What's new

General/Other - Pyromancer Tanya Pyromancer Discussion Thread

Byites

Wilson
I uploaded a quick 41 second video showing her frame data for this spec here is the link

(Will be posted in 5 mins)

Also yes you can tell after a blocked jik

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
@General M2Dave if you're expecting her zoning to be any good, you'll be very disappointed. Her fireballs are very negative on block and you would be more reliant on teleporting away and threatening with very unsafe mix-ups.

I'm just glad her fitty fitties are not on the same level as Kung Jin, Erron Black, Sonya etc.

She's basically Reptile with a teleport. A character with a gameplan of a madman.

It's still very early though, maybe someone will find something good. But my day 1 Tanya is not looking promising.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
I'm just glad her fitty fitties are not on the same level as Kung Jin, Erron Black, Sonya etc.
Really? I didn't played yet but her mix ups and 5050's looks ridiculously fast, really
unpredictable, she have them even in the air... Are you saying that she is not a good as a mix up character like them?

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Really? I didn't played yet but her mix ups and 5050's looks ridiculously fast, really
unpredictable, she have them even in the air... Are you saying that she is not a good as a mix up character like them?
Fast, sure. But you get nothing out of them and you eat a full combo when they're blocked. W/e I'd rather have it like that. Make her zoning better instead.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Fast, sure. But you get nothing out of them and you eat a full combo when they're blocked. W/e I'd rather have it like that. Make her zoning better instead.
Oh she looks kinda risky, good option for yolo players lol but i think she can win by only doing these mixups and the blocking in this game may help, it looks delayed, lost count of my tries to block on reaction and still get hit anyway. She reminds me of Rolento for a reason...

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Oh she looks kinda risky, good option for yolo players lol but i think she can win by only doing these mixups and the blocking in this game may help, it looks delayed, lost count of my tries to block on reaction and still get hit anyway. She reminds me of Rolento for a reason...
Sure. but how many times do you need to guess right to win a round by doing those things? Compare that number to how many times the opponent needs to guess right to win.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Sure. but how many times do you need to guess right to win a round by doing those things? Compare that number to how many times the opponent needs to guess right to win.
Yeah, MKX looks more like a ''guess game'', sometimes i miss the footsies of MK9.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Frame data listed for projectiles is usually from point blank.

They are less - from further out. Also she has the potential to do 17% on hit projectiles.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I must be missing something here I see people doing njp out of teleports but all I get are jump in moves explanations are needed

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
@General M2Dave if you're expecting her zoning to be any good, you'll be very disappointed. Her fireballs are very negative on block and you would be more reliant on teleporting away and threatening with very unsafe mix-ups.

She's basically Reptile with a teleport. A character with a gameplan of a madman.

It's still very early though, maybe someone will find something good. But my day 1 Tanya is not looking promising.
Good good. Let's down play for the zoning buffs. MB fireballs should be plus and overheads.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Frame data listed for projectiles is usually from point blank.

They are less - from further out. Also she has the potential to do 17% on hit projectiles.
Cybernetic Kano's knives travel faster and are less - on block. They also have faster start-up frames. And to do 17% you would have to set it up first. Dust isn't something you can get just by zoning. By the time you even get an opportunity to hash that 17% Kano could have been doing way more damage at that point.