What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya SHOULD be normalized.

What do you think about the normalizations?

• Total voters
What she has in mobility she doesn't have in block pressure and if she tries to go for that she gets blown up. That is what balance (believe it or not) looks like.
It's not balanced. Everyone else needs stamina to move around. She is the only one who can do it for free. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have block pressure when she can teleport behind you or away from you with no consequence.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What she has in mobility she doesn't have in block pressure and if she tries to go for that she gets blown up. That is what balance (believe it or not) looks like.
What are you doing? You've been around long enough to know when, for a variety of reasons, certain members makes an alt account to troll or to shat on another character. Stop feeding it and hope it dies of starvation.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Maybe we should get rid of everything that "no one else has", first we will get rid of clone, then Lao's swirling hat and Kotal's totems as it is annoying to deal with and changes the way you have to play the game...
/sarcasm off

Maybe we should get rid of everything that "no one else has", first we will get rid of clone, then Lao's swirling hat and Kotal's totems as it is annoying to deal with and changes the way you have to play the game...
/sarcasm off
None of those things are game-breaking. Tanya's teleport is.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It's not balanced. Everyone else needs stamina to move around. She is the only one who can do it for free. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have block pressure when she can teleport behind you or away from you with no consequence.
And this is where our conversation ends and I no longer listen to your points. There is always a consequence

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
None of those things are game-breaking. Tanya's teleport is.
You obviously don't know what gamebreaking means.

Gamebreaking is when Cassie Cage could freeze the game with a setup, i.e actually breaking the game. You can think Tanya's teleport is the most OP thing in the game but it works as it is currently intended.

Gamebreaking is when Cassie Cage could freeze the game with a setup, i.e actually breaking the game. You can think Tanya's teleport is the most OP thing in the game but it works as it is currently intended.
It works for Tanya players, I can give it that.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

What are you doing? You've been around long enough to know when, for a variety of reasons, certain members makes an alt account to troll or to shat on another character. Stop feeding it and hope it dies of starvation.
Also applies to you too!

Zoidberg747

It works for Tanya players, I can give it that.
Does it freeze the game? Does it make your character unable to move(Ok EX Tele used to do that but it doesn't anymore:DOGE)? Does it suddenly make the game contort and glitch out?

No, because it isn't gamebreaking.

Also applies to you too!
I was born to argue on the internet. It is my destiny.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Tanya is easily knocked out the air, don't be confused because MIT and Sonic Fox are playing her, all other Tanya's routinely get bodied.
That's a very poor argument. All other Tanya's have zero importance, jobbers don't define the meta. What matters is discussing the character when played at a high level by skilled players. If when played at such skill level she's a problem then ways to counter need to be discovered or like with the recent patch get an adjustment.

That's a very poor argument. All other Tanya's have zero importance, jobbers don't define the meta. What matters is discussing the character when played at a high level by skilled players. If when played at such skill level she's a problem then ways to counter need to be discovered or like with the recent patch get an adjustment.
Sonic Fox and MIT are godlike. You'll nerf every character they play (as NRS is doing) if you are judging what should be nerfed by how a character plays in their hands. There are very high skill players who don't make Tanya or Erron Black look broken. I'm not talking about high skill players in general, i'm talking about particularly MIT and Sonic FOX.

I feel bad for them because they are punished for being better than everyone else.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I wrote up a big ass post but I'll hold my tongue for now. It's too early to be making those claims, I should know better.

I would be very surprised if Pyro vs. Sun God was ever not horrible for him though.
Kotal doesn't lack mobility. The matchups he loses are those that he's rushed down in.

Zoidberg747

Kotal doesn't lack mobility. The matchups he loses are those that he's rushed down in.
I will say his NJP and D2 tend to whiff when trying to punish tele. I can usually tele all over the place against him. I can also OS teleport most of his pressure.

I cant speak for all variation ns but Kpobu Jutsu is going to rush him down, especially when all the frametraps work on him.

J0A0B

Noob
I feel bad for them because they are punished for being better than everyone else.
Being "punished" by working with rebalanced characters after winning so many titles and prize money already? Yeah, I feel really bad for SonicFox. Now he has to play more "seriously." Oh, the torture.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I will say his NJP and D2 tend to whiff when trying to punish tele. I can usually tele all over the place against him. I can also OS teleport most of his pressure.

I cant speak for all variation ns but Kpobu Jutsu is going to rush him down, especially when all the frametraps work on him.
J1 is what he uses to chase down movement.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Sonic Fox and MIT are godlike. You'll nerf every character they play (as NRS is doing) if you are judging what should be nerfed by how a character plays in their hands. There are very high skill players who don't make Tanya or Erron Black look broken. I'm not talking about high skill players in general, i'm talking about particularly MIT and Sonic FOX.

It's ugly but it's the truth. A character true potential can only be gauged when played by the best players. No one else matter for the discussion at hand.

It's ugly but it's the truth. A character true potential can only be gauged when played by the best players. No one else matter for the discussion at hand.
I know what you mean but the best players usually pick the best chars, if we nerfed kk blood god just because mr aquaman does well with him, it would be mistaking his skill for KKs power

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I know what you mean but the best players usually pick the best chars, if we nerfed kk blood god just because mr aquaman does well with him, it would be mistaking his skill for KKs power
A moot point, a skilled player will never make a mid/low tier character look high/top. He will make the character look viable for tournament play, but nothing else. If the character doesn't have the tools or right design, it's impossible for it to be perceived as top; a player with great footsies, yomi and defense will only show solid gameplay from mid/low tier characters.

A perfect example comes to mind: DJT's Fisticuff Johnny Cage. He makes the character look good, but never overly powerful. Now, I'm well aware NRS decided Fisticuff need to be adjusted shortly after DJT showed what the variation could do. Having said that, look at Erron Black: it has been nerfed several times now and the character still has better tools in comparison to many others in the roster.