What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So tonight was my first local going back to Takeda. I went 1-2 but I did much better than I thought I would, I dropped a lot of punishes and tele cancels and still held my own against people who have free'd me up before. Might end up maining Takeda completely again, he is just too much fun.

I have videos ill post tomorrow.

Agoat

Always Be Cmashing
Went 2-2 at Tampa Never Sleeps today. There was another Takeda that was much better than I am, he made it out of pools. I fell to Jason, I had no idea his command grab was a hit instead of a grab. I'm very happy with my first tournament performance, I think Takeda is a lot more viable than I gave him credit for.

Agoat

Always Be Cmashing
I'm very happy with this update. Jabbing is a viable attack now!

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
How is Takeda's pressure? Is he good at opening his opponent up / frustrating them? I was looking with a character with good range to play along side Johnny Cage but most of the zoners in the game aside from Cybernetics Kano and Kenshi do not interest me.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
How is Takeda's pressure? Is he good at opening his opponent up / frustrating them? I was looking with a character with good range to play along side Johnny Cage but most of the zoners in the game aside from Cybernetics Kano and Kenshi do not interest me.
With the buffs to Lasher you can consistently open them up from a distance while remaining relatively safe against most of the cast. To do this you use his B21 which is a double overhead string which can be canceled before the second hit into his low special DB2 and F12+4 from full screen where the last hit of the string hits overhead but also be omitted for DB2. With all that in mind check out Lasher if you like that example of what this variation has to offer.

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
With the buffs to Lasher you can consistently open them up from a distance while remaining relatively safe against most of the cast. To do this you use his B21 which is a double overhead string which can be canceled before the second hit into his low special DB2 and F12+4 from full screen where the last hit of the string hits overhead but also be omitted for DB2. With all that in mind check out Lasher if you like that example of what this variation has to offer.

I agree 100%. The Buffs to Lasher have really made it more difficult to choose between Lasher and Shirai Ryu. If used properly Lasher can definatly control the mid screen and punish from a distance, plus that low slash buff is amazing

BoricuaHeat

I agree 100%. The Buffs to Lasher have really made it more difficult to choose between Lasher and Shirai Ryu. If used properly Lasher can definatly control the mid screen and punish from a distance, plus that low slash buff is amazing
I just love the fact that all of Takeda's variations are viable now. Ronin for the in your face rush down, Shirai Ryu for the teleport feint mind games and Lasher for full control mid screen.

I'm absolutely happy with these changes and wouldn't request anything more.

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
I just love the fact that all of Takeda's variations are viable now. Ronin for the in your face rush down, Shirai Ryu for the teleport feint mind games and Lasher for full control mid screen.

I'm absolutely happy with these changes and wouldn't request anything more.

You hit the nail on the head. I kept thinking to myself how good Lasher would be if some of the moves had lower frames i.e mainly low slash...so its as if NRS read my mind lol....but seriously the changes are great and I can see Takeda move up in tiers thanks to the Lasher variation

They could do something to tornado strike. Maybe make the start up better so you can use it armor it as a reversal. It's really kind of a pointless move.

BoricuaHeat

They could do something to tornado strike. Maybe make the start up better so you can use it armor it as a reversal. It's really kind of a pointless move.
On that I agree. Its main uses boil down to converting off jump kicks on air hit with Lasher/Ronin and punishing a projectile on a read. Maybe changing it to say negative -8 on block so you can still start up pressure versus Takeda if blocked and isn't complete suicide to just throw out.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
On that I agree. Its main uses boil down to converting off jump kicks on air hit with Lasher/Ronin and punishing a projectile on a read. Maybe changing it to say negative -8 on block so you can still start up pressure versus Takeda if blocked and isn't complete suicide to just throw out.
For me just fix the armor properties. There's absolutely no reason someone should be able to d1 you out of an ex tornado strike.. I think the armor should be active more frames or something. IMO since the move is so punishable, they should just be forced to block it then punish. As it is now they can just hit buttons and thats that.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
So I don't play Takeda but am very interested in Lasher. It seems to have gotten dramatically improved with the patch now that his lash trip special is semi-safe. Are people still viewing Shirai Ryu as the best variation or is Lasher competitive with it now?

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
So I don't play Takeda but am very interested in Lasher. It seems to have gotten dramatically improved with the patch now that his lash trip special is semi-safe. Are people still viewing Shirai Ryu as the best variation or is Lasher competitive with it now?

I think Lasher is now part of the "Which variation is better" convo. I still give the edge to Shirai Ryu but I have been using Lasher more (Whip Trip as a combo ender gets 'em about 80% of the time). Also the Low Slash has better frames so u can zone better and use that range to your advantage....the way I feel Takeda should be used

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Not much has changed, Lasher still has its uses and so does Shirai Ryu. If you want to play Lasher than you should. Whip trip being safe is cool but it isnt nearly as huge as the universal d1 buff.

Agoat

Always Be Cmashing
I'm a firm believer that teleports help a lot against a lot of characters but Lasher definitely has a place.

EOTL

If Lasher df1 became a regular hit and not a poke (i.e it could combo into moves) I would be sold on Lasher.

EOTL

it will link with specials now thanks to the recent buffs.
Nice. What change enabled that? I'm sold. d/f1 is such a great punish move 11 frame startup and huge range. Can punish Bojutsu KJ Ex Spin, KJ telepush, Erron Black Ex Slide with Ease.