What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Pterodactyl im about as big a Tekken fan as humanly possible, but if they had to include 4 guest characters into the story to add them, and they were from fighting game franchises so say Akuma, Iori from KOF, Akira from VF, and Ivy from SC (big faces from their respective games). Free of charge guest included into the story as these would be. I would be the most hype person to ever live.

This would have me infinitely more hype than a $30 Tekken Pack 1 of Rocky Balboa, Chuck Norris, Jason Bourne, and Uma Thurman as DLC.

Infinitely more.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So after watching the trailer for a while, here is my speculation in Gouki in T7FR
Surely he will have a lot of normals and a 10 hit combo stuff and a bunch of throws.

Hadoken/ ex Hadoken
Shoryuken/ ex Shoryu
Tatsu / Tatsu Zankukyaku
P! Focus
Ashura Senku (his teleport)
f43 can be his HK string, or 3+4 in the notations
Rage Art (Isshun Sengetsu, also known and Raging demon ultra, but its not Shun Goku Satsu) will be a unblockable throw but duckable.

Some of his attacks can guarantee a special move hit confirm, others do not

Hadoken will not be safe at blast radius and will be jab punishable at minimum, or -15 which grants a hop kick or EWGF punish up close.
Hadoken can be side stepped.
Ashura Senku will have to be used sparingly
All versions of Shoryuken will be launch punishable on block

Demon Flip
So the reason why i didn't include demonflip at the begging list is because i think this is where Gouki will get some Okizemes

So to those who don't know, Gouki has followups out of the demon flip

So what is the demon flip?
Its a command normal where once reproduced, Akuma perform a flip in front of his opponent, if no buttons are pressed, he throws the opponent, surely translated into tekken, the demonflip throw will be duckable

Other command out of the demonflip is the Demon sweep, which knockdowns, same thing in T7, if they give him a launcher out of the demon sweep it will be nuts, so i don't see this happening
Demon Spear, is the dive kick that hits overhead cannot be crouched and is safe on block, now we've seen Akuma being able to link this particular move into Cr.mk in the trailer, which he can link into hadoken afterwards, so assume he can launch with a Shoryuken for a full combo as well, this is where anything will go nuts.

So you see, in SF4 you could calculate the arc of the demon flip to hit more or less in between the axis of the opponent and then, by pressing the dive kick either earlier or later you would get an overhead or an overhead crossup, if by any reason Akuma lands a knockdown in T7 expect this to be a legit tech.

Also if you're unaware, there is already some legit corner crossup setups in T7, if you have seen some jin players can actually wallsplat you an then jump on your back and guarantee themselves a new combo which will carry you out from one wall to another, with Akuma i can see this being taken into another level, specially on those areas where you get locked in edge of the corner with two walls each side making impossible to side step.

Forgot to mention earlier, he can also throw an air fire ball or ex it out of the demonflip.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm not disagreeing with either of you.

I'm just saying if you're a person who loves Tekken's story and doesn't like guest character you probably will hate the fact that a guest character is now forcibly being shoved into Tekken's story.

Which is why he's "worse" than MK's guest because they aren't a part of the story and you have the option of avoiding them altogether. And they also aren't taking up initial roster space.
I get what you're saying but it all seems unnecessarily negative. Akuma being asked by Kazumi to kill Heihachi or Kazuya makes sense for a guest character. Even better it's in the past so it's not like the story is any more fucked up then it already is. No way I see them pulling off any good story when it was 40+ individual stories. It's not like when Kratos or Freddy made it in MK9. Probably worse, is any guest character in Soul Caliber. If anyone is mad that they HAVE to have a guest character then I guess they're mad it didn't cost 5 dollars. No way I see Harada charging for Akuma, especially now with Capcom going the F2P model route. And I wouldn't worry about a favorite being replaced by Akuma. Only characters I considered replaced are the ones with moves already in the game (Hworang has Baek moves, LC has Capo moves, Gigas has Marduk moves, Etc).

I just really don't see how this can be put in a negative light unless you really hate guest characters on principle. Even then Tekken has already included everybody possible. Some new characters and an awesome FIGHTING GAME guest character put in a good place in the story is great. Especially when it will show off a SF character in 3D that isn't SFex. Too many positives man.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I get what you're saying but it all seems unnecessarily negative. Akuma being asked by Kazumi to kill Heihachi or Kazuya makes sense for a guest character. Even better it's in the past so it's not like the story is any more fucked up then it already is. No way I see them pulling off any good story when it was 40+ individual stories. It's not like when Kratos or Freddy made it in MK9. Probably worse, is any guest character in Soul Caliber. If anyone is mad that they HAVE to have a guest character then I guess they're mad it didn't cost 5 dollars. No way I see Harada charging for Akuma, especially now with Capcom going the F2P model route. And I wouldn't worry about a favorite being replaced by Akuma. Only characters I considered replaced are the ones with moves already in the game (Hworang has Baek moves, LC has Capo moves, Gigas has Marduk moves, Etc).

I just really don't see how this can be put in a negative light unless you really hate guest characters on principle. Even then Tekken has already included everybody possible. Some new characters and an awesome FIGHTING GAME guest character put in a good place in the story is great. Especially when it will show off a SF character in 3D that isn't SFex. Too many positives man.
Not to mention of all guest characters to have a Street Fighter character is the best possible ones because Harada and Ono are close friends. Harada would use Akuma to his greatest possiblity within the world that he had created. It wouldn't be hamfisted like Jason or Darth Vader, it would be a legitimate crossover the way they're meant to be.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So after watching the trailer for a while, here is my speculation in Gouki in T7FR
Surely he will have a lot of normals and a 10 hit combo stuff and a bunch of throws.

Hadoken/ ex Hadoken
Shoryuken/ ex Shoryu
Tatsu / Tatsu Zankukyaku
P! Focus
Ashura Senku (his teleport)
f43 can be his HK string, or 3+4 in the notations
Rage Art (Isshun Sengetsu, also known and Raging demon ultra, but its not Shun Goku Satsu) will be a unblockable throw but duckable.

Some of his attacks can guarantee a special move hit confirm, others do not

Hadoken will not be safe at blast radius and will be jab punishable at minimum, or -15 which grants a hop kick or EWGF punish up close.
Hadoken can be side stepped.
Ashura Senku will have to be used sparingly
All versions of Shoryuken will be launch punishable on block

Demon Flip
So the reason why i didn't include demonflip at the begging list is because i think this is where Gouki will get some Okizemes

So to those who don't know, Gouki has followups out of the demon flip

So what is the demon flip?
Its a command normal where once reproduced, Akuma perform a flip in front of his opponent, if no buttons are pressed, he throws the opponent, surely translated into tekken, the demonflip throw will be duckable

Other command out of the demonflip is the Demon sweep, which knockdowns, same thing in T7, if they give him a launcher out of the demon sweep it will be nuts, so i don't see this happening
Demon Spear, is the dive kick that hits overhead cannot be crouched and is safe on block, now we've seen Akuma being able to link this particular move into Cr.mk in the trailer, which he can link into hadoken afterwards, so assume he can launch with a Shoryuken for a full combo as well, this is where anything will go nuts.

So you see, in SF4 you could calculate the arc of the demon flip to hit more or less in between the axis of the opponent and then, by pressing the dive kick either earlier or later you would get an overhead or an overhead crossup, if by any reason Akuma lands a knockdown in T7 expect this to be a legit tech.

Also if you're unaware, there is already some legit corner crossup setups in T7, if you have seen some jin players can actually wallsplat you an then jump on your back and guarantee themselves a new combo which will carry you out from one wall to another, with Akuma i can see this being taken into another level, specially on those areas where you get locked in edge of the corner with two walls each side making impossible to side step.

Forgot to mention earlier, he can also throw an air fire ball or ex it out of the demonflip.
Yeah everything you said totally makes sense. Akuma might be a some kind of high risk okizeme monster. I'm thinking ex moves might be some kind of just frame. At least EX SRK for crazy launch properties. I wonder if he won't have crazy wall carry. Any characters in Tekken that are better without the wall?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah everything you said totally makes sense. Akuma might be a some kind of high risk okizeme monster. I'm thinking ex moves might be some kind of just frame. At least EX SRK for crazy launch properties. I wonder if he won't have crazy wall carry. Any characters in Tekken that are better without the wall?
Any character can net good damage without the wall, but they can net 50% with a wall.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Any character can net good damage without the wall, but they can net 50% with a wall.
So no lol. That's what I figured. Anyone ever feel like the damage - even without the wall - can get pretty crazy. One mistake = 40% life is a lot. Of course those are full launch mistakes but still.

Oh GOD Gouki mixups into wall splat into Meaty counter hit empty cancels into Raging Demon. Alright, take Akuma out Harada.

Does any character have grounded no launch links?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So no lol. That's what I figured. Anyone ever feel like the damage - even without the wall - can get pretty crazy. One mistake = 40% life is a lot. Of course those are full launch mistakes but still.

Oh GOD Gouki mixups into wall splat into Meaty counter hit empty cancels into Raging Demon. Alright, take Akuma out Harada.

Does any character have grounded no launch links?
Nops, and you cannot get launched while in knockdown too.