What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

Nice. What change enabled that? I'm sold. d/f1 is such a great punish move 11 frame startup and huge range. Can punish Bojutsu KJ Ex Spin, KJ telepush, Erron Black Ex Slide with Ease.
Idk they probably just coded it to be able to be linked now lol one of his hidden buffs

Which of these characters would complement Takeda as a secondary? As in, cover his bad matchups and the like. I intend to experiment with Takeda as a main.

I'm considering these characters as secondaries...

Shinnok
Kenshi
Reptile
Quan Chi

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Which of these characters would complement Takeda as a secondary? As in, cover his bad matchups and the like. I intend to experiment with Takeda as a main.

I'm considering these characters as secondaries...

Shinnok
Kenshi
Reptile
Quan Chi
right now id prob say Kenshi - but it wouldnt hurt to have a pocket Quan with how this game is moving

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Man, All I gotta say is Scorpion/Hanzo Hasashi was a horrible teacher.
Lol ...Hanzo kept all the ninja shit to himself. ..but really... I feel like takeda has the possibility of the best canon story out of all the 4 freshmen but they are gonna kill him before it even has time to grow into a respected character. I mean this kid has so much potential according to the story .. kenshis son and now they made up, he's been "supposedly" trained by scorpion, and now that scorpion and sub had their little sharing tea moment , I could see him training with sub also .( plus it seems that he addresses sub formally as grandmaster). Plus he's trying to smash Jacqui... I mean there's prob nothing else they could have fit into his story line to make it like he'll be around for a few years but it really seems like he gets zero focus or deeper thought when it comes to the game. ..

.. People seem to only respect you as takeda after you have beat them a few times and even then , half of them still talk that caca.

I mean story wise, cassie is cliche...jaqcui is cliche, and kung jin is all over the place but really still has a hazy backstory. I dunno.. I really hope someone at nrs is taking a deeper look into takeda and figuring out something. . Really even if it's not this game he shouldn't be the bastard child of the mk games when in the story he seems to have the most potential out of the freshmens

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Anyone have their own Shirai Ryu Matchup Chart vs the most common used variations for each character? Does he have ANY winning matches?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Anyone have their own Shirai Ryu Matchup Chart vs the most common used variations for each character? Does he have ANY winning matches?
Here's the thing, I feel with all the new buffs for everyone else, i dont really think he does any more. The ones he did have, seem not in his favor anymore, and thus he is completely reliant on whoever is playing him. imo, It comes down to the skill of the player -more so than pretty much anybody else in the game- when trying to make him a threat when playing at high level.

You simply can't be "brain dead" and play takeda if you want to win. People who don't play him just assume b21 and njp is all you need and they say shit like well he has range and footsies (when most dont even grasp the concept of footsies in the first place) so he should beat so-and-so all day. Negative... The shit thats gonna have me beat so-and-so is dedication to making takeda better ( read trickier) , match up knowledge, AND understanding the player I'm facing.

subzero, takeda, goro, Jacqui are the only even match ups for me. Everything else seems out favoured.. I mean I still have pretty good win ratio vs the rest of the cast but I feel I don't have to give these characters that much match respect as much as I do with say kung Lao, dvorah, Liu kang, etc.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
That's just because you lose more as Takeda
Shit I get teabagged even when I don't lose. People just always hating. Or salty. Or bitches.. every time someone tea bags , I'm like okay..you know what also bob's up and down like that... High school chicken heads...
bwok bwok, chicken chicken, bwok bwok, chicken heads

I just think it's funny, and I find it funnier when it's a Scorpion or Mileena player (side note: I have always hated Mileena ever since I was a kid back when MK2 came out. I always, always lose to her). They act like he is a super easy or cheap character, which someone online told me that before. I'm in no way a great player, but if they only knew how hard we have to work for a win.

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
bwok bwok, chicken chicken, bwok bwok, chicken heads

I just think it's funny, and I find it funnier when it's a Scorpion or Mileena player (side note: I have always hated Mileena ever since I was a kid and MK2. I always, always lose to her). They act like he is a super easy or cheap character, which someone online told me that before. I'm in no way a great player, but if they only knew how hard we have to work for a win.
Lol man, what i hate is that ill play takeda and beat someone using scorpion, kung jin, ermac, etc ( you know the dime a dozen ones) and ill be like 5-0 and not end with a single fatality to get swiftly back into the next match, then what ill do is ill start trying to find out new tech so ill start playing more recklessly sacrificing myself a lot more that i usually would to see if i can stumble upon anything new and ill lose.. then i get teabagged like im playing halo 3 or something then they do a fatality and then quit... its like really ..you might as well fly the Mitch Bade flag sky high... as this is in just player matches- i dont see the logic in it.

i really miss real arcades... like a lot.. seems like a lot players have no place to learn the unspoken rules. anywhere else.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Is there a list of known bugs for Takeda? So far NRS has only patched things that benefited Takeda. Maybe they just don't know about the other stuff.

st9rm

viennality.com
Is there a list of known bugs for Takeda? So far NRS has only patched things that benefited Takeda. Maybe they just don't know about the other stuff.
well, they should fix the frame data, especially for the ex teleport, which is def. not 0 on block
also they should make 112 a true blockstring, the first two hits of that string, seem to always hit high on a crouching opponent, and can be poked/armored out off
i'd like to see ex fist flurry have faster startup and b1 being a bit faster as well
Pleeeeeeeeeeease buff air spear lol
that's the last thing he needs buffed

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Im asking for too much but I want projectile invincibility from waist down only on hit. Lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I haven't seen anything posted about the plus frames Ronin can get from quick call back, but I assume they're known?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Everyone knows that QK at least makes most things safe. But I don't think anyone has posted the actual data.
yeah i even tweeted NRS/ tyler, derik like 3 times for this shit and i got nothing.... but they will repost stupid pictures of quitalities. :mad: