What's new

Team YOMI vs Team cR at KiT

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I LOVE this idea, but it should be like Smash bros Crew Battles imo.

For those of you that don't know what crew battles is in smash, its 5v5 and everyone has 4 stocks or "lives". If you ever die, you lose 1 stock permanently. Once you lose all 4 lives (so the loser of the first match) you're out. Next match is how many lives the person before had against someone new. For more details on this read here: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Crew_battle

Now how to do this in MK? Give everyone rounds. Every player has 2 or 4 rounds they can "lose". So for example every player has 2 rounds, first match is DJT vs SonicFox.. SonicFox wins that match but gives up a round to DJT. DJT is now eliminated but Slayer (whose up next) only needs to take one round off Fox to eliminate him whereas Slayer has 2 rounds to play with. After the next person is eliminated it continues to go. Its very interesting to watch because there are some heavy counterpicking and stategy actually involved.

I think if a round robin and/or just exhibition matches.. it would be in cR's favour because of SonicFox's domination, but implementing this type of crew battle would make it much more strategic and closer overall. It would also playout faster as well.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I LOVE this idea, but it should be like Smash bros Crew Battles imo.

For those of you that don't know what crew battles is in smash, its 5v5 and everyone has 4 stocks or "lives". If you ever die, you lose 1 stock permanently. Once you lose all 4 lives (so the loser of the first match) you're out. Next match is how many lives the person before had against someone new. For more details on this read here: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Crew_battle

Now how to do this in MK? Give everyone rounds. Every player has 2 or 4 rounds they can "lose". So for example every player has 2 rounds, first match is DJT vs SonicFox.. SonicFox wins that match but gives up a round to DJT. DJT is now eliminated but Slayer (whose up next) only needs to take one round off Fox to eliminate him whereas Slayer has 2 rounds to play with. After the next person is eliminated it continues to go. Its very interesting to watch because there are some heavy counterpicking and stategy actually involved.

I think if a round robin and/or just exhibition matches.. it would be in cR's favour because of SonicFox's domination, but implementing this type of crew battle would make it much more strategic and closer overall. It would also playout faster as well.
Actually I think round robin favors Yomi.

Pokemon battle style can go either way, because in the end it's going to come down to Yomi vs SonicFox anyways. Cr will bank on their savior in the end and hope for him to be able to take us all out.

But round robin favors Yomi because even if SonicFox beats all of Yomi, the rest of Cr is gonna get mopped up pretty good. It's gonna be delicious. Cr isn't going to cut it in a round robin with only Sonic doing all the work :D

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@YOMI FOREVER KING Sippin on something strong or he's the boldest dude in the community. Dude must be sitting around thirsty for a match lol. Is yomi not enough for FK?

I'd like to see it happen. Round Robin Hopefully it is hype and not some 5-0 blowout RHS style.

@The Celebrity I like the idea but I don't think it would work as well in this type of game. Idk but starting a match with a life handicap in smash doesn't seem similar to starting a match with a round deficit in a more traditional fighter.

Umm round robin I like us (YOMI) big time vs cR for sure. Sonic may be able to clutch it out pokemon style but in round robin YOMI winning for sure I think. Let's not bring up YOMI vs every other cR member record besides sonic (looks quite nice). Even vs sonic, the record isn't even that bad considering he has the best tourny results for this game.

Tweedy

Noob
If it's round robin, Yomi wins. If it's last man standing, CR has a much better chance.

It'll be interesting, though.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Round Robin is pretty boring and long TBH. Pokemon style is much better, and you can always do FT2 and it'll still take less time than a round robin(probably).

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
It's really not that hard to organize a round robin....

"Hey Honeybee, sit down and play each Yomi member in a first to 3"

*15 minutes later*

"Hey Biohazard, sit down and play each Yomi member in a first to 3"

*15 minutes later*

"NEXT!"

Seems pretty simple to me
It also seems pretty simple to show up to pools on time or keep your shoes on ... but what do I know.

A round robin like this, if my math is correct, is 25 matches. For comparison a NEC pool with 10 people was 25 matches. If every match is streamed this is quite a time commitment.