What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya SHOULD be normalized.

What do you think about the normalizations?

• Total voters
I know you don't want to hear this but Tanya's teleport is broken as hell. Evo is headed for disaster with all the Tanyas coming out of the woodwork.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I know you don't want to hear this but Tanya's teleport is broken as hell. Evo is headed for disaster with all the Tanyas coming out of the woodwork.
eventually people will figure out how to punish it...will it be before EVO? nobody knows. Does that make it broken? nobody knows.

your prediction is noted.

Slymind

Noob
Really afraid of that as well, i hope most Tanya players don't make it to top 8, because after yesterday at esl, this could be ugly on the big screen.

For all the complaint about 50/50s, at least you have the chance to guess, with Tanya, some characters seem to be just hopeless.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
The moment they get to Top 8 they'll most likely go back to their mains because a half-ass pocket Tanya will not be doing anything
I highly doubt anyone who's "subbing" her is making top 8 unless they are an already established player in the scene. If that is the issue, well... We've been down this road before, haven't we?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Really afraid of that as well, i hope most Tanya players don't make it to top 8, because after yesterday at esl, this could be ugly on the big screen.

For all the complaint about 50/50s, at least you have the chance to guess, with Tanya, some characters seem to be just hopeless.
Why the fuck are people basing anything on online tournaments?

Of course it looks bad, have you tried to punish anything with input delay? Punishing her tele online is impossible. Offline it is easier and is done much more often at even the local levels.

Comparing her teleports to 50/50s is hilarious. There is a way to punish her teleport consistently 90% of the time. If she does it right you can't punish...but that is the point of a teleport. You have a much better chance at punishing a poorly timed teleport than guessing right on a 50/50, much less punishing it. People have bitched for months about how the game is so one dimensional with only rushdown and forward mobility and now you get a character with backward mobility and everyone is losing their god damn minds.

Never change, TYM. Never change.

P.S. The only characters I would say are "hopeless" against Tanya so far are Kotal, Goro, and Jason.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
SonicFox did get destroyed by MIT's Kobu Jutsu.
After she had been out like one week sure. He also didn't punish the teleports which he himself admitted.

If there is like 7 pocket Tanyas in the top 8 at CEO you guys might have a point. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Why the fuck are people basing anything on online tournaments?

Of course it looks bad, have you tried to punish anything with input delay? Punishing her tele online is impossible. Offline it is easier and is done much more often at even the local levels.

Comparing her teleports to 50/50s is hilarious. There is a way to punish her teleport consistently 90% of the time. If she does it right you can't punish...but that is the point of a teleport. You have a much better chance at punishing a poorly timed teleport than guessing right on a 50/50, much less punishing it. People have bitched for months about how the game is so one dimensional with only rushdown and forward mobility and now you get a character with backward mobility and everyone is losing their god damn minds.

Never change, TYM. Never change.

P.S. The only characters I would say are "hopeless" against Tanya so far are Kotal, Goro, and Jason.
People still watch ESL?

I say that because the netcode is so fucking bad, why even? They're even playing it on the console that has the most online issues with that game currently.

I know that's off topic, but basically I agree with you. I mean, that tournament all I see players do is drop BNB shit or do online gimmick shit to get by. That obviously isn't for every single person, and this is more or less a few than most, but you can't tell me Tanya's not gonna fucking be annoying to punish online no matter who you are.

Last edited:
People have bitched for months about how the game is so one dimensional with only rushdown and forward mobility and now you get a character with backward mobility
That's the point. Tanya has a multi-directional fast teleport and she's the only character with a free safe backdash. Giving a single character that much mobility gives her a massive advantage over everyone else.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It is true. It's actually true. No matter what, no matter who, there will always be massive overreaction.

Sub-Zero, Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Jacqui, Raiden etc etc. Tanya is just the current flavor of salty ice cream. After CEO some other character will be next or an old character returns to the front. Once Predator drops if he's good he'll be in the front. Then more etc etc. In the end all this Tanya salt will be as forgotten as The Great Kung Jin Scare of April a couple of weeks from now.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
That's the point. Tanya has a multi-directional fast teleport and she's the only character with a free safe backdash. Giving a single character that much mobility gives her a massive advantage over everyone else.
What is better? That mobility or characters having 15-30% block strings.

She does not have those.