like a highly watered down, poorly balanced version of Tekken 7 (or even Tekken 6!) Tekken 4 is a notable exception to this, but thanks to ridiculous wall infinites and exceedingly poor balance, the vast majority of Tekken players have no desire to revisit that game.

That said, I can see TTT2 remaining popular until long after Tekken 7 has had a console release, simply because of its enormous cast, the vast metagame surrounding the tag mechanics and tag combos, and not to mention bound which won't be returning (for better or worse) - that game could probably keep you preoccupied for over half a decade if you were dedicated enough to it.
True that the games just build upon themselves but it seems like they don't build upon themselves right. That T3 and T5 were the "most tekken" tekkens and T6 and T7 took some steps backwards or sideways. Of course this is all personal preference but if the older tekken have flaws that outweigh the pros that's fine. I'm still enjoying new tekken so it's all good. Just sometimes the outlook doesn't look too good.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Can I tell by the hands or is it a guess like his chain grabs? Speaking of, is there a trick to make breaking them easier?
You have to guess on reaction. When you see that low grabbing animation starting and hear that growl hurry and push the escape. The more you see it the more your reaction to escape speeds up. There's really no trick than to just hurry and escape. In T7 you'll need to learn the specific escapes against King, but against most other characters either button will break most grabs since many have only standard grabs and one unique.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You have to guess on reaction. When you see that low grabbing animation starting and hear that growl hurry and push the escape. The more you see it the more your reaction to escape speeds up. There's really no trick than to just hurry and escape. In T7 you'll need to learn the specific escapes against King, but against most other characters either button will break most grabs since many have only standard grabs and one unique.
Any answers to my other questions?