What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya SHOULD be normalized.

What do you think about the normalizations?

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I actually voted "not enough nerfs". I mean, I'm of the opinion that we should wait till we learn more about her to nerf her...

But where are the Tanya mains saying "maybe we shouldn't let her compete in a tournament before she's not been out a month?"

I think it's a double-standard to say:
"we shouldn't nerf her, people will figure her out eventually and she won't be dumb"
and then
"...but until then, let's still let her compete in tournaments and wreck everything before people are able to figure it out!"

Can someone really claim that she's only ridiculous because of unfamiliarity, and then say with a straight face that in spite of that, she's totally fine to include in a massive major tournament?

You can say "just adapt" but throwing a rock into a lake and expecting it to instantly grow gills is really dumb.
We don't make the rules yet we are blamed for the showing in tournament? Get out of here with that.

Tanya mains have nothing to do if she is legal or not. Of course we want our main legal...lol

Your quote in huge print is a giant bill btw

First off, my dearest condolences to any Tanya mains who acknowledge that letting the character compete early is only going to be terrible for their own character, and the tournament as a whole...

But for the rest:

We don't make the rules yet we are blamed for the showing in tournament? Get out of here with that.

Tanya mains have nothing to do if she is legal or not. Of course we want our main legal...lol

Your quote in huge print is a giant bill btw
Not saying you have control over it, just that my sympathy for the soon to be nerf hammering this character gets is lost for the people who are completely OK with the situation that lead up to it (which you acknowledge you are).

You want your main to be playable in a tournament, where she's obviously going to wreck because of unfamiliarity. A point that YOU are actually arguing is true as well. But you don't want to deal with the obvious consequences of this happening.

I'm really going to be super sad when she gets overnerfed because she took half the top 8 in a tournament she wasn't ready for, but you wanted her to be involved with anyway.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
First off, my dearest condolences to any Tanya mains who acknowledge that letting the character compete early is only going to be terrible for their own character, and the tournament as a whole...

But for the rest:

Not saying you have control over it, just that my sympathy for the soon to be nerf hammering this character gets is lost for the people who are completely OK with the situation that lead up to it (which you acknowledge you are).

You want your main to be playable in a tournament, where she's obviously going to wreck because of unfamiliarity. A point that YOU are actually arguing is true as well. But you don't want to deal with the obvious consequences of this happening.

I'm really going to be super sad when she gets overnerfed because she took half the top 8 in a tournament she wasn't ready for, but you wanted her to be involved with anyway.

Paulo giveth and Paulo taketh away.

As dust we entered the world and as dust we leave it.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I'm maining Tanya (among others) atm, and in my opinion she's the best character in the game right now, hands down. And I do think, even after her recent minor nerf, that she's still too strong. My argument's pretty simple: mobility is everything in fighting games.... and hers is not only the best, it's the best by a large margin. I honestly think she's on her own tier at the moment because of this.

Look at any fighting game and look at the very best characters and note what their strengths are relative to the rest of the cast. It's always their ability to manipulate their mobility, or their ability to restrict their opponents mobility, or both, that make them the best. If you can't dash or unfly in MvC2, or if you can't jail your opponent like Strider, or if you can't kill your opponent for pressing a button (Cable), or if your assist option doesn't stop your opponent in their tracks, you're not even in the conversation. Look at MMH in Injustice: air dashes, teleports, long-limbs, projectiles. Evil Ryu in Ultra, O.Sagat/Dhalsim/Vega in ST.

Who can compete with her mobility? She can advance backwards and forwards with invincible frames and not spend a bar of stamina. Even if all of her other tools were trash tier, she'd probably be middle tier on her teleports alone - throw in the fact that she's a solid character without them and you have a very strong character that you can't just "figure out" in a few months. Of course predictable scrubby Tanya's are going to get bodied for tele abuse, but that's not what I think about when I think about this incarnation of her being the best character in the game months down the line. I'm thinking of polished intelligent players always holding the advantageous position against their opponent because Tanya's toolset is perfect for keeping the higher ground all day.

With that said, I don't want her nerfed into the ground. I love this character and she's my favorite to play, but I know how good she is and how NRS works - she will get nerfed, this conversation and character defending and attacking isn't going to prevent the soon to be obviousness of her strengths and the inevitable response from NRS. IMO, I think the only constructive conversation is one where players who main Tanya admit that she's too strong and try to find solutions (aka nerfs) that aren't damning our main character, while still keeping her relevant in the future meta.

--------------------

TLDR, Tanya mains: she's going to get nerfed, stop pretending like she won't, and let's collaborate a reasonable nerf list that keeps her alive so we can continue to enjoy her in the future.

Last edited:

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Don't let Tanya being crying nerfed too early become what happened to Injustice early Killer Frost nerfed to mid tier plan and fair.

-_________-

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm maining Tanya (among others) atm, and in my opinion she's the best character in the game right now, hands down. And I do think, even after her recent minor nerf, that she's still too strong. My argument's pretty simple: mobility is everything in fighting games.... and hers is not only the best, it's the best by a large margin. I honestly think she's on her own tier at the moment because of this.

Look at any fighting game and look at the very best characters and note what their strengths are relative to the rest of the cast. It's always their ability to manipulate their mobility, or their ability to restrict their opponents mobility, or both, that make them the best. If you can't dash or unfly in MvC2, or if you can't jail your opponent like Strider, or if you can't kill your opponent for pressing a button (Cable), or if your assist option doesn't stop your opponent in their tracks, you're not even in the conversation. Look at MMH in Injustice: air dashes, teleports, long-limbs, projectiles. Evil Ryu in Ultra, O.Sagat/Dhalsim/Vega in ST.

Who can compete with her mobility? She can advance backwards and forwards with invincible frames and not spend a bar of meter. Even if all of her other tools were trash tier, she'd probably be middle tier on her teleports alone - throw in the fact that she's a solid character without them and you have a very strong character that you can't just "figure out" in a few months. Of course predictable scrubby Tanya's are going to get bodied for tele abuse, but that's not what I think about when I think about this incarnation of her being the best character in the game months down the line. I'm thinking of polished intelligent players always holding the advantageous position against their opponent because Tanya's toolset is perfect for keeping the higher ground all day.

With that said, I don't want her nerfed into the ground. I love this character and she's my favorite to play, but I know how good she is and how NRS works - she will get nerfed, this conversation and character defending and attacking isn't going to prevent the soon to be obviousness of her strengths and the inevitable response from NRS. IMO, I think the only constructive conversation is one where players who main Tanya admit that she's too strong and try to find solutions (aka nerfs) that aren't damning our main character, while still keeping her relevant in the future meta.

--------------------

TLDR, Tanya mains: she's going to get nerfed, stop pretending like she won't, and let's collaborate a reasonable nerf list that keeps her alive so we can continue to enjoy her in the future.
Naaaa she will be fine. She won't get nerfed. You can njp her tele

loogie

Noob
The only thing Unbreakable needs is make his Ice Aura capture airborne opponents on activation. That would give him an anti-air and might increase his BnB damage.

It won't be broken since it can only be used once every 10 seconds.

Give Unbreakable that and he would be extremely awesome.
why the ice aura and not the ice shield, that means ice aura also would freeze grounded opponents if they attack and he activates/activating it.
Much rather see them give the ice shield the property of freezing aerial attacks and aerial specials.
in earlier builds it was like that, but that specific property didn't make the final cut

loogie

Noob
Don't let Tanya being crying nerfed too early become what happened to Injustice early Killer Frost nerfed to mid tier plan and fair.

-_________-
it's funny you go to injustice for an example when Sub in mkx was the first to be hit with a cry-nerf

loogie

Noob

Who can compete with her mobility? She can advance backwards and forwards with invincible frames and not spend a bar of stamina. Even if all of her other tools were trash tier, she'd probably be middle tier on her teleports alone - throw in the fact that she's a solid character without them and you have a very strong character that you can't just "figure out" in a few months. Of course predictable scrubby Tanya's are going to get bodied for tele abuse, but that's not what I think about when I think about this incarnation of her being the best character in the game months down the line. I'm thinking of polished intelligent players always holding the advantageous position against their opponent because Tanya's toolset is perfect for keeping the higher ground all day.

--------------------

make tele's cost stamina
double tele cost full stamina bar
why is that scorpion is made to use a full stamina bar on a tele cancel and she can tele all day with no cost at all and almost zero risk, AND attack you front and back

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Lol what? Here we go? Isn't this whole thread dedicated to nerfing this bitch?
Yes. For which sane Tanya players such as myself and others agree that yes...there is an issue with her reg teleport and that is the invincibility frames.

Adding a hit to her stamina everytime she uses it is absurd.

It's like week 1 scrubs freaking out over the clone...surely you can relate to this. Lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

--------------------

Tanya mains have already said what should be nerfed in this thread. We know she's dumb, we know she needs tweaks. We're just trying to make sure people who have no idea about the character don't post ridiculous nerfs that would cripple her mobility(i.e the reason people play her).

Yes. For which sane Tanya players such as myself and others agree that yes...there is an issue with her reg teleport and that is the invincibility frames.

It's like week 1 scrubs freaking out over the clone...surely you can relate to this. Lol
There's nothing absurd about a stamina hit to teleport.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew

I agree, but I have never once suggested that it needs to use up stamina. I just said it needs to be changed.

I agree, but I have never once suggested that it needs to use up stamina. I just said it needs to be changed.
The lack of a stamina hit is a bigger issue to be honest. Even if you remove invincible frames, regular teleport would still be broken. Besides, they're probably not going to remove invincibility given the teleport animation.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
She's probably going to get nerfed, but please don't make it drastic. As it is, she's an exciting character - and I don't want that to be taken away.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
The only issues with Tanya are with her teleport having armor randomly and invincibility frames. Keep away teleport is fine and pressure teleports are fine