What's new

General/Other - Pyromancer Tanya Pyromancer Discussion Thread

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hmmm. As i sit here practicing instant air teleports..
I winder how good this would be.
Ive been doing it at a nice height so far. And its like a regular ass shazam teleport hehe. And you can punch after is.. Hmmmmm

So, on hit, df2 gives heaps of frame advantage, specifically enough time for a fully charge f3. Now this by itself is useless because obviously your opponent will block high, but you can run cancel it into b312, for a low option
so:

f3 fully charged, run, f2xxdf1 29% (overhead) or
f3 run cancel b321 23% (low)

Both of these are meterless options and both are safe on block (apart from b312 having a few gaps).
Potentially a very useful option if you can master it. Also potentially much more damage with meter.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So, on hit, df2 gives heaps of frame advantage, specifically enough time for a fully charge f3. Now this by itself is useless because obviously your opponent will block high, but you can run cancel it into b312, for a low option
so:

f3 fully charged, run, f2xxdf1 29% (overhead) or
f3 run cancel b321 23% (low)

Both of these are meterless options and both are safe on block (apart from b312 having a few gaps).
Potentially a very useful option if you can master it. Also potentially much more damage with meter.
Full charge F3, Run , B321 is 30%
B31 xx EX Front Tele, (Air) 4 xx Air Front Tele, (Air) NJP , Run , B321 for 34% 1 bar I think it's pretty good.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Cybernetic Kano's knives travel faster and are less - on block. They also have faster start-up frames. And to do 17% you would have to set it up first. Dust isn't something you can get just by zoning. By the time you even get an opportunity to hash that 17% Kano could have been doing way more damage at that point.
Not necessarily true.

Dust is set up by simply ending a string with it. Hardly intensive work.

Cyber Kano's knives, even MB ones, travel straight and can be jumped.

From what i have seen, her fireballs can't be so easily jumped, hit mid, and can be done in the air. Something else Cyber Kano can't do.

Perhaps It's a wee bit early to start the downplay, yeah?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Not necessarily true.

Dust is set up by simply ending a string with it. Hardly intensive work.

Cyber Kano's knives, even MB ones, travel straight and can be jumped.

From what i have seen, her fireballs can't be so easily jumped, hit mid, and can be done in the air. Something else Cyber Kano can't do.

Perhaps It's a wee bit early to start the downplay, yeah?
Not really downplaying, her air fireballs are slow, that's a fact, her ground fireballs are slow, that's a fact, only the high fireball can't be jumped but it only hits the air and full screen, that's a fact.

She has space control indeed. It's just not as effective as it should be. I can be proven wrong and I'd love to be, but it's not looking that way at the moment.

Rude

Not really downplaying, her air fireballs are slow, that's a fact, her ground fireballs are slow, that's a fact, only the high fireball can't be jumped but it only hits the air and full screen, that's a fact.

She has space control indeed. It's just not as effective as it should be. I can be proven wrong and I'd love to be, but it's not looking that way at the moment.
13 frames isn't slow so no, that isn't a fact.

Comparatively, knives are two frames faster in Cyber only. 16 frames in Commando and Cuthroat.

If you read a jump, use air fireball. Cyber doesn't even have that option. The downplay is sickening.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
13 frames isn't slow so no, that isn't a fact.

Comparatively, knives are two frames faster in Cyber only. 16 frames in Commando and Cuthroat.

If you read a jump, use air fireball. Cyber doesn't even have that option. The downplay is sickening.
I meant the travel time. And judging from your post, you haven't even tried her yet. you should probably wait before jumping into conclusions yourself. I already stated that it's still early and there could be something that I overlooked. But I'm probably right.

Rude

I meant the travel time. And judging from your post, you haven't even tried her yet. you should probably wait before jumping into conclusions yourself. I already stated that it's still early and there could be something that I overlooked. But I'm probably right.
You're grasping at straws, now. The projectiles themselves do serviceable damage. You can set up to do even more. You have an instant air projectile and one that hitw high and keeps people out of the air.

Plus, if they start closing in you can spend meter to teleport out of the situation.

Quit overreacting. She's fine.

Just because a character's zoning strategy requires reads doesn't make it bad.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You're grasping at straws, now. The projectiles themselves do serviceable damage. You can set up to do even more. You have an instant air projectile and one that hitw high and keeps people out of the air.

Plus, if they start closing in you can spend meter to teleport out of the situation.

Quit overreacting. She's fine.

Just because a character's zoning strategy requires reads doesn't make it bad.
Shinnok's Necromancer zoning says otherwise. Time will tell.

Rude

Shinnok's Necromancer zoning says otherwise. Time will tell.
That's not even the same thing.

His problem is glitchy tracking to where even when you make the right read the move doesn't function as it should.

That Isn't the case with Tanya. Jesus.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

I don't understand. Almost everyone's projectiles can be jumped, and them being mid hitting is a huge plus since they can't be ducked that most characters don't have.

What is it you think they should have done to make it better? When she has the ability to get 17% off a fireball during dust, which has a long duration, I doubt they would give her 12 frame startups that are -11 on block like Kano. 7% on regular hit isn't too bad either. All she has to do is land one combo and end it with dust, and then either pressure or back away. 6% fireball chip during dust, 8% block string, runaway and bait teleports, etc.

I'm the first to blow up this game for crappy zoning, but this variation looks like it has some real potential.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
That's not even the same thing.

His problem is glitchy tracking to where even when you make the right read the move doesn't function as it should.

That Isn't the case with Tanya. Jesus.
I don't even think you're talking about the same thing as I am at this point.

Rude

I don't even think you're talking about the same thing as I am at this point.
You tried to counter my arguement that just because a zoning character's tools takes reads that doesn't make them bad by saying that Necromancer Shinnok's zoning is bad.

The problem is that his zoning is bad not because of reads, but because of a glitch in his trackings programming.

You brought Shinnok up, and it isn't even the same thing as Tanya.

insignis

Noob
2u3,run,34~dust - 22%
112/b31/f2~exdf3,j3,df3,njp,j2,run,f2~dust - 30%/29%/30%
j4~df3,njp,j2,run,f2~dust - 22%

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You tried to counter my arguement that just because a zoning character's tools takes reads that doesn't make them bad by saying that Necromancer Shinnok's zoning is bad.

The problem is that his zoning is bad not because of reads, but because of a glitch in his trackings programming.

You brought Shinnok up, and it isn't even the same thing as Tanya.
No. I did not say her zoning is bad because of reads, I said her zoning is bad because of their travel speed combined with their block advantage.

I brought Shinnok in as an example because despite his read-based space control with Hellsparks, Judgment Hand and Flick, he still fails to be in the same caliber as Quan and the other viable zoners. This is also taking into account that a read on flick will make it whiff so Hellsparks will be used to counter that.

Rude

No. I did not say her zoning is bad because of reads, I said her zoning is bad because of their travel speed combined with their block advantage.

I brought Shinnok in as an example because despite his read-based space control with Hellsparks, Judgment Hand and Flick, he still fails to be in the same caliber as Quan and the other viable zoners. This is also taking into account that a read on flick will make it whiff so Hellsparks will be used to counter that.
Again, flick whiffing is a bug. If it didn't whiff, his zoning would be fine.

Tanya's travel speed is fine. What do you want? Kitana speed and start up projectiles that hit mid, do 7%, and can be set up for 17%?