What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
i use it for punishes and anti airing cross overs (step forward once then standing 1 on a crossover reaction or read)

also you need to use it for optimal damage from ex spear or ex fist flurry and theres pretty much no extra execution needed
Thanks. I always just used F122+4 for metered and meterless punishes. The extra 5% off metered punishes should help a lot.

hayatei

Noob
Thanks. I always just used F122+4 for metered and meterless punishes. The extra 5% off metered punishes should help a lot.
as shirai ryu i use 112xxbf2,b2xxdb1,112xxbf1 (44 for moves that are like -18 or more and f21 for the ones with too much pushback)

for some reasons b2 teleport 112 spear does 1% more damage than b21 teleport 33 spear

Last edited:

StealthyMuffin

This isn't the place for a rant like this, but whatever.

I'm just done. I was hoping this would be the game that kickstarted my competitive endeavors, but everything about this game just sucks. From the online play to the myriad of horrendous gameplay design choices.
-Jump ins leading to 50/50s
-Jump ins leading to free grab mix ups
-AAs are trivialized by the lack of "jump attack" invincibility
-Throws themselves are 50/50 (this is so fucking stupid)
-Poor character balance (I know its not the worst)
-Etc.
The list goes on.

NRS has officially lost another community member.

Later, knuckleheads!

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
This isn't the place for a rant like this, but whatever.

I'm just done. I was hoping this would be the game that kickstarted my competitive endeavors, but everything about this game just sucks. From the online play to the myriad of horrendous gameplay design choices.
-Jump ins leading to 50/50s
-Jump ins leading to free grab mix ups
-AAs are trivialized by the lack of "jump attack" invincibility
-Throws themselves are 50/50 (this is so fucking stupid)
-Poor character balance (I know its not the worst)
-Etc.
The list goes on.

NRS has officially lost another community member.

Later, knuckleheads!

damn man .. not another one of us dropping .. its getting thin round these parts ( before long there will be like only 9 takeda mains) ...but i feel you..
@Tom Brady is supposedly leaving also so half the Subzero peeps gonna drop along with him..
It really sucks when people who hunt and discover useful tech get discouraged enough to drop a game...

will we be seeing you in sfv? im bout to pick up a ps4 and once i get everything set up ill try to find you on psn

i need help to counter takeda,i am jax...my opponent is just jumping and NJP crossups,and mixups and strings...where are gaps,how to counter njp and jumpers spammers

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
i need help to counter takeda,i am jax...my opponent is just jumping and NJP crossups,and mixups and strings...where are gaps,how to counter njp and jumpers spammers
thats pretty much takedas entire gameplay TBH.. add kunai cancels and thats pretty much it.

if you read/see a jump .. block... them punish .. i really dont know much of jaxs moveset but to be honest this match up is heavy in your favor. stick to takeda like rice and corner push him.. ( as a mater of fact push him to a corner that has an interactable that can only be used once and bait it out.. then once you have him in that corner.. pressure pressure pressure.. the taqkeda player will actually have to outplay you to escape.. Jax in the corner vs takeda is almost very one sided..

as for gaps .. takeda has alot that jax can punish.. i suggest going through the threads and watching matches or reading some of the input from high level takeda mains to see where most of these are. theres alot that you can ex through for full combo punish

also , another thing you can do is set Takeda as your practice mode dummy. and record him doing these things and find ways to counter or learn from it.. this helps a lot

Last edited:

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
To kinda piggy back off of @aieches, set Jax as the dummy in practice, and you as takeda, with the ai setting to reversal (and to always block of course) and use some of takeda's pressure strings (like f1, 2, 2+4 or f2, 1, or b2, 1) and such to see where the gaps are. The ai will automatically find the gaps for you to see.

Another thing you can do when pressuring takeda, since his wake ups take awhile to start, is do fast strings so you hit him out of his armor moves. I'm not familiar with jax's moves, but usually the 1,1 strings for the cast is pretty fast and will hit me out of my ex wake ups. Or just bait them out. Personally, I find that jumping or crossing over gives me problems in those wake up situations.

StealthyMuffin

You guys...
1. Knock your opponent down
2. Get on top of them
3. Well timed NJK
4. Follow up with B4

It's surprisingly effective.

P.S. With this post... I think it's safe to say... we've officialy reached the bottom of the barrel.

StealthyMuffin

Sometimes, when I'm bored, I look at Takeda's canned alternate costumes and just cry a lot.
Go. Go right now and look at them.
I wouldn't care about gameplay quirks if he had a female costume or an alternate costume that is blindfolded.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
That's a super good idea. There are some real stinkers, though. Lol
Yeah but at least for the new comers they all have at least one that's better than their defaults in the concept art. I mean jaqcuis and cassies skins could be so much better. King jins alt should be his default, morals default I like a lot but I think his alt could have been better. F/T they could have went all out on for the alt and didn't... Hopefully it's cause they have something up their sleeves

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Question! Takeda's teleport is like -15 right? Is there a way to make it safe, or is it just online fucking with me?
Online Takedas constantly teleport and then f3. I doubt a special can be cancelled into a normal so wasn't I supposed to be able to -at the very least- d1 after I block a teleport?

StealthyMuffin

Question! Takeda's teleport is like -15 right? Is there a way to make it safe, or is it just online fucking with me?
Online Takedas constantly teleport and then f3. I doubt a special can be cancelled into a normal so wasn't I supposed to be able to -at the very least- d1 after I block a teleport?
It's never safe. Ex and normal tele share similar block data, btw. Neither is ever safe.

StealthyMuffin

I have seen @RedRaptor10 use this before in one of his videos.

Christ... This is like the 90th time this has happened. I knew it seemed familiar. Please give us feeble non-Asians a chance, @RedRaptor10.

EDIT: That looks super racist. But anyway... My video was was primarily demonstrating input reversals. This is something a little different.

Last edited:

StealthyMuffin

I just had a premonition, guys.

This is 100% accurate:
-Better wakeups
-Less recovery on important strings
-Slighty adjusted chip damage (almost irrelevantly slight)
-A random string gets a new use
-Slight hitbox adjustments on key strings
-Damage modifications on some moves
-Another string allows Kunai to jail (this one is questionable)
-Takeda will still be a little weak
-A well liked TYM personality says, "Stop thinking Takeda is bad."

Watch.

EDIT: He also receives ONE costume. It's part of a themed pack, but it isn't very cool looking. I feel like this didn't get the recognition it deserves. I'm being 100% legit.

Last edited:

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Hey Takeda players so I've been playing Lasher (I know right?) and I've actually been having fun, anyway when I was playing I saw Lasher has this really long range poke df1 and I was like cool that's probably super useful, then I noticed it only did 2% and I was like well that kinda sucks but it's a long range low so I guess that's fine, then I noticed it was a mid and I was like what the hell NRS it's called low slash for fucks sake!

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Have y'all noticed that if you do the EX kunai and hold 1 then press 2 while still holding it you will do an interactable if you're over one but if you hold 1 normally and then press 2 you will not?