What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Looks like Tokido will be fine without Capos, the Murder Face will be all up in this shit!

Marketing wise, this is exactly what Namco needed to do. Hype wise, this is exactly what Namco needed to do. Was always thinking how to convince SF players to try out this fundamentally super solid franchise... this should make that so much easier.

Would of been hype for the new graphics and fits alone, this shit was OD as fuck!

Here's that 1080...

Went to sleep hype, woke up hype. Not hype for the wait, but still... Did not expect to be this impressed with the "reveal".

Leather face coming out looking like a fucking clown, a straight up joke that looked so lame, people questioned if it was even real... Akuma comes out looking like a fuckin boss! Well done.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Not to mention of all guest characters to have a Street Fighter character is the best possible ones because Harada and Ono are close friends. Harada would use Akuma to his greatest possiblity within the world that he had created. It wouldn't be hamfisted like Jason or Darth Vader, it would be a legitimate crossover the way they're meant to be.
This is so true. None of that NoRaiCho shit when everyone is clamoring for Noob, Fujin, Sindel, Sareena, Rain, and Smoke! Or Learherface and Alien when most people were willing to accept Spawn. You want a guest? Here's MUTHAFUCKIN AKUMA bitch!!!!!

Seriously, could there have been a better guest character possible? Akira from VF maybe? Ryu? I'm having a hard time picturing who the hell could actually be a better choice lol.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
So, this is why sidesteps were nerfed for this game, I'm alright with it, zoning in this game might be actually fun! :D

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
This is so true. None of that NoRaiCho shit when everyone is clamoring for Noob, Fujin, Sindel, Sareena, Rain, and Smoke! Or Learherface and Alien when most people were willing to accept Spawn. You want a guest? Here's MUTHAFUCKIN AKUMA bitch!!!!!

Seriously, could there have been a better guest character possible? Akira from VF maybe? Ryu? I'm having a hard time picturing who the hell could actually be a better choice lol.
I literally cannot think of a better choice.

BTW... Kazumi's command backdash is Akuma's backwards teleport animation. Cannon wise, wondering whether the Satsui No Hado and Devil Gene are related or... the same. Wondering if Gouki was smashin Kazumi. Wondering if Kazuya is really... nevermind, don't want to upset anyone.

Now we know where she learned that Shoryu. I could insert some DP jokes but won't.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
No.

This is fucking worse and if you think otherwise you're delusional.

Akuma has been forcibly shoved into Tekkens lore whether the fans like it or not, unlike NRS's DLC guests which are purely non-canon. Imagine if Leatherface was in MK's story officially and was part of something as important as killing Subzero(much like Akuma is supposed to for Heihachi).

Akuma is in the initial roster, meaning if you don't like Akuma you don't have the choice to not buy him or see him, unlike NRS's DLC guests. If you want to play Tekken 7 YOU ARE FORCED to get Akuma as well.

Think about this as a person who may not like Akuma, may not know about Akuma, or may not like Street Fighter. Just like you dislike Leatherface/Predator/Jason or whoever. Imagine if your favorite MK character that was in the initial roster of MKX was instead replaced by Jason. Now do the same with Tekken and replace that character with Akuma.

There is only ONE guest right now, this game hasn't even been given a console release date yet, for all you know there could be 5 more guest coming.

All of this said, I love Akuma so i'm not mad in the slightest.
Do you remember announcement of Kratos for MK9? They made a CGI trailer just for this guest character to make him look like a part of the story. This Akuma trailer might be just as well be a "what if" for Tekken story, just like any guest character in fighting games.

Yoda, Starkiller and Darth Vader were all in intro of Soul Calibur 4 and were fighting canon characters, yet their part in the story was just a non-canon "what if". And again it is much better than what MKX have done. SoulCalibur 4 is all about masters of weapons, there are skillfull fighters competing against each other in cold weapon combat. Three Star Wars characters are masters of weapon - light saber and suit perfectly for a game like this one.

There is no confirmation that Akuma takes a canon role in Tekken 7 or that SF and Tekken is officially a one universe. Nothing to be pissed about right now still.

While 4 guest characters in MKX, two of which are shit from shitty horror movies and are not even fighters to begin with is more than terrible. They are just a waste of DLC slot that could have been used for a far greater actual MK character.

Akuma is at least a fighter and from another fighting game.

P.S. Kratos was also in the initial roster and people were forced to play with him in the game as well. Though his announcement pissed off lots of people as well. But he was just one character at that moment, like Ezio in SoulCalibur5 and one guest character is at least tolerable, especially if he is a good character from a good franchise and is an actual fighter to participate in a fighting game. Who knew that guest characters will become such a cancer for MK series though :(

Last edited:
Guys, is tekken 7 fated retribution a different game from tekken 7 ?

Im confused :s
Not really. It's in the same league as Tekken 6 vs Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion - the latter is simply a slightly updated version of the former with new characters. When it came to console release, it was Bloodline Rebellion that was issued, but under the original name of 'Tekken 6'.

Oh, and I definitely retract that recent post I made in this thread about not being hyped for this game. That Xiaoyu outfit is sublime.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Not really. It's in the same league as Tekken 6 vs Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion - the latter is simply a slightly updated version of the former with new characters. When it came to console release, it was Bloodline Rebellion that was issued, but under the original name of 'Tekken 6'.

Oh, and I definitely retract that recent post I made in this thread about not being hyped for this game. That Xiaoyu outfit is sublime.
looked around and it says release date is 18 feb, so i get to play as akuma in feb?

i know i sound like a fuckin kid in a candy store, its just im so hyped and cant believe akuma is in this shit

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
This caught me completely off guard. lol
Think that caught us all off guard, hehheh.

Yes! the new fits look sick!

BTW... @SaltShaker The Bryan fit... do tell.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I literally cannot think of a better choice.

BTW... Kazumi's command backdash is Akuma's backwards teleport animation. Cannon wise, wondering whether the Satsui No Hado and Devil Gene are related or... the same. Wondering if Gouki was smashin Kazumi. Wondering if Kazuya is really... nevermind, don't want to upset anyone.

Now we know where she learned that Shoryu. I could insert some DP jokes but won't.
Not to mention Kazuya can Tatsu. I wonder who taught him that

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I get what you're saying but it all seems unnecessarily negative. Akuma being asked by Kazumi to kill Heihachi or Kazuya makes sense for a guest character. Even better it's in the past so it's not like the story is any more fucked up then it already is. No way I see them pulling off any good story when it was 40+ individual stories. It's not like when Kratos or Freddy made it in MK9. Probably worse, is any guest character in Soul Caliber. If anyone is mad that they HAVE to have a guest character then I guess they're mad it didn't cost 5 dollars. No way I see Harada charging for Akuma, especially now with Capcom going the F2P model route. And I wouldn't worry about a favorite being replaced by Akuma. Only characters I considered replaced are the ones with moves already in the game (Hworang has Baek moves, LC has Capo moves, Gigas has Marduk moves, Etc).

I just really don't see how this can be put in a negative light unless you really hate guest characters on principle. Even then Tekken has already included everybody possible. Some new characters and an awesome FIGHTING GAME guest character put in a good place in the story is great. Especially when it will show off a SF character in 3D that isn't SFex. Too many positives man.
I love guest characters, I love Akuma.

Everything you said about Akuma being in this game is the same with the guest in MKX, but this situation is factually worse if you dislike guest characters(or Akuma specifically) or guest characters changing your lore.

This isn't my gripe, this is just me disagreeing that MKX handles guests worse.

Whether you think the story is good or messy or whatever is subjective, some people say the same about MK's story. Whether you think there is enough true Tekken character representation is subjective. I think that about MKX and the MK characters included. Whether or not this is positive in any light is entirely subjective.

Purely describing both situations and looking at them logically and factually. In one you are forced to endure(Akuma is a part of the base game), and the other you have an option not to(MKX DLC is optional content that comes after the base game). Being forced is worse if you indeed do not like guests. And Akuma isn't replacing anyone, he's filling a spot in the limited initial roster space.

That is my entire point. This isn't me saying "NO AKUMA" or "GUESTS ARE BAD". I preach for guests up and down this site all the time. But I know how to look at things from both sides as well.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
and the other you have an option not to(MKX DLC is optional content that comes after the base game)
Actually it isn't. DLC characters are added into the game through free patches, which also include balancing and your passage into online, if you don't donwload the patch, more than half of the game will be locked for you to enjoy. When patch is downloaded, you see guest characters on select screen, in towers and online matches, DLC only unlocks the character for you to play, but he is actually included through the patch. You are still forced to see them where they don't belong.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Actually it isn't. DLC characters are added into the game through free patches, which also include balancing and your passage into online, if you don't donwload the patch, more than half of the game will be locked for you to enjoy. When patch is downloaded, you see guest characters on select screen, in towers and online matches, DLC only unlocks the character for you to play, but he is actually included through the patch. You are still forced to see them where they don't belong.
Seeing them is different than paying for them.

Would you rather pay for something you hate or see something you hate?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I would rather pay for never seeing pointless and senseless guest characters in MK ever again. Unfortunately NRS doesn't give such an option.
Good for you, but that has nothing to do with my point.

And I'm sure there are plenty of people(because I've seen the reactions on Tekken forums) that feel the same way about Akuma, unfortunately when they go out the buy Tekken 7 when it releases on console they don't get the choice we have.

Looks like Tokido will be fine without Capos, the Murder Face will be all up in this shit!

Marketing wise, this is exactly what Namco needed to do. Hype wise, this is exactly what Namco needed to do. Was always thinking how to convince SF players to try out this fundamentally super solid franchise... this should make that so much easier.

Would of been hype for the new graphics and fits alone, this shit was OD as fuck!

Here's that 1080...

Went to sleep hype, woke up hype. Not hype for the wait, but still... Did not expect to be this impressed with the "reveal".

Leather face coming out looking like a fucking clown, a straight up joke that looked so lame, people questioned if it was even real... Akuma comes out looking like a fuckin boss! Well done.
I just ejaculated on myself