What's new

Team YOMI vs Team cR at KiT

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
A round robin like this, if my math is correct, is 25 matches. For comparison a NEC pool with 10 people was 25 matches. If every match is streamed this is quite a time commitment.
I feel like if we want to level up as a community, we need to stop worrying about this and just make things happen. No doubt Capcom would do it for themselves, even it it was in a Salty Suite.

There's no point in team or regional hype when the people involved never play because they're scared to find a spot to play and stream for a few hours. If there's no space at the venue, it could honestly happen in someone's hotel room (like the GGA vs. UK at EVO).

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It's really not that hard to organize a round robin....

"Hey Honeybee, sit down and play each Yomi member in a first to 3"

*15 minutes later*

"Hey Biohazard, sit down and play each Yomi member in a first to 3"

*15 minutes later*

"NEXT!"

Seems pretty simple to me
You're beyond naive About this

I nominate you to organize it all

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I feel like if we want to level up as a community, we need to stop worrying about this and just make things happen. No doubt Capcom would do it for themselves, even it it was in a Salty Suite.

There's no point in team or regional hype when the people involved never play because they're scared to find a spot to play and stream for a few hours. If there's no space at the venue, it could honestly happen in someone's hotel room (like the GGA vs. UK at EVO).
Takes massive organizational skills, takes a leader And someone who is dedicated

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
You're beyond naive About this

I nominate you to organize it all
As long as nobody walks away, it would be pretty simple. I think we would all watch it so it's not like somebody is gonna be gone or we're not gonna be able to find somebody, we're all gonna be sitting right there

ForeverKing

That's what I'm saying. It can 100% happen. For some reason people are trying to make it sound way more complicated than it is.

It doesn't have to be a round robin, it was just a suggestion. Try something different

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Actually I think round robin favors Yomi.

Pokemon battle style can go either way, because in the end it's going to come down to Yomi vs SonicFox anyways. Cr will bank on their savior in the end and hope for him to be able to take us all out.

But round robin favors Yomi because even if SonicFox beats all of Yomi, the rest of Cr is gonna get mopped up pretty good. It's gonna be delicious. Cr isn't going to cut it in a round robin with only Sonic doing all the work :D
First of all, I don't see why a standard team battle should have altered rules to favour your team. That seems really stupid.

Also, as far as cR getting mopped, that's a joke. SonicFox can mop you, Dragon literally just beat you, Bio recently mopped you at Rumble, Cowboy owns your soul, our last set you beat me by a 2-2 last game last round win despite having a 6-4 MU in your favour, whiteboi's Jason is also super strong and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat you as well.

If I just look at me vs the rest of team YOMI:

DJT: I get mopped
MIT: Haven't played in tournament since June so I dunno how it would go
Slayer: Haven't played in tournament since I beat him at EVO
REO: I'm up like 6-1 on him in tournament in MKX, most recently double eliminated him at DTN
Mike: I mopped him the last few times we met in tournament

Your ego needs a reality check.

The Highlander

There can be only one
It's really not that hard to organize a round robin....

"Hey Honeybee, sit down and play each Yomi member in a first to 3"

*15 minutes later*

"Hey Biohazard, sit down and play each Yomi member in a first to 3"

*15 minutes later*

"NEXT!"

Seems pretty simple to me
Not hype to watch though...

ForeverKing

First of all, I don't see why a standard team battle should have altered rules to favour your team. That seems really stupid.

Also, as far as cR getting mopped, that's a joke. SonicFox can mop you, Dragon literally just beat you, Bio recently mopped you at Rumble, Cowboy owns your soul, our last set you beat me by a 2-2 last game last round win despite having a 6-4 MU in your favour, whiteboi's Jason is also super strong and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat you as well.

If I just look at me vs the rest of team YOMI:

DJT: I get mopped
MIT: Haven't played in tournament since June so I dunno how it would go
Slayer: Haven't played in tournament since I beat him at EVO
REO: I'm up like 6-1 on him in tournament in MKX, most recently double eliminated him at DTN
Mike: I mopped him the last few times we met in tournament

Your ego needs a reality check.
It doesn't have to be Round Robin, it was just a suggestion. But I'm down for a normal team battle as well.

The only thing Cowboy has ever beaten me in is online and that exhibition at Yomi, but he has lost to me in every single tournament set we ever played. So lol at him owning my soul.

I think it would be more fun to play your whole team, rather then say for example your whole team loses and it's just down to SonicFox and 4 Yomi guys in the end, now I only get to fight against Sonic ;(

Pokemon battle style can go either way, because in the end it's going to come down to Yomi vs SonicFox anyways. Cr will bank on their savior in the end and hope for him to be able to take us all out.

But round robin favors Yomi because even if SonicFox beats all of Yomi, the rest of Cr is gonna get mopped up pretty good. It's gonna be delicious. Cr isn't going to cut it in a round robin with only Sonic doing all the work :D
Weren't you the guy who said cowboy wouldn't take more than a match or three and lost your name on top of it all in your own house? Reno should've saved that flight money for a van...

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I really see no reason for this to not happen. We don't need 100s of random players. Just the what? 10 dudes and someone to record it all. Doesn't even have to be streamed. All the really matters is: Are both teams going to be at KIT? How many people? Are they willing to play that much and do a tournament?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Weren't you the guy who said cowboy wouldn't take more than a match or three and lost your name on top of it all in your own house? Reno should've saved that flight money for a van...
You avi made me laugh. I just imagine a sassy grandma who gives no fucks.

I really like the idea of a points system. Have every player player every other players... that is the best for a challenge type thing between teams.
  • Each Match is 3/5
  • Each Round is worth 1 Point
  • Each Match win is worth 2 Points
  • Each Set win is worth 3 Points
  • Each team member plays every other team member.
  • Team with most points wins
  • The 2 Players with the highest Points Play a Grand Final to cap the show 4/7 or F25 for extra kudos
The only draw back is that a large team like Yomi would need to cull its members so every team brings the same number of players, or someone a LOT better at math than me would need to work out the point spread.

I think this would be hype as fuck. We would get all our fav players play every other player.. no team vs team elimination, no "oh well I have been to the events but we never meet up" type stuff, and as icing the viewers get a epic grand final show of the "apparent" best players across all teams.. maybe even both form the same team!

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.

Honeybee...........tbh Yomi would be pretty free to sonic.....You guys are pretty much underestimating cR.With guys like dragon....honeybee, Biohazard.(with a character like ferra torr he's REALLY fucking good)