What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

I will be in later but I believe I'm gonna be running games for sometime. I'm really not understanding ronin....I was expecting him to have some different strings at least but he only gets like one new OH that u lose if u drop the pulse blade. Ronin just feels like he loses all his pros when he has with whips...and gets new cons with like one or two pros.

Lasher is straight booty IMO lol

whats a good opening move to start the round?
I have been messing around with f3, neutral jump 1 or 2 or just block lol depending on the character I play vs
Takeda in his ryu version has a hard time once a rushdown character gets in like other ppl have already mentioned here
I need to spend more time with his other versions too though and will report back on this topic

@HomeLee1121 in Lasher he has hella armor and reach. His damage just sucks. Ronin seems to be a bill though.
Lasher to me is high risk low reward....I don't take those odds when I'm gambling lol shirai ryu has armor too but only ex teleport on wake up and the fury fists move.

I just think since both variations have such negative moves...I'd rather stick with the one that has a teleport lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
whats a good opening move to start the round?
I have been messing around with f3, neutral jump 1 or 2 or just block lol depending on the character I play vs
Takeda in his ryu version has a hard time once a rushdown character gets in like other ppl have already mentioned here
I need to spend more time with his other versions too though and will report back on this topic
Against good players, you might want to just wait, step slightly back and then use a footsie tool on reaction, etc. Anything else is a risk that might not pay off.

AssassiN

Noob
Against good players, you might want to just wait, step slightly back and then use a footsie tool on reaction, etc. Anything else is a risk that might not pay off.
F3 isn't that bad of a way to start off the round.
Once people start walking back or doing NJ then yeah it becomes a lot more interesting to start rounds with walking back and see what happens.

I'm having fun with Takeda(Shirai Ryu), he does have his issues that his armored wake-ups suck and when being pressured he has to do risky stuff like backdash or neutral jump. Annoying people with the whips and Kunai's is so much fun though.
His F3 against wake-ups in the corner is good way to check people.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
So I think it may have already been settled, but 112 is officially a useless string. Has 2 frame gaps and is a high....No thank you
Hahaha! I've been hitting noobs with that string all day! I love the hit confirm off 112 so I'll probably still use it.. Until someone checks me. :REO

Lasher to me is high risk low reward....I don't take those odds when I'm gambling lol shirai ryu has armor too but only ex teleport on wake up and the fury fists move.

I just think since both variations have such negative moves...I'd rather stick with the one that has a teleport lol
Tornado kick is also armored. But get what you're saying. SR is my favorite as well.